• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jaehaerys IV comes off as a more better version of Robert Baratheon as he was a bored warrior king who liked to hold many tourneys and went on a campaign to subdue troublesome raider filled islands as a good excuse to leave the capital. He is the first king to expand the Iron Throne's dominions beyond the Conqueror's vision and the first king to expand the Iron Throne's territories since Daeron II. If I am correct, he is also the first Targaryen king not to be a direct male descendant of the Conqueror.

Aegon VIII will only be known as the one month king and being the first non-Valyrian looking Targaryen to ascend to the Iron Throne.

Tyanna Targaryen will be the first sister-wife to ascend to the Iron Throne after the death of her brother-husband. Considering the partial Ptolemaic dynasty inspiration on the Targaryens, it is surprising it did not happen sooner.

Reactions:
"Aegon the Broken." Despite his short and rather un-noteworthy reign, I can see him having precisely the sort of story that inspires ballads -- a youth of apparent promise cut down in his prime, lingering on just long enough to make one wonder what might have been. The closest historical comparison might be to someone like Edward the Black Prince.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Book 4: The Uprisings of the Fifth Century
Book 4: The Uprisings of the Fifth Century

The last of Maester Jon's Masterworks. This particular work focuses on the reigns of Tyanna I and Aegon IX, followed by the reigns of his three sons, Rhaegar II, Daeron III and Orys I. Also covered in this book were two rebellions: the Martell Rebellion during Tyanna I's reign, and the Drumm Uprising that would claim the lives of two Kings.

Maester Jon finished this work in 725 AC.​

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have to admit, the game has slowed down a lot now, as has my enthusiasm to play it. But bare with me, I will finish this last book and the look into this alternate timeline.

I do have plans to continue writing history book style AARs, so don't worry. Right now, the plan is to either do the Chinese Exile in India idea...or the Habsburg Empire of Alexandria with the 'Custom Heresy' mod. One of the two.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Tyanna I Targaryen
Tyanna I Targaryen
blnBzka.jpg

Reigned: 530AC - 551AC
Spouses: Aegon Targaryen, Lucerys Fyreblood, Daemon Westford
Children: Aegon Targaryen, Naerys Targaryen, Aemon Targaryen, Maega Fyreblood, Aerys Truedrake

Tyanna Targaryen, First of Her Name, was the Thirty-First Monarch of the Seven Kingdoms, the second Queen Regnant and the final rider of the Great Dragon, Sintharia. She was the sister-wife of her predecessor, Aegon VIII, and inherited the throne from him in what remains unique circumstances.

She married Lucerys Fyreblood in 352AC. Consort Lucerys was frail and often ill, but that did not stop the royal couple from siring three children. Lucerys would die of a short illness in 535AC, a few moons before the birth of his daughter Maega. Due to the fact the House Fyreblood only had one member at the time of Maega’s birth (that being Lucerys’ brother, Lord Rhaegel), Tyanna granted Maega her father’s name.

In 536AC the Princess of Dorne, Richelle Martell, declared independence from the Iron Throne. She first launched an attack on the Stepstones, and even managed to occupy half of the islands before the armies of the Reach and Stormlands even managed to enter Dorne itself.
To their credit, the Dornish held fast for three years. House’s Yronwood and Dayne in particular proved difficult to overcome. The two military powers of Dorne managed to hold off the armies of the Reach and Stormlands. At least until the Queen came down from the South atop The Suneater. House Dayne bent the knee, but the Yronwoods refused. This refusal lasted until Sintharia appeared in the skies above Castle Yronwood itself.
The rebellion ended in 539AC, with the Surrender of Sunspear. The Reach, Stormlands and Stepstones wished to carve Dorne up between the three of them, and were it not for Hand of the Queen Harys Melcolm, this might well have been the outcome of the war, due to how publicly the Queen supported the idea. Instead, House Dayne, due to their blood ties to the Queen, were chosen to take House Martell's place as Princes of Dorne.

Tyanna married Ser Daemon Westford in 540AC. House Westford of Wyndhall were one of the few Houses to boast a Valyrian look at this point in time, and were amongst House Redclaw’s most loyal supporters. As part of the marriage deal, Daemon’s youngest brother was granted a place on the Kingsguard.
It was an open secret that Ser Daemon preferred men, so Tyanna took a lover in the form of her brother-by-law, Eerl Volmark, her sister Alienor’s husband. She would give birth to his son, Aerys, in 541AC. He would go on to found House Truedrake.

In 546AC, the Commander of the Shadow Tower, Dickon Baratheon, rebelled against the Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch, Humfrey Hawick. Once more, Tyanna flew out on the Suneater to aid the Night’s Watch, and easily put an end to Baratheon's betrayal.

During Tyanna’s reign, a number of Great Dragons died, the most important of these was the Queen’s own mount, Sintharia, the very first Jaehaerian Dragon, in 551AC. The Suneater had seen two hundred and nineteen namedays at the time of her death. Thus passed the last living creature from the days of the War for the Dawn.

A moon’s turn later, Tyanna I Targaryen was dead. Whilst the cause was never entirely decided upon. Maester Runceford posited that it was a mix of Tyanna’s unhealthy lifestyle and some pseudo-mystic connection that dragon riders have with their mounts. She was succeeded by her son, Aegon IX Targaryen.

Tyanna’s reign was, aside from the two brief periods of conflict, peaceful and prosperous. The Royal coffers were more filled than they had been in generations despite the near monthly feasts and balls the Queen hosted, and there were few if any outbreaks of illness. Compounded by constant good harvests and weather, many felt that the Long Summer had finally come.

They were sadly incorrect.

Kingsguard at the end of Tyanna I Targaryen’s Reign
Ser Emerick Marbrand, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard
Ser Harys Deddings
Ser Tywin Sarwyck
Ser Royce Inchfield
Ser Davos Lothston
Ser Laswell Peake
Ser Manly ‘The Sword of Wyndhall’ Westford

Notable People:

Eerl Volmark: The Master of Whispers for a decade, Eerl is famous not for his skill at information control, but for the fact that he was the lover of the Queen and both of her sisters, Alienor and Rhaenyra. It is unsurprising that he ended up murdered in his sleep. His son by Queen Tyanna would go on to found House Truedrake of Rayonet.

Richelle Martell: The last Martell to rule Dorne. Richelle rose in rebellion in 536AC. The reasons for her rebellion are lost to time, as are the reasons she thought she could actually succeed at such a feat. After the war, she was forced to become a Silent Sister.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The Suneater is dead!

Seriously, that was a surprise. Kinda a sad one too. With the Martell's losing their place as a Great House, it means only the Starks remain in their position from the time of Aegon I now.

I have no idea how Maega ended up a Fyreblood. Gonna put it down to the glitch that sometimes happens when your husband dies whilst you're pregnant.

Anywho, I'll be doing a Great Houses update when we reach 600AC, along with a Great Dragon's update and a 'Nations of the World' thing too, hopefully.

Thanks for bearing with me!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The end of an era. Given the years of strife that are implied to follow (and may have already technically begun, if the Martell Rebellion is counted), I can see people of later generations latching onto the idea that the death of the Jaehaerian dragons is symbolic of or foreshadowing the declining fortunes of the realm.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Tyanna I's reign is an more interesting reading than the previous Queen Regnant as the interesting bits about Visenya I occured before Visenya seized the Iron Throne. Tyanna is the first Targaryen to militarily subdue Dorne without losing it to endless guerilla warfare afterwards which is something Aegon I and Daeron I could not do although she has Harys Melcolm to thank for talking her out of the poor idea of trying to partition Dorne between its old rivals. Tyanna also took a lover and had a bastard child during a political marriage to a poorly closeted husband, although unlike Rhaenyra the Half-Year Queen, Tyanna was more open about it. Tyanna seems to have named her first three children after the children of Viserys II. She also spend a lot of money but the realm was well off enough to support it. She would probably remembered relatively well.

Alienor Dayne, Sword of the Morning and former Queen-Consort is the first Kingsguard/Queensguard to be openly acknowledged as the parent of a monarch being the mother of Aegon VIII and Tyanna I through being the legitimate queen consort of a previous king which makes her different from Aemon the DragonKnight who supposedly fathered Daeron II if you believe Aegon IV and Jamie Lannister from the official canon who fathered their royal children through secret affairs.

Eerl Volmark apparently liked to live a life of great danger being the Master of Whispers and being in bed with three different Targaryen women (one queen and two princesses). Naturally, the danger eventually caught up with him.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I have no idea how Maega ended up a Fyreblood. Gonna put it down to the glitch that sometimes happens when your husband dies whilst you're pregnant.
That's a thing? That explains why my heir was of the wrong house! Ha ha, I had to find a way to kill a small child so I wouldn't lose the game.

Looking forward to the next...page? Chapter? Update?

• 1Like
Reactions:
That's a thing? That explains why my heir was of the wrong house! Ha ha, I had to find a way to kill a small child so I wouldn't lose the game.

I think it defaults to a normal marriage if your husband dies? I might be mistaken on that one though.

Reactions:
I think it defaults to a normal marriage if your husband dies? I might be mistaken on that one though.
It looks like that's what happened. I didn't realize it was a thing, so I was confused when the kid came out the wrong dynasty and the marriage was listed as non-matrilineal.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Aegon IX Targaryen
Aegon IX Targaryen
Dbuazu9.jpg

Reigned: 551AC - 572AC

Spouses:
Naerys Targaryen and Maega Fyreblood
Children: Baena Targaryen, Tyanna Targaryen, Rhaegar Targaryen, Daeron Targaryen, Orys Targaryen.

Aegon Targaryen, Ninth of His Name, was the Thirty-Second Monarch of the Seven Kingdoms and the rider of the dragon Occulus. He married both of his sisters in a Valyrian ceremony, much like Aegon’s I and VI.

The ninth Aegon was known for his love of tourneys and flying. Whilst he was often overweight, he was known for his masterful skill at the Braavosi art of ‘Water-Dancing’. His wives were known as keen hunters. Aegon himself was a capable administrator, although predictably, he had a poor relationship with the High Septon due to his polyamorous marriage.

In 554AC Danelle Fowler, a girl of seven-and-ten namedays, rose up in rebellion of Dayne rule. Whilst her rebellion would sputter out within half a year, she did manage to cripple the main Dayne army, which allowed her fellow Dornishmen more freedom to act against their new overlords.

In late 567AC, Lord Eldiss Drumm overthrew Lord Paramount Hagon Goodbrother, bringing an end to two hundred and thirty seven years of Goodbrother rule of the Iron Isles. It is suspected that Eldiss rebelled due to the Goodbrother’s conversion to the Faith of the Seven. Less than a decade later, the ‘Drumm Uprising’ would see the deaths of two King’s.

Aegon IX Targaryen died in his sleep in 572AC. He was succeeded by his eldest son, Rhaegar.

Kingsguard at the end of Aegon IX Targaryen’s Reign
Ser Manly Westford, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard
Ser Harys Deddings
Ser Ellery Rightheart
Ser Morton Baratheon
Ser Mychel of the Towers
Ser Androw Vikary
Ser Renly Buckler

.Notable People:
Eldiss Drumm: Known as Eldiss the Cruel, the Drumm patriarch was a zealous follower of the Old Way. He overthrew the ruling House Goodbrother, likely due to their conversion to the Seven.
Barkhaz zo Marlaq: His Imperial Magnificence, Barkhaz zo Marlaq, First of that most Noble Name, Emperor of the Ghiscari Empire and one true Master of Slaver's Bay and the Gulf of Grief was the thirteenth ruler of the Restored Ghiscari Empire. He ended the ‘Shattered Realm’ era, and reunited the Empire after a period of nearly sixty years of civil war.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Here we are, at looong last.

I apologise for the delay. Work and lack of enthusiasm got in the way, I'm afraid. But I have a week off, so hopefully I can get some of the remaining entries out more swiftly.

• 3Like
Reactions:
No worries :) Life has taken quite a few turns for us all lately, so I can totally understand.

Not a lot of excitement for Aegon IX, but given that line about the Drumm Rebellion, perhaps that's for the better.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Did Aegon IX convert to the Valyrian religion for polygamy?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Did Aegon IX convert to the Valyrian religion for polygamy?
Nope!

If you have a certain trait (I think it's 'Arbitrary', but I might be wrong) you have the option of 'taking a polyamorous spouse'. There is probably more to it, you likely need to be High Valyrian, but there was no need to convert.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Rhaegar II Targaryen
Rhaegar II Targaryen
ZeQG2g5.jpg

Reigned: 572AC - 576 AC
Spouses: Tyanna Targaryen
Children: None

Rhaegar Targaryen, Second of His Name, was the Thirty-third Monarch of the Seven Kingdoms and the rider of the Great Dragon Rask. He was the eldest son of Aegon IX Targaryen, and brother to the future Kings Daeron III and Orys I.

In his first two years of rule, Rhaegar II was little more than an arrogant young man distracted by wine and women and tourneys. After all, he was barely eight-and-ten when he took the throne, more content to bully his brothers than ruling a Kingdom.

In 574 AC, House Drumm, Lords Paramount of the Iron Isles, rose up in rebellion. Eldiss Drumm declared himself Iron King, and rapidly started to raid the Reach and the Westerlands.

Rhaegar marched immediately, calling all of his loyal Lords to Casterly Rock where he intended to set out from. It was here that he would die. A night attack, led by Maron Myre, whilst the forces were still assembling. Ten thousand reavers struck late in the evening, sacked and burned Lannisport, and forced the King into a position that meant he could not utilise his dragon in battle.

A stray arrow was all it took to end the reign of the second Rhaegar. It was father’s former squire, Ser Renly Baratheon, that rallied the loyalist forces, and promptly slaughtered the reavers. It is likely this act that would prompt Orys I Targaryen to place him in charge of the 'Isles of the Dragon' after the Drumm Uprising.

His body was taken back to the Capital, and his brother Daeron was proclaimed King.

Barely over a year later, he would be dead.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: