• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Dragons of Westeros, circa 400AC
The Dragons of Westeros, circa 400AC.

When Jaehaerys III Targaryen hatched Sintharia in 332AC, thus bringing the dragons back into the world, he decreed that his line of dragons would ever be named after various Valyrian demons and monsters.

The return of the Dragons also heralded a massive change of the political landscape of Essos, with the rise of the Braavosi Freehold, The Theocracy of Three Cities, the Lysene Freehold and the Empires of Qaath, Ghiscar and, far to the east, a Jogos Nhai warlord, Temur, conquered the Golden Empire of Yi Ti. Mayhaps it was only a matter of time that an 'Age of Empires' would arise, or worse, it was the influence of that most insidious of forces, magic.
Sintharia
‘The Suneater’:
Hatched 332AC.
Riders: Jaehaerys III Targaryen, Aelora Targaryen (Daughter of Jaehaerys III)
Nefarian:
Hatched 353AC.
Riders: Aegon VII Targaryen
Sabellian:
'The Splendid'
Hatched 356AC.
Riders: Naerys Targaryen (Daughter of Jaehaerys III)

Ebyssian:
Hatched 356AC
Riders: Ser Haerys Targaryen (Son of Aelor of Summerhall)
Nalice:
'The Black Queen'
Hatched 374AC.
Riders: Haegon I Targaryen
Onyxia:
Hatched 383AC.
Riders: Ser Matarys Targaryen (Son of Aegon VII)
Fahrad:
Hatched 387AC.
Riders: Larissa Targaryen (Daughter of Aelor of Summerhall)
Atramedes:
Hatched 396AC.
Riders: Daenora Targaryen (Daughter of Haegon I)
Drakkisath:
Hatched 399AC.
Riders: Maera Targaryen (Daughter of Ser Matarys Targaryen)
Nyxondra:
Hatched 399AC.
Riders: Maera Targaryen (Daughter of Aelor of Summerhall)

• 1Love
Reactions:
Aegon VII Targaryen
Aegon VII Targaryen

RwZpYmK.jpg

Reigned: 389 AC - 401AC

Spouses: Elaena Targaryen
Children: Haegon Targaryen, Matarys Targaryen, Vaera Targaryen.

Aegon Targaryen, Seventh of His Name, known as ‘The Jealous Dragon’ and, less commonly ‘The Maester King’, was the Twenty-Second Monarch of the Seven Kingdoms, the Second Ruler of the ‘Long Peace’ period, and the first rider of the dragon Nefarian.

It is hard to imagine the pressure that must have been upon the shoulders of the Seventh Aegon. As the son of one of the greatest Kings in the Iron Throne’s history, there was likely little Aegon could do to compare to his father.

Certainly, if the records are correct, Aegon was bookish and a middling swordsman at best, flew atop his dragon rarely, and was often loathe to leave the Red Keep during his reign. However, he improved relations with the Free Cities and the then recently arisen Braavosi Freehold. His son even married a Lysene Noblewoman, Gyellei Ormollen.

Aegon VII Targaryen was apparently a remarkably intelligent man. He started to reform the legal system of his Kingdom, focusing on inheritance rights and the tax code, even writing some of the laws himself. His small council was made up entirely of Maesters, save for his Master of War and Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, Ser Eddard Whitehill. This ‘Chained Council’ led the realm in twelve years of peace and prosperity, and many maester’s like to claim that the ‘Long Peace’ lasted so long thanks to the foundation they set down. Whilst this is like to be merely pride, it is true that the Great Houses of Westeros prospered under Aegon, and even when they intermarried like in Aerys II Targaryen’s day, they remained loyal to the Crown.

He expanded the royal library, and spent most of his free time there. Books from as far afield as Yi Ti are said to have been amongst his collection then, although whether or not the King had the ability to read that foreign writing system is not known.

Aegon reportedly did not get along with his family, so much so that for decades after his reign it was rumoured that he murdered his brother, the Prince of Summerhall, Aelor. As for his bastard brother, Aegon reported commented on a number of occasions that the boy “Would have served better as food for the crabs”, but nonetheless agreed to grant Aurion Fyreblood the seat of Summerhall, if only to remove him from the Red Keep and the Crownlands. He is also believed to have disliked having other children interact with his son and heir in his younger years, which is almost certainly why Haegon I Targaryen went down in history as Haegon the Harsh.

Despite his general disagreeableness with almost everyone else, his love for his sister-wife Elaena is quite well known and even the stuff of songs. When she died in 395AC, Aegon went almost mad with grief, forcing his son, Haegon, to step in as regent. Aegon’s life during the regency is not well known, but most reports state that he lingered in his chambers, and that when he was seen in public for formal events, he was gaunt, and near skeletally thin, his hair left uncut and he was often dosed with Milk-Of-The-Poppy. Many claimed that he was already mostly dead, but those that did often met with a sudden lack of a tongue, courtesy of Ser Eddard Whitehill.

The King finally died in 401AC, apparently overdosing on sweetsleep. Whether or not this was intentional on his part, an accident, or something more sinister was never established. He was 60.

Kingsguard of the end of Reign

Ser Eddard Whitehill, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard
Ser Galwell Jordayne
Ser Ryam Footly
Ser Emerick of Flea Bottom
Ser Robb ‘Redback’ Marbrand
Ser Edmund Yronwood
Ser Cadan of Sourton

Notable People:

Maester Byam: Originally a Manderly of White Harbour, Maester Byam served on the ‘Chained Council’ as the Master of Whispers. Many a man fell prey to the deceptive nature of the jovial, overweight man.

Temur:A Warlord of the Jogos Nhai. Temur united his people and invaded the Golden Empire of Yi Ti. He conquered them, deposing the Azure Emperors and installing his own line of Temurid ‘Lavender’ Emperors in their place.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
A complex man, this Aegon. He seems to have been intelligent and capable enough, though certainly living in his father's shadows must have skewed the comparisons a little. I get the overall impression of a man who is more comfortable around books than around people, which I can somewhat sympathize with.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I love this AAR. I eagerly anticipate the next installment and look forward to seeing how the Targaryens fair going forward. Very interested in how this 2nd dance of dragons comes about.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Haegon I Targaryen
Haegon I Targaryen
6Pdj9Ko.jpg

Reigned: 401 AC - 412AC
Spouses: Gyellei Ormollen
Children: Daenora Targaryen, Valarr Targaryen, Vaena Targaryen, Maegor Targaryen

Haegon Targaryen, First of His Name, known as ‘Haegon the Harsh’, was the Twenty-Third Monarch of the Seven Kingdoms, the Third Ruler of the ‘Long Peace’ period, and the first rider of the dragon Nalice, The Black Queen. Whilst he reigned for one-and-ten years, he ruled for seven-and-ten due to serving as Prince Regent of the Realm.

Like his father before him, Haegon’s reign saw many legal reforms across the land. However, his reforms were often seen as overly extreme, hence his common epithet of ‘The Harsh’. He dismissed the ‘Chained Council’, preferring a council of loyal Clawmen led by Lord Bartimos Lothston. The King was known to have been incredibly frugal in his day-to-day activities. He preferred water to wine, and rarely held feasts. He wore practical clothing, and the only piece of ostentation he allowed himself was his crown, that of Aegon IV Targaryen. He went as far as to rally against overindulgence amongst his lords, much to the then High Septon’s pleasure.

Unlike his father however, Haegon I Targaryen was often given to poor health. This was not helped by the fact that he often had to travel across the Kingdom in place of his father and rarely had time to rest and recover during his time as Prince of Dragonstone and Prince Regent. Despite this, he went on a number of progresses during his Regency and reign both, constantly on the move. During his reign, two important families, Houses Whent and Grafton went extinct. Whilst the former is often put down to the so-called ‘Curse of Harrenhal’, the latter was due to the exiled House Rykker’s conquest of the Stepstones and subsequent slaughter of the forces of Gerold Grafton, the Pirate Lord of Sunstone and last of his once royal line. What had begun with a Gerold Grafton nearly two millennia prior, ended with a Gerold Grafton on the Stepstones.

Haegon I Targaryen died in 412AC, at the age of One-and-Fifty. He was succeeded by his son, Valarr the Valiant. An era of unease and distrust was at an end. A new era of chivalry and virtue was about to begin.

His dragon, Nalice would be seen flying over Blackwater Bay so often that the Smallfolk took to calling her The Black Queen. It is said that during her ‘reign’ over the bay, pirates became a distant memory. Alas, the magnificent beast would meet her end during the final battle of the Second Dance of Dragons.

Ser Robb ‘Redback’ Marbrand, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard
Ser Emerick of Flea Bottom
Ser Pate Sunderland
Ser Galwell Jordayne
Ser Halder Cressey
Ser Balerion Velaryon
Ser Rufo Hoat

Notable People
Rufo Hoat: A Qohorik adventurer that returned with Haegon I Targaryen on his return journey from his marriage in Lys. He served as Commander of the Household Guard for three years, before joining the Kingsguard. He would eventually serve as Lord Commander.

Cormond Strongblood: A native of Andalos. Cormond led a rebellion against the mighty Braavosi Freehold, and upon his victory, declared himself High King of the Andals. Whilst this claim was ignored by the Targaryen’s, it would later allow Visenya I Targaryen to marry the deposed Cormond III Strongblood.

Adrian Slynt: The Lord of Crown Keep and first Slynt Lord of Duskendale. After House Rykker’s attempted betrayal during the War for the Dorne, the Slynt’s remained vigilant against further treasons. After an attempt to seize Crown Keep for themselves, the Rykker’s were driven from Westeros by Lord Adrian’s tactical skill. Haegon named him Lord of Duskendale, and his brother Ser Daemon Slynt as Hand of the King.

Jorah Rykker: The Lord of Duskendale and last Rykker to hold lands in Westeros. His son, Manfred seized Bloodstone and began a conquest of the Stepstones.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
A bit of a non-entity on the throne here. At least his subjects can be comforted by the fact that he wasn't a power-mad tyrant, and on the whole the realm seems fairly stable...

Cormond Strongblood: A native of Andalos. Cormond led a rebellion against the mighty Braavosi Freehold, and upon his victory, declared himself High King of the Andals. Whilst this claim was ignored by the Targaryen’s, it would later allow Visenya I Targaryen to marry the deposed Cormond III Strongblood.

Sounds like this guy's life would be worth a book in itself!

• 2Like
Reactions:
A bit of a non-entity on the throne here. At least his subjects can be comforted by the fact that he wasn't a power-mad tyrant, and on the whole the realm seems fairly stable...

Sounds like this guy's life would be worth a book in itself!

To be honest, the Strongblood's were simply supposed to be a dumping ground for any loose bloodlines that came my way, and had been since I played Rhaegar. But then Cormond pulled the 'Adventurer' card and things just went mad after that.

As for Haegon, it is exceedingly difficult to write of a ruler who's rule can be summed up as 'He was ill a lot, but things were peaceful'.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Valarr I Targaryen
Valarr I Targaryen
tNyq217.jpg

Reigned: 412 AC - 445AC

Spouses: Daenerys Fyreblood, Vaena Targaryen

Children: Rhaella Targaryen, Calla Targaryen, Syaella Targaryen, Helaena Targaryen, Maegor Targaryen, Baena Targaryen, Daella Waters

Valarr Targaryen, First of His Name, known as ‘Valarr the Valiant’ and ‘Valarr the Vain’, was the Twenty-Fourth Monarch of the Seven Kingdoms, the Fourth Ruler of the ‘Long Peace’ period, and the first rider of the dragon Wrathion.

Valarr’s reign was, unlike that of his father, a time of festivity and knightly valor. The coffers were full, great illnesses non-existent. What’s more, a number of storied families were saved from near extinction thanks to Valarr’s assistance.

He was married twice, first to Daenerys Fyreblood, then to Vaena Targaryen after Queen Daenerys’ death in 419AC. His first marriage had produced only daughters (Queen Daenerys did actually birth a son, Rhaegar, who was sadly stillborn), and his second marriage, until 423AC, seemed to be headed the same way. So Valarr started to take lovers in the hopes of producing a son. In all, he took four women as mistresses: Sallei Martin (Later Lady of High Heart in her own right), Jaenyssa of Tyrosh (Later Lady of Moonsgrey), Gael of Knight’s Hall (who vanished from the history books) and Mylenda Longwaters (Later Lady of Summerhall). However, the number of unacknowledged bastards Valarr sired is unknown, but it is estimated to be upwards of thirty.

Despite this continued dishonoring of his wife, his knightly skill was unparalleled at the time. Such was his skill, the notoriously ‘Rhaegarist’ Connington’s conceded that his skill was on par with their still beloved former ruler (It has been suggested that it is due to this, and insistence that Rhaegar I Targaryen be the model ruler, the Connington’s would go on to support Daemon I Targaryen during the Second Dance. A choice that would cost them the Stormlands).
The smallfolk loved him, due to his ‘roaming tourney grounds’, possibly the most costly tourney event in the history of the Iron Throne. For seven years, Valarr I Targaryen traveled around to various castles around Westeros, hosting tourney after tourney after tourney, and being incredibly generous with the prizes. Thanks to the efforts of Master of Coin, Lucifer Rosby, the Royal Coffers were not completely depleted.

Two moons prior to his death, Valarr’s son, Maegor announced that his wife had given birth to twin sons, Aenys and Daemon. The future actions and marriages of these two brothers would sadly make the Second Dance of Dragons almost inevitable. It is said that his decline increased when he heard the news, so rapidly that all Grand Maester Tymond could do was make his passing comfortable and painless. But nonetheless, all accounts of Valarr I Targaryen’s final days state the same simple fact, he was utterly content, and at peace.

It was during Valarr I’s reign that the dragon Sintharia was first referred to by her epithet of ‘The Suneater’.

Notable People:

Lao Cho: A general of the Lavender Emperor Abo Temurid. Lao Cho was tasked with taking an army and conquering as far west as he could before he was stopped..but General Lao wasn’t stopped at all. In a Campaign lasting a decade and a half, he took control over the Dothraki Sea, burned down Vaes Dothrak almost completely, conquered Ibben and even led an attempted invasion of the Second Ghiscari Empire before his Emperor recalled him. In his final years, he spent his days fighting rebellions in Asshai, before falling prey to court politics and dying, poisoned, in his bed at the age of three-and-seventy. He is considered one of the greatest military minds in history. Tellingly, it was only after his death that the Temurid Empire began to crumble.

Emperor Maezon II: His Imperial Magnificence, Maezon zo Marlaq, Second of that most Noble Name, Emperor of the Ghiscari Empire and one true Master of Slaver's Bay and the Gulf of Grief, was the third ruler of the Second (or Restored) Ghiscari Empire. During his reign, he rebuilt its once great capital city and namesake, Old Ghis, which he took for his capital. He warred with the Temurid Empire, and even held the line against Lao Cho (mentioned above). Later in life, he would claim former Temurid lands as their Empire collapsed

Ser Wex Goodbrother, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard
Ser Aubrey Costayne
Ser Brus of Mudford
Ser Devin Santagar
Ser Gyles Yew
Ser Clarence Wode
Ser Petyr Hill

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Valarr is certainly going to be a standout in any history of the period. I can easily see him as the hero of any number of folk tales and songs of chivalry and derring-do from (or otherwise set in) his reign, as well as a popular subject of debate between later historians over whether he was a classical good king or a ruler who helped bring about the Second Dance by spending so much time and attention on his tourneys rather than ruling the realm.

Also: Lao Cho sounds awesome. He probably has a whole treasure room of legendary artifacts associated with him, too, real or fictional, simply because he's so famous and his name is honestly so fun to say. ("Behold: The Mighty Oaken-Shafted War Lance of Lao Cho! The Illustrious Seven-Hand-Span Cloth-of-Gold War Ensign of Lao Cho! The Radiant Jewel-Encrusted Peacock-Plumed Helmet of Lao Cho! The Monogrammed Slightly-Used Lavatory Washpot of Lao Cho!" etc., etc. :D )

• 3Like
Reactions:
Nice AAR.
Thoughts on the kings of this alternate timeline.
Rhaegar I. Rhaegar turned out to be a prophecy obsessed madman although he was nowhere near Aerys II. Rhaegar got the Targaryen looking second daughter he wanted out of his relationship with Lyanna Stark and eventually his "promised prince" but at the cost of this reputation and the love of his family. Rhaegar was not too terrible of a king once the rebellions were crushed but it seemed that it was Lord Tywin Lannister and Rhaegar's Queen-consorts that did most of the ruling.
Aegon VI. Not the "Prince that was promised" after all but he did lay the foundations. He deposed his crazed father and returned order to the land. He brought back the sword Blackfyre and the dragon egg. Had a surprising okay relationship with his stepmother Lyanna Stark.
Maegor II. His mother Visenya Targaryen named her son Maegor to the outrage of her father in hopes that her child could restore honor to the name of Maegor. Maegor II was successful in fulfilling his mother's wish. His actions limited the death toll of the Great Summer Sickness. Although he died unpopular in his own time, he was eventually recognized as a good king who did the necessary thing. Maegor is no longer just a curse word but an acceptable name for royal princes and presumably all the later Maegor Targaryens are named after him and not the original.
Jaehaerys III. The "prince that was promised." Was everything that Rhaegar hoped his prince would be. He resurrected the dragons and destroyed the White Walkers with his dragon and the sword Blackfyre. He also establish a long lasting golden age peace similar to the original King Jaehaerys. A very successful king.
Aegon VII. Basically Aerys I come again but with a happy production marriage. The bookish son and follow up of a successful king with a taste for books over human company. He was another overshadowed but he was productive in work and having children which makes him better than Aerys I.
Haegon I. Another slightly eccentric short-lived Targaryen king in the history of Westeros. Haegon I's frugal teetotalism and harsh legalism brought color to a reign of a sickly king what would otherwise be a mere footnote in the history of the Iron Throne. Unlike Daeron I or Baelor, at least Haegon was a reasonably capable administer.
Valarr I. Basically Daeron I the Young Dragon but with endless pointless tourneys instead of endless pointless war with glory or an exaggerated version of Rhaegar when he was the crown prince. Like Daeron I, Valarr I was very popular with the common people in his time but future in-universe maesters and historians would probably regard him as a poor king who wasted the Iron Throne's resources. His father provided Valarr with full coffers but he spent most of the treasury on tourneys instead of more useful things or saving it. Is suspected to have fathered more bastards than the canon Robert Baratheon.

Side characters.
Joffrey Redclaw. Contrary to what the in-universe maesters think, knowing Jamie and Cersei, he probably was a product of incest. This Joffrey was never king and was deposed and then executed by Tyrion Lannister when the canon Tyrion never did to the canon Joffrey despite their awful relationship. This Joffrey had children and established a new house which makes him more successful than the canon Joffrey ever was despite his arguably worse fate.
Robb Stark. His father Ned died a lot earlier than the canon and the effects were not good on the young lord. He apparently became a debauched lord without his father's influence.
Robert Baratheon. His rebellion failed in this timeline and the deaths of Jon Arryn and Ned Stark cut all his ties to civilized Westeros. He became King beyond the Wall which he would probably enjoy more than being King on the Iron Throne. Wonder how he felt being driven back out across the Wall by his former finance and her nephew his best friend's son.
Maester Byam. The Lamprey lord would be proud.
Temur. A letter off from Timur from real life namewise but he is more like Kublai Khan. A nomadic warlord that conquered the setting's resident China counterpart and established a new imperial dynasty. Reminder of that politics and changes exist outside Westeros as well in the setting.
The Strongbloods. Seized control of the ancestral homeland of the Andals and also claimed to be the Kings of the Andals which implicitly challenged the Targaryen monarchs of the Iron Throne who have King of the Andals as part of their titles. Might be useful to one side of the Second Dance of Dragons in the future.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I concur with the post about Lao Cho. Dude must have been either the Sun Zhu or Zhuge Liang of Planetos. Shame he died not in battle but in a dishonorable fashion.

So we are nearing yet another dance of the Dragons eh? I'm curious as to what happens in the Stormlands if that foreshadowing of the Conningtons losing them is accurate.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Lao Cho sounds awesome. He probably has a whole treasure room of legendary artifacts associated with him, too, real or fictional, simply because he's so famous and his name is honestly so fun to say. ("Behold: The Mighty Oaken-Shafted War Lance of Lao Cho! The Illustrious Seven-Hand-Span Cloth-of-Gold War Ensign of Lao Cho! The Radiant Jewel-Encrusted Peacock-Plumed Helmet of Lao Cho! The Monogrammed Slightly-Used Lavatory Washpot of Lao Cho!" etc., etc. :D )

I concur with the post about Lao Cho. Dude must have been either the Sun Zhu or Zhuge Liang of Planetos. Shame he died not in battle but in a dishonorable fashion.

So we are nearing yet another dance of the Dragons eh? I'm curious as to what happens in the Stormlands if that foreshadowing of the Conningtons losing them is accurate.

Oh god yes. Lao Cho is one of the most incredible NPCs I've ever seen in CK2 (Right up there with a 109 year old Viking Emperor of India, an incest born Wildling Stark, the the Jewish King of Venice that beat back the Holy Roman and Byzantine Empires)

I'm almost tempted to edit in a bloodline for him.

As for the Connington's...let's just say that executing the head of the cadet branch of the Royal Family for not going along with backing Daemon is unlikely to go down well. At all.

Reactions:
Oh god yes. Lao Cho is one of the most incredible NPCs I've ever seen in CK2 (Right up there with a 109 year old Viking Emperor of India, an incest born Wildling Stark, the the Jewish King of Venice that beat back the Holy Roman and Byzantine Empires)

I'd say it might be worthwhile! And my, those are quite the epic NPCs to have come across. Definitely love seeing such characters, as they spark a desire in me to include them in AARs. Anyhow, excellent read so far, and I look forward to seeing how this second Dance unfolds!

• 1Like
Reactions:

I'd say it might be worthwhile! And my, those are quite the epic NPCs to have come across. Definitely love seeing such characters, as they spark a desire in me to include them in AARs. Anyhow, excellent read so far, and I look forward to seeing how this second Dance unfolds!

Seconding! If that man has any descendants at all, they'll probably be seen as nigh unto demigods simply from their lineage.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:

Whilst its not something I'd ever do in an AAR game, the maddest thing I've ever done in game is somehow ending up as Hindu Russian Emperor of Britannia whilst having an African Ethnicity. I should mention, I didn't have any lands in Britannia. Instead, I ruled Iceland.

Reactions:
This is extremely well presented. Will be following :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Maegor III Targaryen
Maegor III Targaryen
eoDXQv7.jpg

Reigned: 445 AC - 470 AC
Spouses: Helaena Targaryen
Children: Aenys and Daemon Targaryen, Viserra Targaryen, Jacaerys Targaryen, Gaemon Targaryen, Saera Targaryen, Aegon Waters

Maegor Targaryen, Third of His Name, was the Twenty-Fifth Monarch of the Seven Kingdoms, the Fifth Ruler of the ‘Long Peace’ period, and the first rider of the dragon Sartharion.

Maegor is known to have been a keen hunter, and one of his private hobbies was in fact the breeding of hunting hounds. His favourite hound, Cloud, is said to have stood by the Iron Throne whilst his master sat upon it so often that he was nicknamed ‘The Eighth Kingsguard’ by the smallfolk.

But aside from his hobby, the third Maegor was utterly unremarkable. True, he held tourneys and feasts, attended weddings and funerals, sat in council meetings and sermons, but taken as a whole, his reign was peaceful enough that it provided no real way for him to prove himself great.

Outside his Kingdom however, there was great change. The Freehold of Braavos, aside from within the original Braavosi territory proper, collapsed. The Lysene Freehold under Archon Collio Rogare swallowed up the territories that were lost, and even began encroaching into Andalos.

He arranged for his twin sons to take wives from two long-feuding families. Aenys took Jeyne Bracken as his wife, and Daemon would take Jeyne Blackwood for his own. The relationship between the brothers, and their wives, would be one of the last in the series of events that led to the Second Dance. In trying to stop the age old feud, Maegor III sadly made the horrors to come all but unstoppable.

It was late in his reign that, after the death of a distant cousin of his, that a dragon, Seldarria, went mad in her grief (something that would occur a number of times in the Jaehaerian Dragons), and terrorized the Vale for a number of years. A sellsword, Ser Denys would slay her via a method of poisoning meat and weapons. Maegor would grant him the Lordship of Harrenhal, and thus was born House Belmont.

House Tyrell, once Lord Paramount’s of the Reach, went extinct during Maegor III Targaryen’s reign.

Maegor III Targaryen died in 470 AC at the age of six-and-forty. It is believed it was due to a poorly treated wound that he received whilst hunting. He was succeeded by the eldest of his twin sons, Aenys.

Ser Matthos of the Kingswood, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard
Ser Maynard Brax
Ser Mern of Old Oak
Ser Jasper Mertyns
Ser Lymond Roxton
Ser Stannis Buckler
Ser Ormond Mallister

Notable People:
Ser Karyl Vance: Master-of-arms at the Red Keep for nigh on four-and-forty years, and tutor to many, many famous knights and even King Maegor III. Ser Karyl joined the Kingsguard of Maegor III on his deathbed as a last request and reward for a lifetime of loyalty, before dying peacefully a few days later.

Ser Matthos of the Kingswood: Once, Matthos was a simple, humble gamekeeper that managed the hunting grounds in the Kingswood. He befriended King Maegor III Targaryen in their youths, and would eventually join his friend’s Kingsguard.

Ser Denys Belmont: A sellsword of mixed Valyrian and Andal descent, Ser Denys rose to prominence when he slew Seldarria the Crazed, a she-dragon that broke free after the death of her rider and terrorized the Vale. As a reward, Maegor III Targaryen granted the seat of Harrenhal to Denys and his family, allowing the new Lord to form House Belmont.

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions: