• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cyber Killer

Private
18 Badges
May 25, 2019
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
  • Leviathan: Warships
Since yesterday I'm a happy owner of Planetfall on XBox One, looking around the game menus I only could see online mutliplayer, while there are mentions on the internet about the game having Hot Seat and asynchronous multiplayer modes.

How can I access those?

Hey Cyber, you can start a Hot Seat game from the advanced settings when creating a planet. Just set a second player to Human and it will automatically become a Hot Seat game. In the same vain you can start a Asynchronous Multiplayer game by setting the Turn Mode to Classic, this lets all players in the game take their turn after another instead of simultaneously.

Thank you, I found the hotseat option.

As for asynchronous, I mean a kind of game mode where each player doesn't need to be connected at the same time. Instead everyone makes their turn, the game state is kept on the server, the player can turn off their game, and another one gets some notification, runs the game, makes their turn when they have the time for it (e.g. a few days later), etc... Like Play By E-Mail, but without manually sending save files around. I think AoW3 had a system like this.

Last edited:
Alright, if that's the way the game multiplayer works, then great. Thank you.

Though I think the game could communicate the existence of these play modes better. Without your help I wouldn't have found them.