• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious that they blew up the fiber connection ^^ Thank you for great and quick support

Thanks for all the effort Paradox! Much respect and appreciation for the comprehensive patch and hotfix. Even despite internet down and explosion? (hope all is well there!) :(

Don't worry. :) They are blasting tunnels in northern Stockholm, not very near where we are, and that work caused a fire in a cable tunnel that apparantly housed our fibre as well.

Hmm ... border friction seems still severe. I recommend setting "min= -100" in the border_friction variable in 00_opinion_modifiers.txt like this:

border_friction = {
opinion = -5
min = -100
}

Relations penalty due to border friction can now not exceed -100 (which is much more reasonable than the "official" -200).

"Border friction is now entierly dependant on how much basetax you border them with"

In other words we still can't ever be friendly with neighbouring countries? or is this only counting the base tax of the actual provinces that border the country?

Hmm ... border friction seems still severe. I recommend setting "min= -100" in the border_friction variable in 00_opinion_modifiers.txt like this:

border_friction = {
opinion = -5
min = -100
}

Relations penalty due to border friction can now not exceed -100 (which is much more reasonable than the "official" -200).

Yeah i just checked in my game, a.i spain has 4 Provinces that border France (they have never been to war) and Spain's border friction is -132(France's is much lower at -72)... As Naples i have 1 province that borders Venice and it's -26... for one province it seems a bit harsh, can't we just get along. :(

Yeah i just checked in my game, a.i spain has 4 Provinces that border France (they have never been to war) and Spain's border friction is -132(France's is much lower at -72)... As Naples i have 1 province that borders Venice and it's -26... for one province it seems a bit harsh, can't we just get along. :(

Is there a way to mod the global border friction per base tax variable?

The new border friction modifier needs to be turned down a lot. Did you Paradoxians really test this one? Very unbalanced.

Also i'm wondering about the fact that i attacked Byz as Venice to grab my claims on Morea, however since they were already in a war with Ottomans (which proceed to fully annex them), i suddenly was in a war with them instead. Working as intended?

With the fix to vassal wars how are ironman games broken by this previously going to work now when they are reloaded?

I meant based on country vs country, total income etc. I have no idea how it works which is why i asked. Anyway, this change has made it worse in my opinion. I have one province next to Bosnia, had decent friendly relations, since the change, my opinion of them has declined greatly and border friction is already at -30, i have 1 province that borders them. We have a friendly attitude (green heart) surely border friction shouldn't count or be nerfed with friendly countries? It's only a matter of months now before Bosnia starts hating me.

I think I figured out a border friction fix! However, very little testing went into this.

I started a fresh 1.2.1 game. Selected Hungary. Looked at Austria's relations without unpausing the game. I had -90 border friction.

I then exited the game, went into 00_opinion_modifiers.txt and changed the border_friction opinion variable from -5 to -2. I then started another fresh 1.2.1 game. Selected Hungary. Looked at Austria's relations without unpausing the game. I now have -32 border friction!

To me, -2 makes more sense. Perhaps it should be -1 even. I'm not going to give a recommended number though because I don't have time to play the game right now to test it out. Maybe someone else can? Pretty easy fix though.

EDIT: I will probably use the min: -100 setting as well, as recommended earlier in the thread.

I think I figured out a border friction fix! However, very little testing went into this.

I started a fresh 1.2.1 game. Selected Hungary. Looked at Austria's relations without unpausing the game. I had -90 border friction.

I then exited the game, went into 00_opinion_modifiers.txt and changed the border_friction opinion variable from -5 to -2. I then started another fresh 1.2.1 game. Selected Hungary. Looked at Austria's relations without unpausing the game. I now have -32 border friction!

To me, -2 makes more sense. Perhaps it should be -1 even. I'm not going to give a recommended number though because I don't have time to play the game right now to test it out. Maybe someone else can? Pretty easy fix though.

EDIT: I will probably use the min: -100 setting as well, as recommended earlier in the thread.

Seems very easy to change then, which is good. However i always prefer to play unmodded, but if this is the border friction we are stuck with then i may have to change it my self. It's just too harsh right now. I shouldn't have to conquer or bully every neighbouring country just because we share a border. Rivals and such i fully understand, But if a country has a friendly attitude towards me this border friction shouldn't be causing us to hate each other IMO.

I lol'd

As to OP: thanks, Paradox! Glad to see the side-swapping vassalization bug is being addressed. Really made it tough to have stronger allies help you vassalize someone.

(I actually had a war the other day where, as Najd, I had my Mameluke allies help me vassalize Hedjaz. But when I ended the war against Hedjaz, we were instantly at war with Mamelukes. And I ended up losing not just my Hedjaz vassal, but I had to give up a province too! Ugh.)

I wanted to take a moment today to thank Paradox for its continued dedication to ensuring that patches are released in a thorough and timely fashion. When I choose the games I buy, this is why Paradox's games are given first priority: The developers demonstrably care about the satisfaction, and intelligence, of the player.

Hmm ... seems like every update utterly disables my DLCs - even if the boxes are ticked in the launch panel.

Edit: It seems they can only be reactivated by lauchnching the game from steam, which shouldn't be IMHO.

Did you do nerf Mali's income? I started a new game right after the hotfix as Portugal and either they are slow to get started or I'm faster than usual. the one time I actually wanted to loot them just like everyone else alsways does :(

Did you do nerf Mali's income? I started a new game right after the hotfix as Portugal and either they are slow to get started or I'm faster than usual. the one time I actually wanted to loot them just like everyone else alsways does :(
The slowtech country AI's got taught to spend their money (more use of advisers and armies) rather than stockpiling it in gold warehouses ready for the human player to loot after knocking over some minimal forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.