• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. Feel like I'm missing out on something because I've never had an issue tackling AE since the game launched, yet there's always been a vocal minority complaining that the game is unplayable after every new patch mainly due to AE issues.

You fanboys are the "vocal minority" so enjoy the hotfix, butt kisser. (you just got pwned).

IF it is 20% of what it was, this is good. Means stacks that were 3x my force limit will now be 0.6 of my forcelimit, much much more better!

Now for Aggressive Expansion fix, and I will be happy :D

no..

Rebels are never 3x your forcelimit unless you have done something seriously wrong.

A rebelfaction is softcapped at your maximum manpower. (in theory you can get +fortlevel in size each uprising as well, but thats a minor nuisance)

Excellent. Hopefully the AE gets some balancing attention, too, since, as has been pointed out numerous times, it's too high with too wide spread geographically.

... And 39.7 AE for vassalizing Switzerland (assuming that Switzerland is its starting size) is unreasonable why?

Its not, its actually too low for the immediate vicinity.

I really would have liked seeing the Revolt Risk being removed from Overextension. The new nationalism effect would then only spawn rebels in newly conquered territory, making it feel less like whack-a-mole and more like a local rebellion against your country. I would also liked to have seen the nationalist rebels to have the tech group/level as the country that the province used to belong to.

no..

Rebels are never 3x your forcelimit unless you have done something seriously wrong.

A rebelfaction is softcapped at your maximum manpower. (in theory you can get +fortlevel in size each uprising as well, but thats a minor nuisance)

combined rebels which spawned in 1 province (5x rebel spawns in the space of 6 months) totalled 3x my force limit.

Well, maybe you don´t have the ambition to fe win the HYW, but others maybe have. But with the 1.6 AE generation you are going to be overrun by the rest of europe after winning, so that´s not an option anymore. That´s why people complain.

Well I haven't tried the HYW in 1.6 but I have won it plenty of times before when people where complaining about super-coalitions. I'll give it a shot later today though and see if my experience is any different.

You fanboys are the "vocal minority" so enjoy the hotfix, butt kisser. (you just got pwned).

Yes, clearly.

So how should I understand that, reading it litterally it says that revoltrisk increase on revolt size is cut down to a fifth of the former value - which is a massive reduction, and makes me wonder if you mean that you have cut it by a fifth, so it is instead 4/5 of the former value?

I would be OK with the first, since in the current version RR has almost the same impact as basetax! (So 20 rr in a 1-tax province will spawn about as much as 1 rr in a 16-tax province)

High RR already increases the frequency of revolts, no need to make them far larger also >_<

Can we get an official "position" on AE? Like when or if it will reduced and in what ways?

Johan stated (afaik even in this thread), that "AE for PU's and vassals is too high and will be changed in a future patch next week". No word regarding the otherwise still overly high AE was given.

no..

I had a 13-stack of rebels spawn in a 0% RR province (negative global RR and no local RR at all from any source, not a single red modifier) when I had a force limit of 7. Max manpower might've been around 13k, but at the time I wasn't near that cap. How are FL and MP related, aside from their common foundation in base tax? Manpower is always a LOT higher than force limit, so it's very possible to get overwhelmed if the former concept is being used as a basis.

if this hotfix goes through would it apply those changes to my current mewar game or will that game still have the old files(not that it phases me much, while india has been a cluster the timurids have held up fine.)

Seems like good changes! I was blowing a ton of a military points on newly conquered provinces. I was conquering one province at a time and was even then facing rebel stacks equal or slightly larger than my entire force (and bigger than the original nation's army they were once part of!). Currently, my manpower has run completely dry even after 15 years of peace (which isn't being aided by protestant uprisings starting too now).

But I wouldn't mind these huge rebellions if they also had manpower issues. They could use a 'regional rebel manpower pool' that can be calculated from every nearby province in a certain radius that supports the same cause. It's just weird how a tiny minority of my country have this infinite manpower base (even outdoing their former parent nation they were once part of). I've been stuck at 300 manpower for 15 years and rebels just magic 20k stacks left and right. It shouldn't just be me running of out steam, but the rebels too... and therefore start spawning less threatening stacks as time drags on.

It's also funny to think that these provinces apparently had so much power but weren't willing to do anything during the actual war. "The King isn't paying us to form regiments and is losing the war? Well, I certainly won't help him!". Then they finally get annexed: "WHAT? We got annexed? OUTRAGEOUS! Raise our secret 20k army!".

Vassalizing Switzerland and then dealing with a coalition of several nations both big and small for over half a century probably isn't, though.

It still is. No one in real life would allow you to take over Switzerland and get away with it xD. But yes, perhaps half a century is too much wating.

I think rebel and ae reductions are in the right direction. But hopefully the reductions aren't too much. It's difficult to find that perfect balance. Perhaps impossible considering everyone wants a different difficulty.

That's why it should, perhaps, be attatched to difficulty. That could make a solution.

I think rebel and ae reductions are in the right direction. But hopefully the reductions aren't too much. It's difficult to find that perfect balance. Perhaps impossible considering everyone wants a different difficulty.
That's why we have difficulty setting.
Normal should be balanced for casual players, easy and very easy for new players, and hard and very hard for Paradox devs and those who need additional challenge.

Yeah, today you are definitely right. Look about the crimea- mess at the moment. There´s a lot of AE generated through russia.
But that is not the point. In those days borders changed more often and way faster than today and not everyone cared for that. Castille was interested in what aragon and portugal were doing and maybe france and italy, but certainly not what denmark, nowgorod and muscovy did far in the north...

Status
Not open for further replies.