Hotfix 1.8.1 "Fork" Live - Checksum aa59 (Not for problem reports)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This new launcher is terrible. With the old launcher it was very easy to scroll from news to mods cause the tabs weren't moving. Now they bounce from top to bottom. The old launcher looked like something someone took time in sculpting. This new launcher looks like every other ftp or generic launcher. I also can't see all my mods. It say's 0/6 but when looking at the mods tab I only see 5. I have to click manage mods to see the rest. With the old launcher I clicked the mods tab and there they all were. Very disappointed.

When will the windows store version be updated to 1.8.1

Attachments

• when.png
    when.png
    188 KB · Views: 42
The new launcher works fine, try reading and following the instructions at the start of this post.
I have 12 of my own (local) mods and over 50 Steam mods, and they all work fine with the new launcher.

Reading and comprehension are acquired skills, try them sometime.

The new launcher works fine, try reading and following the instructions at the start of this post.
I have 12 of my own (local) mods and over 50 Steam mods, and they all work fine with the new launcher.

Reading and comprehension are acquired skills, try them sometime.

The launcher doesn't works fine for EVERYONE, so stop being mean only because it works for you.

Thanks

I am a modder and I followed the instructions in the first post when trying to update my mods. I could only get my mods to work and upload with some help of other modders on the forum who were trying things out themselves. After the second update (1.8.1), mods just won't appear as up-to-date anymore no matter what I do. The instructions are garbage and so is the new launcher.

Joe, I subscribed to the three mods in your signature, they all show as 1.8.1 ready (no yellow or red icons) and seem to work fine.
If your on Windows, try going to C:\Users\***\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV folder and delete the file "mods_registry.json" and start the launcher.
That file is where the launcher keeps track of mods and gets rebuilt if/when it is not there.
This should allow the launcher to synch up Steam and local mods lists.
If you have your mods both local and Steam, get rid of one or the other, having both seems to confuse things.