• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I cant activate the iron man mode anymore since this patch

redownloaded the game - the same

edit: problem solved by deinstalling the game per steam (dont delete the files manually)

Last edited:
At least you can work around it by using the console. Better than a bug you can't do anything about at all I guess.
This one is actually somewhat difficult to workaround with the console. Even if you use the "yesman" command, the button will remain greyed-out. So you have to tag switch, but then you run into other bugs like losing colonies without colonists.

This one is actually somewhat difficult to workaround with the console. Even if you use the "yesman" command, the button will remain greyed-out. So you have to tag switch, but then you run into other bugs like losing colonies without colonists.

TheBloke used add_core command to add a core and it can then be sold.

I don't like how pretender rebels aim to put people on the throne of "culture name"

an example: These Pretender rebels aim to put something something on the throne of dutch/danish/turkish/english,

Strange... I have the setting "opt out of all betas" from long ago, and still I'm in 1.5.1.0... (Never did update to 1.4 betas with the same setting...)

Anyone having the same problem/situation?

How can I go back to 1.5.0.0, if at all possible?

Strange... I have the setting "opt out of all betas" from long ago, and still I'm in 1.5.1.0...
Which makes a lot of sense, as 1.5.1.0 isn't a beta.

How can I go back to 1.5.0.0, if at all possible?
Restore your backup.

It's nothing to do with buildings, where I believe it's WAD that they do not move when you migrate (it's a downside of migration.)

As if migration needed a downside compared to just conquering + good fleecing to ASAP afford 2 colonies :/. Even without colony sale exploit rush colonization is the strongest option. Pushing that ASAP you have 20+ provinces before Europeans arrive easily...generally more. Possibly a 3rd is doable with 14+ gold surplus, if you're willing to sac the cheap advisors once your income is enough. Considering you make up MP later on reform, which is most of what you'd get from migrating anyway, The incentive to do that is rock bottom and it's hard to justify making an obviously inferior option worse even if it is WAD :/.

You need to opt out of the beta.

That's completely impossible, regardless of whether you select 1.5.0.4 or 1.5.1 :).

I still get the bug that I am unable to colonize adjacent provinces in Siberia as Muscowy. Early in the game I was able to colonize some then suddendly not and after some time I was able again and now I´m not.
The tooltip says it to far away from my closest port. First the range need was 2000 and now it says ca. 600.

I'm seeing this too. I'm sure it was working fine for me before this fix though? I definitely could colonize through Siberia.

Are you still stuck with the issue or did it resolve itself?

Localisation error in EU4_l_english.yml:

It reads MONTHS_OF_RULING_TRIG, whereas it seems that the actual tag in use is MONTHS_OF_RULING_TRIG_

(Please note the _ in the end... So one has to adapt to the other, preferably in the localisation files only.)

Last edited:
It's now impossible to sell provinces outside of your own coring range (whereas it should check the coring range of the potential buyer instead).

I just experienced this myself, hugely irritating.
If you are trying to sell (give away) a province to an ally that they completely surround but seemingly are unwilling to gain control of during the war, take control yourself and then demand as a war prize to give to them later you will be in for a massive nasty shock, as the blurb now reads "too far away for your XXXX nation to core this province" or somesuch.
A major bug.

In my personal example I'd decided to make Hungary my Ally as more than one is a pain due to the pointless never ending wars Allies always start, in this case Serbia was one of those wars. they completely surrounded the two disjointed provinces, and as usual, declared a war upon them then then brought half the planet into it. Fed up with this level of spam I occupied both provinces, annexed Serbia and then discovered that as they had no connection to my Capital in Lithuania, and was thus unable to core them, I couldn't actually give them away to Hungary.
All of this whilst trying to deal with the every-10 second random event spams you get.

I also noticed the colonies that were getting built in the 1550's were quickly being converted into colonial nations and actually blocking off the interior of North America in that great game-breaking idea thrown into a patch (don't waste your time colonising any longer) so I decided to look at what few bits of the game didn't spam me or weren't yet broken (Trade, most diplomacy, Colonisation and exploration and The Curia are all broken or too spammy) and hit upon sticking it out in Europe to try the last working part of the game, and so simply tried to just be friendly to my neighbours whilst colonising Siberia (I changed the defines.lua to prevent a spam conversion of some of the provinces into a colonial nation and thus preventing me from ever reaching the coast). The "border tension" model soon put paid to me trying to be friendly however.

In my previous (of 3 games) games I was spammed with a random event roughly every 10-15 seconds as well, so, so utterly irritating, back before the current patch, "Improved Fortifications" spammed me about every 10-30 seconds (end game about every 15 seconds), in this current version it's about every 5 minutes, but spam heretical conversions have now taken over as the greatest constant pop-up pains amongst the "randoms". For about 150 years, at any given time 2-4 of my 5 missionaries were permanently tied up in re-conversions, the counter-reformation has now just ended to I hope that spam has now ended.

If I know one thing about Paradox as a buyer of the original EU, since that game they certainly know how to take great idea's and then smash them to bits with random event spams, and now in the 4th incernation of EU, force the player to spam themselves (light shipbuilding, The Curia, making the mistake of accepting an minor Ally (who then always drags you into a war with the Planets most powerful coalition to "show superiority", or automatically forcing you into a war against another Ally which then costs you their goodwill and a -25 prestige hit for refusing) etc, etc.

What was HOI3 about? 10,000 provinces and a command system so bizarre even the computer got confused.....
Vicky 2, compete with an economic system that never worked from day 1 and never got fixed either......
EU3 where the entire Western World went Protestant within a year........
La-de-da. Goodbye Paradox, AGEOD here I come.

Last edited:
lol a quick search from google revealed AGEOD as paradox france xDDD

Yes,

Had problems posting when trying to edit, please read post below mate, sorry!

Last edited:
I'm seeing this too. I'm sure it was working fine for me before this fix though? I definitely could colonize through Siberia.

Are you still stuck with the issue or did it resolve itself?

Still stuck and because I don´t know if I will be able again to colonize those provinces I stop playing.
This issue happend the first time in 1.5. Before that everything was fine.

Here's a fuller reply as suddenly I can't seem to post:

Yes,

They were.
One of the original designers of EU is now one of the owners of AEGOD.
They were separate companies later on, Paradox took them over, then separated again, both of the Phillipes are important strategy programmers vital for the future of serious strategy gaming, especially for my older generation who can't even begin to think because of the tired random events Paradox throws at you in every EU game.
When it reaches a spam level of every 10 seconds you understand the programmers no longer even test their own product before release. Breaking testing into individual bits for the testers was really a non-starter, but companies started to do it in the noughties, most of them actually checked the final product. Paradox didn't, remains aloof and has a lot of annoyed customers as a result.

Paradox also allows a third Party (Steam) to download "updates" that you have no control over, that so radically alters the product that leaves that product so utterly changed that it no longer has any resemblance to the original product you purchased, and is labelled an "update patch", before you can even work out what Steam is even doing to your PERSONAL PC, especially as I noticed Steam seems to want to moniter your PC and life once you verify the product. The company will just not leave you alone at all and is now firmly implanted upon my own PERSONAL pc, outrageous.

In the case of EU4 I'm of course talking about Colonial Nations that have utterly destroyed the colonial aspect of the product, within a product that only had 4 key things to do in the first place. Believe me, EU2 is far better, and is by now hopefully free for the nippers/young lads to download and experience the better days of Paradox.

Last edited: