Hotfix: 1.4.1 and more - checksum ea04 - NO PROBLEM REPORTS HERE PLS!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the game install folder (~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Europa Universalis IV) I ran the following in the terminal:

find . -mtime -5 -print

This will find any files updated in the last 5 days (i.e. since I installed 1.4). This kind of thing has worked perfectly in the past for updates since the modification times of the unchanged files are not changed. :)

Actually, I should have used:

find . -type f -mtime -5 -print

to eliminate the folders from the output.

And once that's done, I use 'diff' to compare my files with the vanilla files. That generates a list of changes with line numbers and I can simply review the diff to see if the change is relevant to my mod...or if I want to ignore it.
Great. Now I need to figure out what the Windows 7 equivalent to that approach is.

Those are the changes from 1.4.1 to 1.4.1.1. The script changes in 1.4.1 are only:

vanilla/common/ai_attitudes/00_ai_attitudes.txt | 13 +++----------
vanilla/localisation/nw_l_english.yml | 1 +
2 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

See also, http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?747197-1.4-changes-to-existing-files
Thank you very much.

Will Random New world be a little more realistic ? Because it's kinda strange having a lot of Mountains, plains and forests, but there is almost no Hills at all ! :excl:

There is also some rivers following the coast but goes in another sea. :glare:

So if you play Ironman and then patches the game loses its Ironman-status. Is that intended?

Oh FFS. All Ironman games cannot be loaded, cannot start new Ironman games.

When's 1.4.2 due?
There is no 1.4.2 coming. It's going to be called 1.5. No, really; that comes straight from the staff.

And incidentally, it's slated for being released within 2 weeks from the release of the 1.4.1.1 open beta, barring exceptional circumstances like a hard-to-solve major bug that gets discovered from the beta feedback.

Issues

Hello !
I just started to play Conquest of Paradise 1.4.1.0 and I already remarqued two problems:

1. the little map in the right lower corner is no longer visible (the frame is still there, but no map inside - just beige colour)
2. I saved a game in Political Mapmode and when I load it, the new loaded game appear in Terrain Mapmode.

I hope for a correction in 1.5.
Thank you!

Can anyone confirm that tag switches no longer break ironman?

Check the Bug Report forum, there's a sticky at the top. It appears that tag switches breaking Ironman is probably resolved, however Ironmans still regularly break for other, unknown reasons, which QA is yet to identify. The thread is there to ask for details of when it happens to people so they can find the cause.

well their a problem with auto saves as well i lost around 50 years of game play coz the game crashed, when i loaded up the save i was back in 1551 when i know i was close to 1600s all the lands i got and my vassles are gone have to build them back up again..... not happy at all :mad:

Does this patch fix the annoying CTD problem? I had a giant Austria blob game that I would like to continue, but I can't because it crashes every other month. This is only Ironman, by the way, because I can play multiplayer and regular singleplayer just fine. Someone please respond, this game is everything to me and if I am not allowed to create more autistic blobs for achievements to show off to my gf I might just quit.

If you read the Tech Support and Bug Reports forums you'll see there are at least two current crash/hang issues being investigated right now. One is partially fixed in the 1.4.1.1 beta.

So I see contradictory statements, is ironman fixed now or not yet? to be clear on the question, am I going to lose at any point ironman status when staring a new game independent of the cause? thanks in advance

So I see contradictory statements, is ironman fixed now or not yet? to be clear on the question, am I going to lose at any point ironman status when staring a new game independent of the cause? thanks in advance

Check what I said before:

Check the Bug Report forum, there's a sticky at the top. It appears that tag switches breaking Ironman is probably resolved, however Ironmans still regularly break for other, unknown reasons, which QA is yet to identify. The thread is there to ask for details of when it happens to people so they can find the cause.

Adding to that:

People have definitely had 1.4 Ironman games de-Ironman for reasons other than a tag switch, which is what 1.4.1 fixed. But there have been no new reports in that thread for the last 7 days.

If you read through that Bug Report forum thread, you'll get an idea when the problem happened to other users - but you'll find that there's not an obvious pattern / there's not a clear idea of what you need to avoid to prevent the problem. Steam desync is mentioned by a couple of users, but not all.

Some of the users in that thread state that they started their games on 1.4 and continued in 1.4.1. Other users don't state it (unfortunately QA only asked if it was started on 1.4, not differentiating 1.4.1), so we can't tell if starting a game on 1.4 and continuing in 1.4.1 might be a factor and maybe 1.4.1 is fixed.

We can see that there's been no new reports in 7 days. That might give some encouragement that actually 1.4.1 fixed the problem, and people posting after 1.4.1. came out were experiencing problems as a result of starting in 1.4 and continuing in 1.4.1.

Personally I would have some hope that a new 1.4.1 Ironman game might not de-Ironman, purely based on the lack of any further reports in 7 days. But it's not guaranteed. People have definitely had games de-Ironman when playing 1.4.1, and for reasons other than a tag change which was the only stated fix in 1.4.1 (regarding this issue).

So I would say that playing 1.4.1 Ironman is definitely still a risk. But it's one that I would personally take - especially as I don't anticipate a full 1.5 release for at least a further week, and probably (hopefully) more like two or three weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.