Hotfix: 1.4.1 and more - checksum ea04 - NO PROBLEM REPORTS HERE PLS!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Besuchov

Studio Manager, PDS
Paradox Staff
64 Badges
Mar 6, 2001
  • Sengoku
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Impire
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Diplomacy
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
So, the time has come for the first update which is a hotfix adressing some of the early problems. The priority with hotfixes are generally that they are a) Important and b)Simple fixes. If they fail b) we cant really push them out without serious testing otherwise we will just end up breaking more than we fix.

However, work continues on even greater changes and we have decided to do with EU4 what we allready do with CK2 and thats use open betas. These will be experimental and you have to opt in to use them, just be warned there might be serious problems that we havent seen yet so use at your own risk. The first Open beta will be versioin 1.4.1.1 that will be made available later today.

The plan is that the team will continue working on updating and changing Conquest of Paradise and in roughly two weeks we should roll out a 1.5 patch.

Patchotes 1.4.1:
----------------
- Fixed incompability issues with map, causing crashes with 1.3 saves.
- Fixed bug where ironman saves where broken on tag change
- Now possible to enforce peace if your colony declares war on others
- Migration only moves the migrating nations units
- Fixed crash in province view if the province being watched migrates
- Native american AI can no longer build non native buildings
- Natives americans no longer get alerts that they cant build buildings that they cant Build
- No longer possible to get achievments in observemode by selecting a country
- Fixed a bug where AI would have the wrong attitude set towards its vassals, resulting in them not diploannexing them

- Native american AI can no longer build non native buildings
- Natives americans no longer get alerts that they cant build buildings that they cant Build

But the player will still be able to build non-Native buildings via the ledger, I guess? Is this WAD or postponed to the next patch?

Why no hotfix for opening the application via Steam for Mac users?

I'm not the mac expert here, but as I understand it - it's an issue with the steam community functionality - we're working on it, but for the moment the way to allow opening the game directly from steam is to uncheck (that is, to disable) "Enable Steam Community In-Game" (in windows this would be reached by right clicking Europa Universalis IV in the steam listing, select properties, then it is on the first tab ("general") )

Why do you release hotfixes while you can simply roll back and continue working with greater patch?

Why do you fix the plumbing in your house when you can just move to a cave?

Why do you fix the plumbing after you've just destroyed your house? Instead of building new house or moving into another one you're fixing that bloody plumbing!

Because a lot of the house inhabitants think it's finally a nice house again, after the last 2 big, catastrophic reforms :p

Why do you fix the plumbing after you've just destroyed your house? Instead of building new house or moving into another one you're fixing that bloody plumbing!

But you haven't destroyed the house, just rearranged the furniture. Most of the inhabitants like the new arrangement, while some prefer the old one. ;)

Unfortunately, now you see all the dust under the sofa, but it's still better to clean it up than move the sofa back.

But you haven't destroyed the house, just rearranged the furniture. Most of the inhabitants like the new arrangement, while some prefer the old one. ;)

Unfortunately, now you see all the dust under the sofa, but it's still better to clean it up than move the sofa back.

+1, but i would like coaltions back... that must be part of the dust :p

and thanks and keep patching paradox

I love the way Paradox cares about their game though. Even if the patch and DLC had flaws they're really right on it and sorting things out.

I think open betas are a great idea. Playtesting and anticipating flaws seem to be the largest problem Paradox has. Well atleast it becomes the largest problem since on most of the other points paradox is in my opinion the best dev out there.

I think open betas are a great idea. Playtesting and anticipating flaws seem to be the largest problem Paradox has. Well atleast it becomes the largest problem since on most of the other points paradox is in my opinion the best dev out there.

Open betas are a good idea and have been in use for CK2 for a while already. I just wish they'd have open betas for the large patches and not just hotfixes, since those are the ones that require the most testing.

I was just going by the highly unscientific "do you prefer 1.3 or 1.4" poll thread.

+1, a bad survey is better than no survey :p. And the support for 1.4 clearly wasn't rare or ocasional, it has had a mixed acceptance but not in any way an outright rejection by the community.

A lot of the house inhabitants think... Most of the inhabitants like... Back to U.S.S.R. Everyone thinks his voice is voice of the majority. :p
I fell like i am gay in Russia... oh wait...

I liked this patch, minor issues like usual but really good with plenty of free stuff and extra features we didn't even know about before, can't see why so many are complaining...

Hell I even fell to the ironman problem on tag change described here, tough luck and move on...

Thanks for the hotfix !

- Migration only moves the migrating nations units

I guess "...as opposed to other units, not belonging to the migrating nation"? Sorry, it's just that the first time I read that bullet point, I was wondering if migrating nations' provinces would stay the same and only the units would move, but I guess that would be a very silly notion.

Status
Not open for further replies.