Hotfix 1.23.1 is now Available! [checksum 1dc0] - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DDRJake

Field Marshal
112 Badges
Feb 4, 2011
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
Hello all. As we mentioned in our recent dev diary, the team are hard at work fixing issues to put in the upcoming 1.24 update.

For more pressing issues which we wanted an earlier fix deployed, we have created the 1.23.1 hotfix. This is available as an opt-in beta. If fixes the following issues in the recently released 1.23 version.

• - Blocked hordes from getting the sheikh ul islam events on new ruler as they would not do anything for hordes. + Fix - for the fix for sheikh ul islam popping without effects on all new rulers for hordes.
  • - Added loc for 3 lines in spanish and french.
  • - Monthly piety and karma now shown as percentages, tweaked previous values to not be insanely high
  • - AI will no longer randomly cancel annexation or integration.
  • - Unit arrival time's accessibility is now larger than 1 pixel (decreased max width for current unit location)
  • - You must now have no provinces outside the British region at the start to be eligible for the 'Around the world in 80 years' achievement.
  • - Fixed potential CTD in CTradeGoodsDataBase::ReadPrices if trade goods were modded.
  • - Fixed potential CTD in CTradeCompanyRegionTrigger if Trade Company Regions were modded.
  • - Fixed trigger switch effect not propagating selected event option (causing e.g. Ruler always getting name from first option).
  • - Added missing text for the mission to establish a colonial country in Brazil.
  • - Added missing loc for colonization of brazil mission in Spanish, German and French as well.
  • - Mamluk government now don't get set to 20 legitimacy when they lose their monarch
  • - Religions will no longer spawn more reformation centers than they are allowed to
  • - Fixed age check of heirs/queens when not used by government form when loading nation designer templates
  • - Fix for CTD related to one province naval trade routes
  • - You can no longer promote advisors if you don't have Cradle of Civilization

These fixes are available as a beta which can be accessed in Steam under "properties" and the beta tab for EUIV. Our intention is to merge these fixes into the main release version of the game for everyone after a week or two in beta barring any major issues occurring with it.

If you encounter any issues with the hotfix please post in the bug reports with [1.23.1] in the title for ease of sorting.

Update 29-11-2017 1500 CET:

The fix has been set live to the regular version, so these fixes will be applied to your game if you run on the default version. You can restart Steam to force it to update your version. Savegames should be unaffected and achievement runs won't become invalid from the update.

Last edited:
Religions will no longer spawn more reformation centers than they are allowed to
AI will no longer randomly cancel annexation or integration.

PERFECT

Back to EU IV

Is the bug that you can no longer demand unlawfull territory in the HRE because of a constant -1000 modifier that says 'Alliance not strong enough' gonna be fixed as well or on the schedule for a hotfix?

I kinda put off my current campaign waiting for that fix, but if it's gonna be till patch 1.24 I'll just have to live with it for now. Otherwise I might just as well wait a week or so, or is it wad and do I just need a ridiculous Alliance strenght in order to get rid of that modifier?

So no fix for the trade company merchant bug? I say that this bug is pretty big. But nice to see a patch come out so quick even after a launch with so few issues as Persia

Last edited:
Bug and will get fixed. Didn't have enough time to get it into this patch though. we had some serious crashes and wanted to get those fixes out as fast as possible.

Making it an opt-in open beta is pretty much a guarantee that only 2% of the playerbase will ever know about it much less apply it. Doesn't make much sense for a hotfix, even if it is obviously the safe choice.

Thanks though.

- You must now have no provinces outside the British region at the start to be eligible for the 'Around the world in 80 years' achievement.

Arghh. My cheesy way to take enough provinces to create Andalusia in 1444.11.11 and get the achievement is stopped.

when you want to marry with ally it says 'too many diplomatic relations' and refuses. is that a bug ? marriage must not count as individual diplo relation when you re ally with .