• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a game where my character has both of these perks unlocked and so I stopped playing for a while waiting for this patch to fix it. However, now I have updated my game and the additional skills are still not being applied. I have 4 friends and 16 living children. I tried restarting the game again but that didn't help. Does anyone have any other tricks I could try to fix this?

By resetting the perks I managed to get the "Friendly Counsel" perk working (the one where you get skills points per friend). However, the perk that gives skill points per alive child is still not working. Even after my ruler had a few new children. Oh well, hopefully it will work if I try it on a new character.

Reactions:
Is anyone else having an issue with the character models twiching? It looks like this, and no this isn't sped up. It's in real-time:

PortraitJitter2.gif

It was not doing this when I last played a couple weeks ago. I'm trying to isolate the issue and the only things that have changed on my system are adding patch 1.2.2, updating to yesterday's new NVIDIA drivers, and perhaps mods. I'll play around with it some more, but this part in the patch notes concerns me:
- Fixed a memory leak for character portraits. This could have a significant effect in the Ruler Designer, and a lesser one during normal play.

Edit:
Yea, I rolled back to the last patch version and I'm not seeing anymore character twitching, so it's something about 1.2.2, or something else I have conflicting with 1.2.2.

Last edited:
  • 6Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Is anyone else having an issue with the character models twiching? It looks like this, and no this isn't sped up. It's in real-time:

PortraitJitter2.gif

It was not doing this when I last played a couple weeks ago. I'm trying to isolate the issue and the only things that have changed on my system are adding patch 1.2.2, updating to yesterday's new NVIDIA drivers, and perhaps mods. I'll play around with it some more, but this part in the patch notes concerns me:
- Fixed a memory leak for character portraits. This could have a significant effect in the Ruler Designer, and a lesser one during normal play.

Edit:
Yea, I rolled back to the last patch version and I'm not seeing anymore character twitching, so it's something about 1.2.2, or something else I have conflicting with 1.2.2.
I have never seen this issue, and spent many hours playing since the latest hotfix. No idea what could be causing it for you, though. Do you have any mods installed?

Reactions:

PortraitJitter2.gif

Edit:

I have never seen this issue, and spent many hours playing since the latest hotfix. No idea what could be causing it for you, though. Do you have any mods installed?
It's already recognized as a bug by the Dev team. It's rare but it's there.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I can no longer load saves from version 1.2.1 in mp anymore. It seems like an oversight that a patch version change would lock out a save file.

To be specific, the game is counting the save file as invalid because of the (patch) version change and there is no option in MP to be able to select invalid save files.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Over 2 month now ... and lot of annoyances in the game ! ( AI has 3 stacks and uses the one without catapults for siege, while the one stack with lot of them rests next to it ... and more such things)
and terrible missing features ... (special UI and features, which have been in CK2)
____________________________________________________________________________________________
SO WHEN COULD WE EXPECT a larger patch ?

Thanks

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Old post I know, but I had that problem because male_body.asset/female_body.asset were changed in the patch and I had a mod that was based on the old files. Once I updated those files I stopped seeing it.
I see. The bug is already documented though. So it's an issue no matter if your playing vanilla or mods.

• 1Like
Reactions: