• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Castellon

★Paradox Forum Manager★
Administrator
Paradox Staff
110 Badges
Mar 12, 2002
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Paradox Order
Hello modders,

In our continuing attempt to make it easier to participate in modding our games, we have heard you that you need a place to host larger files. We do not think it is fair that you should have to pay for hosting at the same time we do not allow you to take donations or to charge for your Mod.

We have listened and have been working toward finding a solution for you. With that in mind you should now be able to add your Mod as an attachment to this board. The attachment will use our own CDN. This should allow for efficient download times no matter where your fans are downloading it from.

Since this is new to us all, there maybe some issues with initially uploading the files. Currently the uploading system does require Flash so if you use an apple product you may be out of luck.

This is primarily for those mods that are too large to be efficiently used by the Steam workshop or that otherwise prefer not to use it. We ask you not to direct link to the download rather to your Download thread here as per the modding rules.

We are very open to ideas and methods to improve this functionality for both you as the uploader and your fans as downloaders.

Please provide your feed back and feel free to tag me in your post so I am sure to see it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
@Castellon: How do we do this? Any naming or other types of restrictions, beyond what you mentioned above (no direct linking)?

There should be an upload file button on the post. So you can attach a file to a post. This file can now be very large and more file types, also all attachments will be stored on our CDN.

Reactions:
Unfortunately it seems like the allowed space is too small for the very biggest mods. Lux Invicta is currently clocking in at about 360 meg, in 7zip format.

File limit should be 1 gig

Reactions:
I tried uploading our latest version using this yesterday and it kept failing at around 20% completion. The file in question was a 207 MB zip, so I don't think it was too large (if you want to check it out yourself here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/okna5xuwtd7jirj/geheimnisnacht_0.8.0.zip).

I'd really prefer to upload the files here if at all possible. Thanks in advance for your help!

This doesn't seem to work for me unfortunately. I keep getting the following error:

"The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

AGOT- Qohor.zip"

Should take files up to 1 gig currently if you need more let me know.
We are working on clearing up any issue with errors that may pop up, if you have an issue please PM me with the details so we can work with you to get hem sorted.

I tried to upload a medium size zipped mod (7Mo), but this is systematically failing after 30-40 seconds:
The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

On Firefox the error in debugger console is:
Code:
AttachmentUploadError: Object { type="AttachmentUploadError",  file={...},  errorCode=-220,  plus...}
Upload failed: [Object { type=".zip",  post={...},  modificationdate=Date,  plus...}, -220, "Error #2038"]

On Chrome:
Code:
Uploaded 2834432/7009385 bytes.
Uploaded 2883584/7009385 bytes.
Uploaded 2932736/7009385 bytes.
Uploaded 2981888/7009385 bytes.
Uploaded 3031040/7009385 bytes.
Uploaded 3080192/7009385 bytes.
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 413 (Request Entity Too Large)

I'm trying to upload a 200MB file, but after loading it comes up with an error message saying that the file size is too large for the server to handle or something along those lines.