• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the government type map, I like it a lot indeed :)

From where I can make out from that map. It looks like the HRE has a few counties that has white dotted lines on them, which I think will represent the theocracies within the HRE, as well as the red dotted lines on some of the counties in Italy, which will represent the vassal republics within the HRE too.

At the bottom of the map in the middle east, I can see brown dotted lines over the Iqta governments area, which I'm thinking it could be a tribal vassal to another realm which will most likely have the Itqa government form.

I can also see that Cumania has a few tribal vassals around the black sea area.

The Pechenegs I think, is going to start off as a nomadic government with 5 feudal vassals at the beginning of the game but at least they are still pagan though, and will be the most challenging nomads to start with since they are also closet to the centre of Europe.

Overall, its a job well done and will be very useful for my future games to pick out and see if I have any vassals of a different government form within my realm.

Reactions:
I suppose the oasis states of the Tarim Basin are quite appropriately represented through either iqta or feudal system, though the match is not perfect. It's good that a difference was made between them and the nomadic societies.
867 is a little after the end of the tibetan control in the Tarim Basin, so it can be a representation of the tibetan influence within the city-states there.

Reactions:
*hype intensifies*

Reactions:
I'm not very enthusiastic about this expansion. Wait & see.
I hope it's good stuff for modders.
From what I saw in Reddit, there's a lot of modding potential. I'm pretty hyped because of the possibilities.

Reactions:
One of the other maps has that region controlled by "Liao" - The Northern Chinese Dynasty of the era. Soooo.... That might be why?

Would make sense! They were not really tribal anymore at 1066, I think.

Reactions:
Well they weren't Feudal either. The next really obvious thing for Paradox to add is really a distinct Bureaucratic Government form
That would really improve Byzantine gameplay and allow for inclusion of... you know what.

Reactions:
From what I saw in Reddit, there's a lot of modding potential. I'm pretty hyped because of the possibilities.

Out of curiosity how does reddit know what features are actually modable? Or did I miss some very important dev posts on this topic?

Out of curiosity how does reddit know what features are actually modable? Or did I miss some very important dev posts on this topic?
Sometimes the devs answer some questions in the Reddit.

Well they weren't Feudal either. The next really obvious thing for Paradox to add is really a distinct Bureaucratic Government form
Liao had separate systems to govern different cultures so it can be very hard to generalize. Feudal seems to be the closet form Paradox could use.

Also it seems that despite being Feudal, Liao still has some nomadic stuff like clans.

Status
Not open for further replies.