• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalyMoo

Manager of Things
94 Badges
Jun 5, 2012
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Sengoku
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Latest Expansion for Crusader Kings II Will Pillage Your Hours

STOCKHOLM – It is rather unlike hordes of nomadic invaders to stick to schedule, but the Horse Lords have told us that we can expect a rainfall of arrows on July 14. Horse Lords is the latest expansion for Paradox Development Studios’s much-loved grand strategy RPG Crusader Kings II and it will bring the hellfire of war on the steppes to glorious map-painting life on your desktop.

With a heavy focus on the Mongol and Turkic invaders of the Central Asian plains, Horse Lords adds an expanded map, new ruling systems for the fascinating culture of the nomadic tribes that changed the course of world history from the saddle. There are also some minor tweaks that will affect everyone, including the construction of temporary forts to hold an area in your control and introducing the Silk Road – the wealthy trade highway that ran from the Mediterranean to East Asia.

To celebrate the July 14 announcement, we’ve decided to release a few screenshots that show off some of the coming changes in the Horse Lords expansion. You’ll see some images of the new map, new cultures and new interface.

GdunGL2.jpg

IwyfwYp.jpg

IoVlSPs.png

mSbSgMl.png

p0jAaAI.png

UiNtfpb.png

ZJJZPYA.png

da30M3H.png

WrV0xzS.jpg

iOD3oJ2.jpg

Reactions:
What is the system in Muslim countries? It does not seem to be feudalism any more...

Reactions:
Looks like a blond Cuman. That means a new facepack I think.

Reactions:
What is the system in Muslim countries? It does not seem to be feudalism any more...
After a little research it seems to be Iqta. Iqta was a practice similar to feudalism but for Islamic world and with minor differences. What changes this will bring in game, I have no idea. Maybe finally a kebab nerf? (Pls Paradox)

Reactions:
Well this is most lovely indeed! An ideally placed release date for this particular fan.

After a little research it seems to be Iqta. Iqta was a practice similar to feudalism but for Islamic world and with minor differences. What changes this will bring in game, I have no idea. Maybe finally a kebab nerf? (Pls Paradox)

No change: iqta has always been different from feudalism in-game, allowing Muslim rulers to have temple holdings without penalties.

Reactions:
I bought WoL at launch and got burned, went ahead and did the same with El Dorado and got burned again, still hoping you guys would get your act together two weeks ago I bought Common Sense the day it was launched and haven't been able to play EUIV since then...

So no, I will not be getting this at launch, since you seem to have gone back to your old ways of releasing broken products, and/or breaking the ones that were indeed working.

Reactions:
I bought WoL at launch and got burned, went ahead and did the same with El Dorado and got burned again, still hoping you guys would get your act together two weeks ago I bought Common Sense the day it was launched and haven't been able to play EUIV since then...

So no, I will not be getting this at launch, since you seem to have gone back to your old ways of releasing broken products, and/or breaking the ones that were indeed working.

CS is ok because they are working on a patch to be released next week. As Wiz stated it is impossible to have a "clean" product released Day one. The problem is with Wol when it was released just before a 2 week vacation and then it took the team 1 or 2 weeks more to produce hotfixes/ patch. I hope this pattern doesn't reproduce again this time.

Reactions:
CS is ok because they are working on a patch to be released next week. As Wiz stated it is impossible to have a "clean" product released Day one. The problem is with Wol when it was released just before a 2 week vacation and then it took the team 1 or 2 weeks more to produce hotfixes/ patch. I hope this pattern doesn't reproduce again this time.

I'm sorry but it's NOT OK that I have to wait 3 weeks just to be able to play what I already paid.
I don't want a "clean" product, I want one that at least works.
I remember quite well WoL's launch, you don't have to remind me. And that was a minor DLC, I don't even want to know how broken this is going to be, I truly hope they don't f#ck it up, but I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.