• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood that, but still, Skibbereen Eagle and all that.
Well if you understood that then you're smarter than the collective swedish media. They had a field day with headlines about Scania returning to Denmark.

I remember when India was brought in one of the arguments made was that India took Islamic focus off Christian Europe. Without it, then Islam was ahistorically strong.

Will this be the same with the likes of Liao? Will the absence of a focus on China and Manchuria make them ahistorically strong?
It will certainly lead to ahistorical results. AI will certainly be trying to expand into west while historically Liao couldn't move much further becuse of logistical reasons. You have to remember that core Khitan territory lied in southern Manchuria and Mongolia. The rest of empire was composed of subjugated Mongol, Jurchen and Turkic peoples not necessarily loyal to Liao imperial family and which had to be checked by the army.

Damn, my keyboard is all sticky now.

Because I drooled on it, you sick people!

I can't wait to see the other two expansions.

It looks from the screenshots that they have completely re-done the portrait rank wreaths (or whatever you'd call them), was there a DD that explained the new colours and what they represented? The purple for emperor seems clear enough but some seem more obscure.

It looks from the screenshots that they have completely re-done the portrait rank wreaths (or whatever you'd call them), was there a DD that explained the new colours and what they represented? The purple for emperor seems clear enough but some seem more obscure.
The rings themselves are the ranks I believe, while the colors represent government form I believe.

Red - nomad, blue - feudal, yellow - tribal and not sure about republics... at least that's how it seems.

I don't know if some of these are older screenshots but, the ribbon colors should correspond to the colors in the government type map mode. Blue = feudal, green = iqta, red = merchant republic, pink = inland republic, brown = tribal, white = theocratic, and gold = nomadic.

Reactions:
I don't know if some of these are older screenshots but, the ribbon colors should correspond to the colors in the government type map mode. Blue = feudal, green = iqta, red = merchant republic, pink = inland republic, brown = tribal, white = theocratic, and gold = nomadic.
Are you saying that Clan-Chief Pulad of Toksoba is a doge?

This looks like a solid piece of content, can't wait to see how it turns out! My only concern now is that Paradox seems to have pretty much run out of possible DLC topics (aside from adding China, which would probably break the game for people who don't have monster rigs with huge processors). Neverthelesss, I'm still excited to see where Paradox decides to take CK2 from here.

There is always inland republics, there is still plenty to do with trade and they could always figure out how to pull of the Celtic High Kingships and Byzantine Bureaucracy. Not to mention dealing with the more complex feudal and tributary relations in europe.

Reactions:
Are you saying that Clan-Chief Pulad of Toksoba is a doge?
No, I think this may have been an early screenshot before they finalized the colors. If you looks at the ribbon colors here https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/weekly-dev-diary-1.855566/ you'll see that Merchant Republics have a brighter red. The first couple of screenshots in this thread show a darker red for nomads (and are missing the government type icon), while later screenshots show gold ribbons for nomads.

Reactions:
There is always inland republics, there is still plenty to do with trade and they could always figure out how to pull of the Celtic High Kingships and Byzantine Bureaucracy. Not to mention dealing with the more complex feudal and tributary relations in europe.
They could look towards EU: Rome for ideas on inland republics and beaurocracies could work. Some expanding on tributary systems would definitely be nice as well since right now it seems the only way to gain a tributary or become one is to have a war over it.

Reactions:
No, I think this may have been an early screenshot before they finalized the colors. If you looks at the ribbon colors here https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/weekly-dev-diary-1.855566/ you'll see that Merchant Republics have a brighter red. The first couple of screenshots in this thread show a darker red for nomads (and are missing the government type icon), while later screenshots show gold ribbons for nomads.
And it could be the other way. Let's not guess until we see it for ourselves.

There should be more trade routes. For example, one that passes through Mali.

Status
Not open for further replies.