• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I may be missing something, but it seems your stats doesn't really matter that much as a nomad, is this intentional?

Ok new commander system stinks..

Atleast make all vassals at count and baronie rank able to be used as commanders.
Cause it really instead of improving attachement. in battle field management it has decreased.

I mean he we have nobody leading tons of armies. we raise to fight off multiple wars.
That is a bit unrealistic and a historic that I cannot stand, failing that please put the number of MAX commanders in NDefines. so we can mod that number ourself.
And micromanage it.

Thank you for reading it.

A neat trick here is to just hire a dirt cheap merc company which cost nothing to hire or pay for if it's newly started, that gives you at least 3 new commanders to use. If you wanna be a bit cheesy, just hire all the cheap ones in order to get some guys with the combat traits you want; especially 20%+ to all mounted troops for a nomad is... quite decent.

Reactions:
Well certaint trait matter more though, the cavalry leader and flat terrain leader are very nice.

It is almost impossible to play as iron man.
It just takes one mistake or plain bad luck to lose your horde and then you are defenceless.
You won't have money to raise a new horde big enough to recover fast and you will be gutted.
You are completely reliant on your AI fellow clans who are suicidal and only succeeded because they are so many and can reinforce anywhere.
When you are AI fellow clans go nuts during a war and hahahaha retreat at the last second leaving you suddenly outnumbered in a battle you are doomed.
The only way this can be resolved is if you can glue AI armies to your army somehow.

Reactions:
The only way this can be resolved is if you can glue AI armies to your army somehow.

Isn't it possible to attach horde armiest to one another as for instance allied catholics can do ?

Isn't it possible to attach horde armiest to one another as for instance allied catholics can do ?

I know my khans often go to my army and attach themselves but often they do nothing and freeze up. Utill they attach themselves you can't control them at all and if they detach themselves at a crucial moment you're in big trouble. I have no idea how you can force them to attach themselves.

On my sixth iron man attempt the khans on my side suddenly turned hostile and destroyed my entire horde while still being on my side in the war. I give up. I'll try again in a month or two while paradox fixes game killing bugs like this.

I can't play ironman anymore because I keep accidentally clicking the "settle as feudal" option, which looks identical to the "pillage" option. I think go from the Great Khan, to a count ruling a single county and all of my progress is lost.

Reactions:
I can't play ironman anymore because I keep accidentally clicking the "settle as feudal" option, which looks identical to the "pillage" option. I think go from the Great Khan, to a count ruling a single county and all of my progress is lost.

Reactions:

Been there too! Conquered most of the map three times with different hordes and what made me give up is the settle down option that was clicked accidentally.

gonna brainstrom here for future references:

1) seperate turkmen and turkish cultures. let turkmen be the original central asian nomads, and as they settle and mix with iranic and levantines, let them turn Turkish like norse or anglo-saxons change
have seperate sprites and portraits for Turkish culture(more like the Anatolian Turks).

2) Ability for altaics to re-migrate. the settled area they leave behind reverts back to previous culture in some cases and not in other cases so as to represent random Turkification in the middle east. A feudal kingdom can continue under one of the family members that is left behind. Pretty much how there were seljukids from iran, iraq to anatolia.

3) Have flavor events for the rise of Turko-Persian culture,underline this interaction in-game through various events and artwork.

4) Make sure the ghulam issues are represented. Create a possible event chain for Levantine states to raise ghulam retinues(in the intrigue screen). These can be powerful, but as a downside, there should be an event possibility that causes them to overthrow.
Use this to weaken the abbasid blob as it did historically.

5) Get rid of the silly one-culture nomads. Allow nomads to subjugate other "clans", maybe a special casus belli to absorb a clan. This way, clans can be migrated all over the place and represent the mixed stuff they got into. So a turkmen can can also control karluk, cuman or mongol tribes, better reprsenting the cluster they were, creating a more colorful game experience with unique outcomes.

6) Make Sufism a thing. Since conversion of nomadics involved sufi influences( combo of Islam with manicheanism, buddhism...etc) make new heresies with their event chains such as Alevism that was common among nomads.

*learn to mod :(

I agree just about everything :D