• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Liberty_Valance

AKA Wolfie
19 Badges
Jul 10, 2018
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • BATTLETECH
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
Planetfall Hopper Artwork.png

Thought id share the new race ive put together with 100's of hours of work of a full new fleshed out race. Hoppers are for those itching to fight a intense alien threat similar to the bugs of starship troopers or the zergs of starcraft.

Some of the unique features

* Carefully crafted design and cosmetic - As well as design Hoppers use your factions primary colour and guards, qaurtzites and even weapons use your secondary colour.
* Mass swarms Alpha Hoppers can call subordinates into the fight, the more level they are the more they call. A
* Large leaders, Hoppers authority comes from size, leaders can burst through obstacles and act as cover giving new tactical opportunities. They also look hilarious and terryfying in little vehicles.
* Unique defense, no turrets but can add guards to cities that auto charge towards the enemy
* New abilities/operations and mods, while the race is melee focus, Hoppers can take advantage of a variety of range weapons.
* Qaurtzite allies, able to build qaurtzites in the city with qaurtzite weapons.

attack.jpg

It works similar to the vanilla as a full new functioning race. Complete with unique cosmetic class units, customization, tech tree of mods and operations.

6.PNG
Screenshot2.PNG

Not to mention a few monsters to ride! Being able to devour and make babies with the hive queen or blast fiery hell with the Taragon.

Taggagon_Unit.PNG

All functions have been implemented to maximize your immersion, quests, diplomacy, heroes, the works

Fix.PNG

Loads of gore, both Hoppers and Colonial Guard have been updated to leave the battleground a bloody mess.

Hopper Race available here

Colonial Guard race available here

Attachments

• techtree.PNG
    techtree.PNG
    1,8 MB · Views: 0
  • image1.png
    image1.png
    3,2 MB · Views: 0
  • lay egg.PNG
    lay egg.PNG
    2,2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 10Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
You can do what Eomolch did. Delft is quite a nice place to live, you know.

Anyway, it's great what you're doing for the community. I haven't tried using any mods for planetfall yet because there is such an incredible lot to discover already. But when I get started I'll be sure to subscribe to this one.

i like the hopper race so far. i can see that alot of work have been put into it :)

i find the alpha hound ability to spawn lesser hound a bit too strong. especially when combined with the alpha pheromon buff.
especially when upgraded to max level. one full stack and full modded of alpha hopper hound with max level + a buffer hero can spawn a fully modded angry army of 10 hopper hounds with armor and shield buff akin to tier3 units. it is insane!
i should test it against a human player. but vs AI you can flood it with expendable troops and then engage the leftover without getting much casualties and get free xp (after one successfull fight to level up the alpha hounds.)

edit: not to mention that you can buy alpha hopper hounds via strategic spells each turns while upgrading cities with building instead of having to chose between producing units or buildings.

Woah, this is absolutely amazing! I've seen it in the workshop as well as the Colonial Guard and thought of trying them one day. While the Colonials didn't interest me too much, I definitely like the style of the Hoppers, but given the amount of time put into either I'll defo give both of them some love!

Wow, very impressive!
I like the use of quartzites for the faction, I feel mineral units are underutilized in the game.

My same reaction! I've always thought there could be more done with the mineral units. Equally as much as I've hoped to see a weapon mod specializing in cryomancy or a secret tech dabbling in some form of that or liquid metal, I've wanted to see something like a more sentient mineral NPC faction, like lightning rocks cause arc options feels bit lacking. Heck, could probably do something cool with a living mineral/lightning crystal style secret tech with quartzites in it!