• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nelfe

Hold the door
51 Badges
Apr 16, 2008
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Prison Architect
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
614px-Arms_of_the_Most_Noble_Order_of_the_Garter.svg.png

Honi soit qui mal y pense (HSQMYP to be shorter) is a mod who aimed to overhaul the medieval English kingdom, from the conquest of William the Conqueror until the Hundred Year's War (so, sorry, but nothing upon anglo-saxon England).

Actually, the mod's state of progress is low, because it's quite hard to find some books upon medieval England in France (and between my work and my wife & daughter, there is no much time to left :D). I've to do with my own knowledge, what I can find on internet and some books I own. Hopefully, I'll spent one week in London in 2 weeks, so I'll buy some books on this era :)

·························​

- Decision and events for the Most Noble Order of the Garter, including minor titles and flavoured events.
- Magna Carta : the Magna Carta will prevent you to increase crown authority into High and Absolute levels. My goal is to add a faction for this, and nobles who are disgruntled about your reign will join this faction and try to impose you the Magna Carta. Obviously, you'll be able to get rid of this with the cost of some prestige, and with the risk of plunging your realm into civil war.
- The Double Monarchy : if you have a weak/strong claim on the French trone, or if you own the kingdom itself, you will be able to form the Kingdom of England and France, with a new coat of arms. If you are not king of France, doing this will give you a strong and transmissible claim on France.
- Looooooooot of minor titles.
- Historicals coat of arms for most, if not all, noble families (see the screenshot below). And those dynasties will be reworked (for example, I'll add the Plantagenet's cadets lines).
- Historicals and thematics events upon medieval England's life.
- English universities, etc. Other stuff, I don't know what but I'll find some ideas.

Early screenshots

67c5ffc7-1dbc-4b9b-b0c5-5594571be671.jpg

(sorry for quality, thanks to the jpeg)

Reactions:
Be careful not to streamline history too much; you could try to generalize titles and positions if need be. Also I really think you should at least try to give Anglo-Saxon England something! At least for Harold II maybe?

Probably not, last post was over 2 years ago.

Wow, I never thought that someone will bump this topic :p

Unfortunately, this mod is completely on stand-by. I've been busy for those two years. Plus, the constant changes in game mechanics with the DLCs and patches were quite annoying concerning modding CK2 and I switched to modding HoI4 instead.
But I may have all the files on my computer (I have to check) and your posts gave me some envy to pursue this mod. So, maybe I'll resume it in a near future :D

Reactions:
Wow, I never thought that someone will bump this topic :p

Unfortunately, this mod is completely on stand-by. I've been busy for those two years. Plus, the constant changes in game mechanics with the DLCs and patches were quite annoying concerning modding CK2 and I switched to modding HoI4 instead.
But I may have all the files on my computer (I have to check) and your posts gave me some envy to pursue this mod. So, maybe I'll resume it in a near future :D
Cool, thanks! I don't want to pressure you or anything, I know you have family and that's enough work as it is :p