• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DHenry

Sergeant
42 Badges
Sep 29, 2017
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II
I've posted about this many, many times, both in threads and bug reports yet I haven't got any replies yet. Often times baron-tier rulers do not convert after a successful holy war. This happens specially if they were imprisoned or in hiding during during the end of the war, but sometimes it happens for apparently no reason at all. It's awfully immersion breaking and quite annoying, and I'm suprised no other comments about this issue have arised.
If it can't be fixed for some reason, is there at least a way to disable the new holy war mechanics?
Hope I don't sound entitled, I love this mod. Please help.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Am I the only one noticing this or why haven't I gotten any responses? Are the devs purpose fully ignoring me? I've posted about this several times. I'm not demanding a solution now, I just want to at least know if the devs are aware of this problem. Thanks and I'm sorry if I come off as too insistent.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I would say its working 80% of the time. The norm that I found is the Muslim bishops (whatever you'd call them) should convert but they dint, they kept their original religion instead...

Reactions:
This happens to me, so I went back to playing on ck2 2.8.3.4, so for other reasons, unfortunately Gaea Submod has not worked.

What just happened to me is that I was a Catholic under a Muslim liege, the king of Italy won the holy war for my title and gave me the option to bend the knee to him, which I accepted... And I remained a vassal of the Muslim liege. Not entirely related but still an issue with the holy war system.

I have had the same issue. I began a campaign as a Norse count in the Isles. My liege immediately got DoWed by Scotland, obviously lost and I got the option to convert and be vassalised by Scotland or game over. So I accept and I convert to Christianity but I remained a vassal of the King of the Isles. The rest of the vassal in the relevant Duchy were correctly vassalised.
All in all I've found the entire Frosty build to be a buggy mess (and generally a mess even when it's working as intended) in many ways. Largely in regards to vassal mechanics (holy wars, rebellions, bizarre inheritances) however in several other areas, too.

• 1Like
Reactions: