• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Seems that the Tundralli are doing quite well in comparison to most empires. Prospects seem bright, thus far.

Spiritualists, but. Grrr!

Chapter Three: Beginning of Federations
The year is 2245. Five years ago Chief Precentor Nome tal Gun was reelected for his third, twenty year term in such a position. Nome tal Gun had now been in power longer than any standing official in recent Tundralli history. He was now at age 75 but with the secrets unlocked by a crew of trusted and esteemed scientists, Gun’s life could be prolonged even further through breakthroughs in biology. As Chief Precentor for over sixty years, Gun had an enormous amount of influence within the Holy Oligarchy and despite his age most of the Oligarchy would stand with him for another term. This presented somewhat of a problem as the Holy Oligarchy was to be structured as a democratic dynasty and not a feudal monarchy. With Gun’s long lasting term in power and acquired influence over the last six decades within the Oligarchy he was able to control and manipulate much of what was done for the Tundralli Union. He was now in a sense an elder emperor of millennia's past from the dark ages of the Tundralli’s beginnings. Of course the truths of this was not seen by the public as the Holy Oligarchy has always been somewhat secretive in their ordeals but with yet another term as Chief Precentor the Holy Oligarchy’s ability to govern proper was now in question more than ever.

RZwNa9s.jpg

Nome tal Gun wore his ceremonial robes and prepared himself for a public speech of epic proportions. Masses of Tundralli were outside the Holy Oligarchy Chamber Halls, a large construct which held generations of governors for Tundralli’s modern history. It was built somewhat as a palace and somewhat as a governing center for those who held power in the Oligarchy and as Nome tal Gun continued down the hallway towards an open balcony, which held many speeches for the Oligarchy, he could hear the masses outside cheering for him. Gun would step forward onto the celebratory balcony with high applause from his constituents as the masses of Tundralli civilians cheered for their beloved Precentor.

dHjWWaR.jpg

“Citizens of our blessed Union!” Nome tal Gun paused for a moment, basking in his own glorified ego as the bright star of Frostule laid a ray of light onto him like a spotlight in an old opera. He looked casually to his left and right, admiring the vast crowd of thousands who waited to hear him speak before continuing,”I come to you today with significant news and confidence within our ranks. For decades now I have brought peace and stability to our Union. For decades I have allowed you, the people, to voice your concerns to me and have I not acted on your will? Have I not allowed our Union to prosper for generations? My thanks is to you, dear citizens, for electing me yet again for it has been a privilege and an honor to serve.”

The crowd nearly calmed and tal Gun’s voice was amplified through broadcast so not only those who came to the Holy Oligarchy Chamber Halls could hear, but those in the colonies could watch and listen as well through national news programs.

“News of an interstellar federation has reached us. An alien group of like-minded individuals, of whom we have not encountered for long, have banded together and formed what is known as the ‘Favorable Compact’. While we recognize this venture into a peaceful galactic union, we the Tundralli will form our own federation. We will form it with those who have stayed by our side through darkness and through light. We will band together and take on the challenges that the galaxy presents and persevere. The Tundralli Union will be a galactic power in our stars or not at all! Join me in applause as we take our first steps to Galactic Greatness! This could not be done without you dear citizens! We the Holy Oligarchy are in your debt and together with those such as the Pogovon Empire we will go forth on this federation of ours with the upmost care and confidence! We will go forward as you have done so on our outlying colonies of Kularna and Khinelu. We will go forward and we will prosper!”

Nome tal Gun would continue addressing the people of the Tundralli Union for another fifteen minutes or so before becoming tired at his old age and returning indoors to rest. Millions of Tundralli and the future for their part of the galaxy rested in his hands, for if he was to bring darkness to the Tundralli, the Tundralli may never truly recover from it.

Where is the picture taken from?

At this point, the Chief Precentor has become a force unto himself within Tundralli life. This is a ruler to be taken seriously.

To be taken very seriously. The fact that he has been in power for so long is dangerous. Hopefully all will go well for the Tundralli.

Where is the picture taken from?

The picture illustrates the Holy Oligarchy Chamber Halls in the capital city of Tundron, the home planet of the Tundralli. The large street shown in the image was filled with witnesses during the Chief Precentor's grand speech. It was a sight to behold.