Holy site of deified ruler based on state religion deity gives 10% conversion penalty

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Herennius

Optimat
33 Badges
Mar 25, 2012
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pride of Nations
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III

Is it intended that a holy site for deified ruler (which bases a deity belonging to your state religion) gives a 10% penalty to conversion in the territory it is in?

AgathoklesHellenicDeity.jpg

HoleSiteofAgathokles.jpg

ConversionPenaltyInThermai.jpg

To reproduce with the save:

1. Load it
2. Investigate my state Religion and Pantheon, the holy site in Thermai and the conversion process in Thermai

Attachments

• 1.4.2HolySiteOfDeifiedRulerBasedOnStateReligionDeityCausingConversionPenalty.rome
    29,6 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Not a bug, all Holy Sites give the same -10% penalty. Your own Holy Sites of your own Gods, give a -10% penalty. Luckily, eavh deiefied ruler, gives a +15% bonus, up to 4. So you can get a +60% bonus to ALL provinces, not bad if I say so myself. But each province with a holy site is a -10%. I tend to just desecrate all holy sites that are NOT of my own faith and I keep my own, out of sheer principle.

I'm aware of the +15% bonus per deified ruler and yes, this might be no bug in a strict technical sense. However, I just don't get behind why a holy site for a god of my own religion gives a penalty here. For me it is a logical bug, that's why I reported it.

I'm aware of the +15% bonus per deified ruler and yes, this might be no bug in a strict technical sense. However, I just don't get behind why a holy site for a god of my own religion gives a penalty here. For me it is a logical bug, that's why I reported it.
Oh, I don't disagree with you in any way shape or form. I've just accepted it. I think a foreign faith Holy Site should be -10% and a domestic Holy Site should be +10%. But I've learned that this is not the hill I want to make my last stand on.

I also found this strange, although I don't believe that it's exclusive to deified rulers. From reading the 1.4 patch notes on the game's site I believe that the intended effect was to make holy sites harder to convert AWAY from the religion that the site belongs to, e.g. Olympia should be harder to convert FROM Hellenic because of the Shrine of Zeus located there. However the modifier seems to stay active no matter what, which has this effect--making it harder to convert a territory with a holy site TO the state religion.

TL;DR I agree with you, this doesn't seem to be working as intended. Someone at PDX needs to tweak the modifier to recognize whether the religion of the site matches the state religion of its owner, and disable the conversion penalty in such a case. (If anything, I'd argue that it should give a bonus to conversion.)