• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vorglich

Second Lieutenant
78 Badges
Jun 26, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
Hi everyone,

Being a huge fan of pagan gameplay, i'm very exited about the incoming New Reformation System, and for my own enjoyment and curiosity i'm trying to compile all the information given so far about the Doctrine List.
i'll include in a following post the Image we've also been given be it in DD proper, their comment Section, and also one from the Store.
Feel Free to correct and help me(including speculation if you have Confirmation or add Image that i might have missed

The List So Far(Italic are Speculation):

Nature:
  • Cosmopolitan: Allow Interfaith Marriage, GHW Enabled, Malus to Mission, Malus to Moral Authority
  • Proselytizing: Bonus to Mission, GHW Enabled, Lose Piety when at War against Faithful
  • Dogmatic: Bonus to Moral Authority, GHW Enabled, No Interfaith Marriage,Lose Piety when at War against Faithful
  • Unyielding: Armies are stronger when defending on home ground, Resistance to proselytizing ,GHW Enabled
  • Warmongering:Ruler do not receive Opinion penalties for raised vassal levies, GHW Enabled,Rulers are extremely aggressive, Rulers Lose Prestige when at peace for too long
  • Peaceful: Rulers are less likely to start wars, plots and factions, Rulers gain Piety while at Peace,Looting is Not Allowed, GHW Disabled

Doctrine:

• Astrology:Character are assigned Zodiac traits on birth and by decision, Grant access to the Hermetic Society
  • Haruspicy: Diviner read signs before a war to try to improve troop morale
  • Bloodthirsty Gods: Prisoners of different religion can be sacrificed for Piety, Sacrificing prisoners unlocks special traits and actions
  • Divine Marriage: Close-Kin Marriage is Allowed, Close-Kin Marriage among nobility is considered a Divine Union
  • Polygamy: Polygamy is Allowed
  • Meritocracy: Heir Designation is Allowed
  • Equality:Absolute Cognatic is Enforced, No Penalty for Female Ruler
  • Stability: Short Reign Penalty is Disabled, Ruler Can Spend Piety to increase Courtier Attribute
  • Unrelenting: Ignore Defensive Attrition, Army Offensive Bonus
  • Sea-Bound: Fleet can Navigate through Major Rivers. Ship Maintenance Reduced to 10%, AI Looter prefer coastal counties
  • Enatic Clans : Enatic Law is Enforced, No Penalty for Female Ruler, Allow Open Succession Law, No Male in the Council
  • Agnatic Clans: Agnatic Law is Enforced, Allow Open Succession Law, No Female in the Council, Matrilineal Marriages are Disabled
  • Ancestor Veneration:The Religious Head can decide upon dead ancestors to give special status, Allow Eldership Succession Law
  • Animistic: Units from True Faith Counties gain Bonus Moral, Characters get a Rite of Passage when reaching Adulthood
  • Daring: Prepared Invasions are Allowed
  • Monasticism : Allow to order subject to "Take the Vow" disqualifying them from succession, +2 Learning to all Follower of the Religion, Enforced Celibacy for Priest
  • Religious Tax : Tax on subjects of different religious group is Allowed
  • Syncretism : Rulers can choose to gain Sympathy with another faith by decisions.
  • Survivor of Ukko: Religion is Resistant to Proselytizing, Short Reign Penalty is Disabled (Suomenusko Exclusive)
  • Children of Perun: Fleet can Navigate through Major Rivers, Short Reign Penalty is Disabled, Ruler Can Spend Piety to increase Courtier Attribute(Slavic Exclusive)
  • Eternal Riders: Ignore Defensive Attrition, Army Offensive Bonus ,Polygamy is Allowed (Tengri Exculsive)
  • Defenders of Dievas: Religion is Resistant to Proselytizing, Enable Eldership Succession Law(Romuva Exclusive)
  • Sons of Ragnarok: Prepared Invasions are Allowed ,Fleet can Navigate through Major Rivers. Ship Maintenance Reduced to 10%, AI Looter prefer coastal counties(Germanic Exclusive)
  • Totem-Guardians: Ruler can order to "Take the Vows" , Extra Tax on Infidels, Allow Eldership Succession Law (African Exclusive)
  • Dawnbreakers: Polygamy is Allowed, Close-Kin Marriage is Allowed, Close-Kin Marriage amongst nobility is considered a Divine Union (Zun Exclusive)
  • Harmonious: Heir Designation is Allowed, Absolute Cognatic is Enforced, No Penalty for Female Ruler, Disallow Close-Kin Marriage (Bön Exclusive)
  • Invaders: Prisoners of different religion can be sacrificed for Piety, Sacrificing prisoners unlocks special traits and actions, Ignore Defensive Attrition, Army Offensive Bonus , Fleet can Navigate through Major Rivers. Ship Maintenance Reduced to 10% (Aztec Exclusive)
  • Civilized: Rulers can choose to gain Sympathy with another faith by decisions, Heir Designation is Allowed, Ruler do not receive Opinion penalties for raised vassal levies (Hellenism Exclusive)
Leadership:
  • Hierocratic: A Priest is put in charge of this Religion
  • Autocephalous: Each Realm has it Own Religious Head
  • Temporal: Reformer become Religious Head, Religious Head is a secular Title
  • Autonomous: Follower can pick a Branch,Follower gain an Attribute Bonus ,Can Never Have a Religious Head, GHW are not Allowed
EDIT: As of right now the list has been confirmed by the Devs to be complete, Many Thanks @Snow Crystal for his Sharing of many of them, and Also praise to the Whole Dev Team for making such an amazing game, Now we wait for the release to test those beauty for our-self

Last edited:
Cosmopolitan.png Proselytizing.png Dogmatic.pngPeaceful.png Unyielding.pngWarmongering.png

UnrelentingFeature.pngPolygamyFeature.pngClipboard01 (2).pngAgnatic Clans.pngEquality.pngAnimistic.pngMeritocracy.png Monasticism.png Religious Tax.png Stability.png Ancestor_Veneration.pngDivine Marriage.pngHaruspicy.png Sea-Bound.png Daring.png Astrology.pngSyncretism.pngBloodthirsty Gods.png

dawnbreakers.pngTengriFeature.pngHarmonious.pngTotem_Guardians.pngSons of Ragnarok.pngDefenders of Dievas.pngCivilized.pngSurvivors of Ukko.pngChildren of Perun.png Invaders.png

Temporal.png Autocephalous.png Autonomous.pngHierocratic.png

Last edited:
There must be some sort of benefit to adopt autocephaly or even no religious head.....

Otherwise why pick it over one that offers GHWs?

Maybe a stronger holy order? Or multiple Holy Orders? Or some kind of inherent stat bonus like Taoism and Bhuddism?

Also as someone who abuses Hermetics unconscionably, I hope they nerf that society properly so I don't have to pick Astrology every game (though considering Zunist is my primary pagan religion in my games might not need to.)

There must be some sort of benefit to adopt autocephaly or even no religious head.....

Otherwise why pick it over one that offers GHWs?

Maybe a stronger holy order? Or multiple Holy Orders? Or some kind of inherent stat bonus like Taoism and Bhuddism?

Also as someone who abuses Hermetics unconscionably, I hope they nerf that society properly so I don't have to pick Astrology every game (though considering Zunist is my primary pagan religion in my games might not need to.)

I'm not sure leadership dissalow the use of Great Holy War, maybe just how they are called?

and for Zunist, seeing how Exclusive Doctrine seem to be made (With Tengri as Exemple) its highly likely that the Zunist Exlusive is a Combination of Astrology and Another Doctrine

Just to get the names correct in your list
  • "Defenders of Dievas" (Romuva Exclusive)
  • "Sons of Ragnarok" (Germanic Exclusive)
  • "Totem-Guardians" (African Exclusive)
  • "Dawnbreakers" (Zun Exclusive)
  • "Harmonious" (Bön Exclusive)
  • "Invaders" (Aztec Exclusive)
  • "Ancestor Veneration" is the correct name for Ancestor Worship
  • "Enatic Clans" is the correct name for the matriarchies

Thanks, Updating, and Adding the Image to the Second Post for ease of access, now that I started the compiling i'm starting to get a way better picture of everything that'll be possible, i'm getting even more exited about this :D

Ok, so a bit of Fun there, from what i'm seeing:

Dogmatic? + Polygamy+Agnatic Clans + Temporal and you basically have Islam?
and
Peaceful + Stability+Meritocracy + Autonomous and you have Jain?

Also note this paragraph:

While most features will be available to all pagan religions, they will all have one unique doctrine that only they can pick. This is to enhance the differences between the various unreformed pagan faiths. The Germanic special feature will, for example, contain Seafaring and Prepared Invasions - something the other religions must spend two doctrine slots to get.

Doctrine:
  • Prepared invasions: gives acess to Prepared Invasions

• Sons of Ragnarok: (Germanic Exclusive) Sea-Bound + Prepared Invasions

How Could i forget this? direct quote from the DD i read a million time, thanks for the reminder, that makes 14 (for now?) Doctrine without counting the Exclusive. so much posibility