• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaiserAndy123

Recruit
29 Badges
Jan 20, 2021
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
To start off with myself:

Many people have been complaining about De-Stalinized lyrics for the USSR anthem in our new Eastern Front Music pack. I, however, think it's perfectly fine to have the '77 version because we're all more familiar with it anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Many people have been complaining about De-Stalinized lyrics for the USSR anthem in our new Eastern Front Music pack. I, however, think it's perfectly fine to have the '77 version because we're all more familiar with it anyway.

Fully agree. A historically complete representation of WWII with all accompanying circumstances is something that nobody outside an closed psychiatric ward should be willing to play - I definitely support the "clean" version PDX presents.

• 13Like
Reactions:
Commies on life support when the second biggest murderer in history isn't endorsed. Should we have gotten Horst Wessel Lied in the axis radio pack as well guys?
Stalin isn't that popular these days, actually, even among Stalinists that worship the Soviet Union. It's pretty unlikely anyone would care about this for political reasons.

This seems like a silly comment, borderline troll baiting.

Reactions:
Opinion (not sure if unpopular) In fear of feature bloating I dont want more expansions introducing even more features and mechanics. I want Hearts of Iron 5.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Stalin isn't that popular these days, actually, even among Stalinists that worship the Soviet Union. It's pretty unlikely anyone would care about this for political reasons.

Yeah no, there are tons of people on the internet justifying and denying his crimes, for example the Holodomor deniers.

• 13Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
My unpopular opinions:

The AI in Hoi4 is pretty good. It gives most players several hundred hours of fun.

The battleplaner is a high sophisticated tool that does a good job in automating thousands of necessary clicks.

(No that’s really not sarcastic :p )

• 12Haha
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Fully agree. A historically complete representation of WWII with all accompanying circumstances is something that nobody outside an closed psychiatric ward should be willing to play - I definitely support the "clean" version PDX presents.
Imagine this guy when he finds out thousands of people play TNO, with Burgundy and all. Do you know how much text is in that mod that is obviously morally messed up? And all the mechanics for Germany and Burgundy? Come on dude. These kind of things have their audience. No need for exclaiming "everyone who disagrees belongs in a closed psychiatric ward"

Reactions:
My unpopular opinions:

The AI in Hoi4 is pretty good. It gives most players several hundred hours of fun.

The battleplaner is a high sophisticated tool that does a good job in automating thousands of necessary clicks.

(No that’s really not sarcastic :p )
Oof, gotta admit, that one really hit a nerve in me.

• 4Haha
Reactions:

That is what he does.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Imagine this guy when he finds out thousands of people play TNO, with Burgundy and all. Do you know how much text is in that mod that is obviously morally messed up? And all the mechanics for Germany and Burgundy? Come on dude. These kind of things have their audience. No need for exclaiming "everyone who disagrees belongs in a closed psychiatric ward"
TNO is downright cartoonish in its villainy (seriously, wanting thermonuclear war because you failed to kill Hitler?), it’s easy to divorce your sense of reality from it. WWII still has a very clear effect on many national consciousnesses and is within a century of the present.

Besides, how much would having a completely historical game improve the game itself? What does an “Open the Camps” button add? Or a “Begin the experiments” button?

• 3Like
Reactions:
  • Newer focus trees have been great. Focus trees are basically required for nations to be interesting as there's only really a few cheese strategies available to nations with the default focus tree due to the guarantee system. People complaining about "meme focuses" are prioritizing history > gameplay to a fault. Giving Poland nukes through focuses doesn't matter because nukes do very little in this game. They're glorified confetti bombs that are better suited to sniping individual airports than anything else. The amount of uproar the recent Poland dev diary had was ridiculous.
  • The naval rework from MtG was a massive waste of time that didn't make naval warfare particularly more strategically engaging.
  • The peace conference and war participation systems aren't just bad, they're the biggest issues in the game by quite a margin, and they've been this way since 1.0. The amount of campaigns I've had ruined from not grinding warscore to the game's liking has surpassed every other issue in the game combined. The fact that we're still dealing with this nonsense 5 years after the game's release is absurd.
  • Line artillery has been bad for a while now. 10/0 > 7/2, and 20/0 > 14/4. This opinion is getting less unpopular, thankfully.
  • PVP strategies don't work in higher level PVE. Saying "anything works against the AI" is cringeworthy because it implies you're never challenging yourself with hard starts.

• 16Like
Reactions:
  • Newer focus trees have been great. Focus trees are basically required for nations to be interesting as there's only really a few cheese strategies available to nations with the default focus tree due to the guarantee system. People complaining about "meme focuses" are prioritizing history > gameplay to a fault. Giving Poland nukes through focuses doesn't matter because nukes do very little in this game. They're glorified confetti bombs that are better suited to sniping individual airports than anything else. The amount of uproar the recent Poland dev diary had was ridiculous.
while i dont disagree with this in principle, there is quite a lot of wiggle room in the realm of alt-hist. i would much prefer more plausible scenarios to pure memes.
  • The naval rework from MtG was a massive waste of time that didn't make naval warfare particularly more strategically engaging.
mtg naval video when?
  • The peace conference and war participation systems aren't just bad, they're the biggest issues in the game by quite a margin, and they've been this way since 1.0. The amount of campaigns I've had ruined from not grinding warscore to the game's liking has surpassed every other issue in the game combined. The fact that we're still dealing with this nonsense 5 years after the game's release is absurd.
so much this
  • Line artillery has been bad for a while now. 10/0 > 7/2, and 20/0 > 14/4. This opinion is getting less unpopular, thankfully.
20-0 and 14-4 have completely different use cases. you wouldn't use 20-0 as japan to take singapore and raj.
  • PVP strategies don't work in higher level PVE. Saying "anything works against the AI" is cringeworthy because it implies you're never challenging yourself with hard starts.
fax.

if anything works against the ai, use higher difficulty, buff your enemies in the game rules, use expert ai. there's so many ways of making this game more challenging, using trash because it works doesn't make it not trash.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I don't get why tno is so popular. Besides the dead horse that is the ui, and the fundamental problem of matching visual novel storytelling to hoi4s core gameplay, the stories and setting are just so edgy. It's like some 12 year old's sasuke uchiha x shadow the hedgehog slashfic level of edge. The axis won the war so the oceans of the world turned blaaaaaaack. It's at best unengaging and at worst insulting. Honestly the entire mod would be better off as a collection of alternate history horror stories.

Edit: it is, imo, the 50 shades of hoi4 mods. Wildly popular for no discernable reason.

• 6Like
Reactions:

- im one of those many. Although in my not so humble opinion USSR anthem shouldnt even be included to begin with. Sacred War or even International would fit much better than 70's variant of anthem from 1943.

Reactions:
I don't get why tno is so popular. Besides the dead horse that is the ui, and the fundamental problem of matching visual novel storytelling to hoi4s core gameplay, the stories and setting are just so edgy. It's like some 12 year old's sasuke uchiha x shadow the hedgehog slashfic level of edge. The axis won the war so the oceans of the world turned blaaaaaaack. It's at best unengaging and at worst insulting. Honestly the entire mod would be better off as a collection of alternate history horror stories.

Edit: it is, imo, the 50 shades of hoi4 mods. Wildly popular for no discernable reason.
- meh. Its still better than vanillas - "you are communist now, Hirohito san". At least TNO's narrative has some meat on its bones. Not to mention that 12 years old edgelords are main Pdx fanbase nowadays anyway.

Reactions:
I don't get why tno is so popular. ... It's like some 12 year old's sasuke uchiha x shadow the hedgehog slashfic level of edge.
You answered your own question.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.