• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm just waiting for a scandal involving a paradox grand lan getting ddos'd for the entirety of the event and then have tencent buy the rest of the company with a lower value while johan starts paying attention to yuan value

• 7Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions:
The HoI4 multiplayer Discord servers discuss these DDOS.

1627330653614.png

1627330753809.png

1627331117026.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is it possible to setup a firewall rule to block all HoI4 traffic except for the IP addresses of the individuals that would like to join the server?

I am going on the assumption that the lobbies are hosted are decentralised.

Can you explain what this means?
If a hostile person knows my IP, what can they do?
Nothing they couldn't do already.

It's not as if an IP number is a big secret. Anyone that's connected to the internet has a public, globally unique IP number. And a domain name associated with it.

Anyone can try to send unsolicited traffic to any IP number at any time, on any TCP port number.

However, depending on how your router/firewall is configured, you probably won't notice anything. But if you have, say, an Ubuntu Linux box and have enabled logging on your firewall, you will notice hundreds of connection attempts on your IP number each and every day.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hey there! We are aware of this issue, but unfortunately it's extremely hard to pin down. We are working on it though!

• 12Like
Reactions: