HOI4 - Development Diary - September 9th 2016

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Question about modding: Is "artillery" the support company or "artillery_brigade"? I've seen those used differently in different files.

I've never seen you say it wasn't possible, just that you weren't sure why it wasn't working when I reported it as a bug.

So we'll never see (for example) 103e Division d'Infanterie, 104e Division d'Infanterie, etc. rolling off the French production line?

I'm confused as to why this system was implemented and has localization if it never worked in the first place.

It's annoying. Could it be fixed with a mod?

Reactions:
I love that you have decided to integrate mods, and use the ideas from ones which are popular with also doing your own version of "More Division Icons" to. I hope this is something you will keep an eye on, and continue to consider adding mods or aspects of popular mods in the future.

Reactions:
That may have to do with the AI being unhappy with expanding the front line. Usually pushing a single province means there are now 3 or 4 angles of attack onto your units instead of just 1.
In these particular cases this would be a math error, because by taking that last province the AI actually reduces the front size, by eliminating front on that area altogether :)

Personally i'm attributing it to the code which makes the AI disable front planning if there's less than X provinces for it to claim. It supposedly switches then to 'micro approach' whatever it means, which appears to fail in some cases like this.

Reactions:
Among mods the most popular ones are cosmetic. Here are the top 3:
  • Colored Buttons
  • More Division Icons
  • Flavor Names extended
Any plans to ask the creators of these mods whether you can integrate them into the game as well (like the Enhanced Peace Conference AI mod)?

Reactions:
I've never seen you say it wasn't possible, just that you weren't sure why it wasn't working when I reported it as a bug.
Then I've forgotten or wasn't clear. I poked a programmer who said it's not possible with the current system.
I'm confused as to why this system was implemented and has localization if it never worked in the first place.
Iterative processes. The magic of game development.
It may very well be that someone was told to make the patterns or names for other things and threw in the army one just in case it was needed. Maybe took it from HOI3.
In the 1 and a half years I've been on the project it has not been used.

You can write a suggestion on how you would like it to work on the mod forum and ping me.

Reactions:
We are also looking at integrating the Enhanced Peace Conference AI mod into the patch, because frankly it works well and its creator is a nice guy who gave us permission

Wow...

Please, can you fix the flags of Slovakia? :)
Fascist used this warcross:

And democratic version uses flag of Slovenia, instead of modern Slovakia. :/

Attachments

• 900px-War_ensign_of_the_First_Slovak_Republic.svg.png
    900px-War_ensign_of_the_First_Slovak_Republic.svg.png
    15 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: