HOI4 - Development Diary - September 28th 2016

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wait so the team behind the game is getting axed for a smaller team?

That's a lesson for me I guess, never preorder expansions again.

Reactions:
Why is Podcat no longer Project Lead? Just curious.

Just armchair opinion, but generally a project extends well beyond "just" the game that is the centrepiece of the project. So being project lead means less time fiddling with the game and more time being an office administrator. So maybe he just wanted more time to work on the game itself.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Good to hear who the team is!

Wait so the team behind the game is getting axed for a smaller team?

They don't need all the infrastructure any more, just additional content. That doesn't require such a large team, so they can move people on to other projects. Expansions are never as big as the base game.

@KimchiViking Made me chuckle to see from a fellow xViking (I'm MordredViking on YouTube). Go team Viking!

Reactions:
Thanks it is good to get to know the team better!

If you read the forum you will read me bitching about many things that you have worked on. I do this from love! I love HoI and think it can be the Greatest strategic WW II games ever! I just hope to poke development in the direction I want it to go. I know selfish of me. For the 20% I bitch about, does mean that the 80% remaining I love. So I want to Thank You All making a great game that has given me much pleasure!

If I can help just let me know!

Reactions:
Why do you keep insisting on not calling it Vicky III? :(
Yeah... I would need a bit more info about those last 2 [there's a chocoalte bar in it for you ;) ]
Its Rome II and Rome III. What else could it be?

Why is Podcat no longer Project Lead? Just curious.
With our company size its no longer possible to be programmer, designer and project lead in one person (which is how we used to do things when we did most of the older projects and for a large portion of HOI4 development). Our project leads traditionally used to be the person with "The Vision", but now we call that Game Director and limit responsibility to design, so each project has a project lead in charge of resource and time management. Means more time to work on cool ideas and less excel spread sheets for me and a lot less overtime :)

Reactions:
Welcome to the community, Kimchi.

Just a suggestion. Get the whip out and punish everyone not working hard enough on patches 1.3 through 1.7. These nerds need a harsh Mistress. :D

EDIT:

Plus we need EU:Rome 2

Reactions:
I have a question. Who is the most successful in the dev mp games you play and why?
Honestly? Probably Daniel. (Former embedded QA. I assume you know who he is via World War Wednesday streams.) Crazy skills. Playing the game, every day, for years will do that to you.
That being said, I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of Dan, Ilya, Carl or... eh. Forget it. Everyone. ;)

Reactions:
One Day Paradox is going to release Rome II & no one will believe it so sales will be very bad.

I hope this time it will be an own game and not a cheap, shoddy spinoff like Sengoku or March of the Eagles. If the former, the sales should be fine, if not, it will be the same mess as the first time.

Reactions:
keep hassling the company to squeeze buying a real tank into the PR budget. Sometimes I even think I've convinced Fredrik

http://www.milweb.net/classifieds.php?type=1
http://www.mortarinvestments.eu/products/armoured-vehicles-4#currency=USD

My proudest achievement for HoI so far was when I added a test DLC that replaced Hitler with an anime girl.
When is that going to be available for purchase? Actually... can we get a full anime leaders pack? I would pay like ten bucks for that, if it were sufficient in scope!

Good to hear who the team is!

They don't need all the infrastructure any more, just additional content. That doesn't require such a large team, so they can move people on to other projects. Expansions are never as big as the base game.

@KimchiViking Made me chuckle to see from a fellow xViking (I'm MordredViking on YouTube). Go team Viking!

*cough* AI *cough*

Honestly? Probably Daniel. (Former embedded QA. I assume you know who he is via World War Wednesday streams.) Crazy skills. Playing the game, every day, for years will do that to you.
That being said, I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of Dan, Ilya, Carl or... eh. Forget it. Everyone. ;)
I see...
*adds to list*

Reactions: