HOI4 - Development Diary - 5th of August 2016

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I guess what I'm getting at is that it would be stupid to put an art DLC (EG: More leader portraits) on hold because of AI issues. The two things have nothing to do with each other.

+1 for this - same with scripting and other non-related content as well.

Reactions:
So... what? They should just sit on DLC that's ready to go because the game AI doesn't bear the "General Slim Seal of Approval"?

DLC thats ready to go? Game has only been out a few months and dev have been on holiday for half that time.

scumbag-video-game-companies.jpeg

Reactions:
You realize that the artists don't work on the AI right? It's a totally separate part of the team. They don't have to sit on their hands all day at work just because you're unhappy with a part of the game that has nothing to do with them.

People moaning about DLC always makes me roll my eyes, because no one is forcing you to buy anything, least of all stuff like cosmetic portraits, and unique focus trees for minor nations. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Reactions:
The dlc for HoI 3 was great though, so I have high hopes for the HoI 4 dlc to come.
You mean the 50 sprite packs?

J/k, I know you mean the expansions. Took them 4 years to get HoI3 to HoI2-standards though.

Reactions:
HOI3 with all the expansions is still a barely functional mess.
From my point of view HOI3 TFH it's shining and way better than HOI2: brigades/battalions, OOB, practicals, research, supply system, real air units based on carriers, alert systems in case of invasions, theaters, war goals, strategic resources, more than 10,000 provinces, province names, etc. I have to admit, though, that I play it only modded.
The only thing I see better in HOI4 is the split between production and training.

I would fund right now an expansion of HOI3 with an improved:
1) production system
2) supply system
3) OOB handling

Reactions:
HOI3 with all the expansions is still a barely functional mess.

Whether that is true or not, I know I still got a hell of a lot of enjoyment out of HOI III, of course the experience did improve a great deal with the expansions, mods, etc.. Unfortunately major mod projects, and expansion packs take a long time to come to fruition...

Reactions:
Reactions: