HoI4 DevDiary - Art and Achievements

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I did it at first try with a guide.

Do the faction trick to get Albania and Yugoslavia.
Join Axis.
Justify on Bulgaria. Declare war. Allies will enter, don't care. Defend your ports. Capitulate Bulgaria.
Justify on Romania. Declare war. WW2 should start around here. Get Banat before Hungary joins the Axis. Capitulate Romania.
Justify on Turkey. Declare war. Encircle them in Europe before moving to Asia. Be careful about Italian naval invasions taking needed states, check their plans. Capitulate Turkey.
Click button to become purple and get the achievement.
Soviet Union will justify on you soon if you control Bessarabia or Bukovina. Give them to Germany if you want a breeze to defeat the UK with paratroopers before fighting the Soviets.

I actually know this guide but it requires Vichy France to form below turkey. Without it, turkey is flooded with Allied troops and you'll lose. That's what happened to me sadly. Though i didn't do the turkey entitlement so i might have to try that one. But i had a game where Vichy France never formed. :(

Ive had games where Romania held on and devoured my manpower and i couldn't push with my 7-2 divisions. A guide is useful but the game plays out differently each time and requires a certain set of circumstances every time.

For Byzantine, as Greece I took Bulgaria and Yugo before they got guaranteed, then joined Axis, attacked Albania, was at war with Italy, occupied them completly, cored them to get their factories and manpower and after that it was easy rolling since you just play a regular Italy game more or less, just not controlled from the start.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
For Byzantine, as Greece I took Bulgaria and Greece before they got guaranteed, then joined Axis, attacked Albania, was at war with Italy, occupied them completly, cored them to get their factories and manpower and after that it was easy rolling since you just play a regular Italy game more or less, just not controlled from the start.

How exactly did you beat Italy that early? o_O they should have double your army manpower and factories.

Not to mentiin their air force should dominate yours.

How exactly did you beat Italy that early? o_O they should have double your army manpower and factories.

Not to mentiin their air force should dominate yours.

Naval Invasions are your friend. When you stall, just navally invade further up the peninsula.

Naval Invasions are your friend. When you stall, just navally invade further up the peninsula.

You do not have the manpower nor resources to fund a two pronged attack. You -barely- have enough by 1940 to wield one army, 1-2 tanks and people to garrison your ports. So unless im missing something, you aren't using the 7-2 template then for both attacks, or you are short handing either the naval invasion or the front line. Not to mention, Italy's navy should crap on your tiny one in a heart beat.

Looking good, just 3 achievements giving me bad vibes...

finnish_him.jpg
Finnish him: As Finland, defeat the Soviet Union without joining a faction

I hope "defeating" the USSR doesn't mean holding all of its cores like it was supposed to be originally?
Otherwise I'll just wait for Germany to do it..

were_putting_the_band_back_together.jpg
We’re Putting the Band Back Together: As Turkey, be in a faction with Germany and Austria-Hungary.

How? Did I miss a Turkish focus for the restoration of the AHE?
I really hope this is not a RNG cheevo..

hardly_anything_severes.jpg
Hardly Anything Sèvres: As the Ottoman Empire, hold the capitals of France, the United Kingdom, Italy, and Japan.

At least there's only 1 world conquest cheevo (that I can spot).
I'll take it, it could be worse...

And finally something I wanted to do for some time:
totally_not_cool_bromania.jpg
Totally Not Cool, Bromania: As Romania, change sides in the war and capitulate a former ally.

I mean, I'm happy Romania can finally do this (hopefully in the future Finland as well without having to capitulate), but thinking about it, you'll probably have to trow out Germany's game on purpose...
That is if Germany doesn't win regardless..

• 1Like
Reactions:
Looking good, just 3 achievements giving me bad vibes...

I hope "defeating" the USSR doesn't mean holding all of its cores like it was supposed to be originally?
Otherwise I'll just wait for Germany to do it..

How? Did I miss a Turkish focus for the restoration of the AHE?
I really hope this is not a RNG cheevo..

At least there's only 1 world conquest cheevo (that I can spot).
I'll take it, it could be worse...

And finally something I wanted to do for some time:

I mean, I'm happy Romania can finally do this (hopefully in the future Finland as well without having to capitulate), but thinking about it, you'll probably have to trow out Germany's game on purpose...
That is if Germany doesn't win regardless..

Should be alot more world conquest cheevos honestly, but since theres not, it does showcase these countries that -can't- WQ. Glad to see Turkey can though!

Reactions:
Tsar Boris dies from bad health in 1943 and is succeeded by Tsar Simeon II, who is a f-cking child. Good luck. Btw Simeon II later became the Prime Minister of the Republic of Bulgaria in 2005, making him one of only 2 monarchs to later become a democratically elected leader after losing the throne in human history.

Now I'm curious - who is the other one?

I disagree with some turkish Icons since the beginning of World War I [German Empire and Ottoman Empire] had already equipped their Infantry with Grenades.

That Mechanized Icon should rather look like a Skoda TH7 then that nice colorfully looking Generic one.

The World War I Tank Icon should changed to something that looks like a T-26 then Renault FT-17.

Modern Tank Icon looks like turkish T-55 but they have never used something like that while something an M46/47/48 Patton Tank Series Icon would better fit since they are still using them today and even modernizing it.

Btw there are many things that already got mentioned on the Dev Diary of Turkey: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/hoi4-dev-diary-turkey.1426547/

• 1Like
Reactions:
The DLC also comes with a set of tech icons for the three new nations, plus some 3d art to go along with it. I quite like the Battlecruiser, the ex-German SMS Moltke, which will be a unique model for Turkey.

View attachment 637985
There is military march dedicated to this battlecruiser named "Yavuz":

Thanks for icons and portraits, all look great.

I wish there was also achievement for Turan.

The DLC also includes three new music tracks. You can listen to one of them (“Final Frontier”) here:
Song captures soul of Turkish nation as mix of west and east. Composer did great job!

Last edited:
Reactions:
We’re Putting the Band Back Together: As Turkey, be in a faction with Germany and Austria-Hungary.

So, basically, play ahistorical, pray to the RNG gods that Austria-Hungary is formed, join faction and puppet Germany. Theres no way you'll get such good RNG that both Germany and Hungary goes non-aligned on the same game, that's like 1 in a thousand chance.
Unless Austria-Hungary is somehow formable during peace conferences, so you can just go to war with everyone.

Reactions:
Should be alot more world conquest cheevos honestly, but since theres not, it does showcase these countries that -can't- WQ. Glad to see Turkey can though!

Why? There's a point when you're just doing the same stuff no matter the country you're playing, thus becoming repetitive, boring and unimaginative.
I think the game already has enough WQ cheevos, at least if they make more that they be upfront about it like the "One Empire", and not "you just need these provinces, that happens to belong to every major!" like the Aus-Hun or the old Chinese cheevos.

• 1Like
Reactions: