HoI4 DevDiary - Art and Achievements

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would like to see a focus that's the opposite of "Divide Yugoslavia", breaking Romania into the 3 old principalities. But I would like it to happen under a reasonable pretext. The pretext "We need autonomy for the slavs in Transylvania" when there were less than 8% slavs in Transylvania is laughably unrealistic. It's not unrealistic like Japan goes communist, but unrealistic like "France demands autonomy for French in Catalonia".

Transylvania's population censuses:

YearTotalRomaniansHungariansGermansSzékelys[a]Notes
19205,114,21458.3%26.7%9.7%-Romanian statistics
19305,548,36357.8%24.4%9.8%-Romanian population census[83]
19485,761,12765.1%25.7%5.8%

According to the last censuses, Transylvania was about >58% Romanian, 24% Hungarian and 10% German. That leaves only 8% other ethnicites, including Jews. Granting autonomy to all of Transylvania for >8% of the population breaks immersion. Because it's not an unlikely scenario, it's logically impossible.

Yugoslavia could have the same focus, but rename it "Break the Great Union" or "Divide Greater Romania". Something that doesn't imply Transylvania got separated from the rest of Romania to grant autonomy for >8% of its population.

That's what I meant, break it into three smaller puppets and give a way to claim Banat from Romania since they did claim it previously, despite the large numbers of Romanians there, similar to Romanian claim to West Banat despite large numbers of Serbians there.

Reactions:
Turkish Modern Tank Icon should be changed which not looks like an T-55 instead M-46/47/48 Series since Turkey is maybe the most noticeable User after USA of that Tank Series.

2.png

This would also not require new modeling just a reskin of the M46 Tank Model of USA.

@Archangel85 @Buzz! @BjornB @podcat

M-47 Tank Series in Turkish Army:

m47.jpgm47-2.jpgm47-3.png

M-48 Tank Series in Turkish Marine Corps and Army:

m48.pngm48marine.jpgm48.jpeg

M-48 - M68 Gun Variant in Turkish Marine Corps:

marines and m48-m69gun.jpg

M-48 - M68 Gun Variant from Winter Exercices of Turkish Army from 2019:

46483791614_5b85a61d85_b.jpgM48 with m68gun.jpgm48-m69gun snow.pngm48-winter.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
Looking good!

Don't care much for achievements, I admit, but looking forward to that changelog.
Can't be too many weeks left til they start DDs on the next DLCs either, I hope :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can't be too many weeks left til they start DDs on the next DLCs either, I hope

Agreed. I would expect maybe one DD inbetween the two DD cycles.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Turkey arent in desert We have a lot forest, plains and snowy moutains

Pls do palins and forrest for Turkey in game
they said in the Turkey dev diary they changed it, although there are also desert like areas in Anatolia.

Reactions:
I would like to file two complaints, about why formation of Arabia has not reworked for Collie, and why Hoofin' It is bugged?

tf pdx.png

With SFNR (Phase 2 currently is for 1.9), forming Arabia only requires the Arabian Peninsula without British colonies, just that. Yet on 1.10 we still need to kick out both Italy, Spain, and Allies to even form it. Please fix that and move the other state requirements into additional decisions, just like Ottoman's Vilayets and Byzantine Triumphs.

Second, the required states for "Hoofin' It" is a bit bugged, because Hejaz (678) and Rub al-Khali (679) is not required for the achievement, yet the British colonies is required...... Fix that to only include the peninsula without the British colonies.

Thank you so much

@Meka66, how?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I can't see the 1.10 'Collie' Update in my Properties of the game. Last Update that I can see under Properties is the 1.9.3
1.10.1 is the new default - the "NONE - Opt out of all beta programmes" option. What does it say in the launcher (bottom left corner) when you start the game?

Edit: also, Battle for the Bosporus should be listed as "installed" under DLC in your Steam client, so you can check that, too.

Reactions:
1.10.1 is the new default - the "NONE - Opt out of all beta programmes" option. What does it say in the launcher (bottom left corner) when you start the game?

Edit: also, Battle for the Bosporus should be listed as "installed" under DLC in your Steam client, so you can check that, too.

Thanks a lot, it did help. :) I was expecing, to see it as it was with the other updates. Now is ok.

I have though another problem. I can't play a game with achievements.
I was editing very few things but though I did undo all and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game, I still have that red cross forbiding me to play for achievements. I deleted as well the entire "Hearts of Iron IV" in "Paradox Interactive" folder, but it still says that I am running some cheats or whatever. Which is not the case.
Where is somehing stored, which compromises my game?

Thanks a lot, it did help. :) I was expecing, to see it as it was with the other updates. Now is ok.

I have though another problem. I can't play a game with achievements.
I was editing very few things but though I did undo all and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game, I still have that red cross forbiding me to play for achievements. I deleted as well the entire "Hearts of Iron IV" in "Paradox Interactive" folder, but it still says that I am running some cheats or whatever. Which is not the case.
Where is somehing stored, which compromises my game?
Try to validate the game files, the directory would reverts the file that you just have edited to its original state.

Reactions: