HoI4 DevDiary - Art and Achievements

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why? There's a point when you're just doing the same stuff no matter the country you're playing, thus becoming repetitive, boring and unimaginative.
I think the game already has enough WQ cheevos, at least if they make more that they be upfront about it like the "One Empire", and not "you just need these provinces, that happens to belong to every major!" like the Aus-Hun or the old Chinese cheevos.

I mean, I say its alot more things to do than just playing a small country, taking the small countries around you and then calling it quits around 1941 cause you cant do anything more. At least with the WQ as other nations, you have other strategys you have to do for each country, you have to account for if you have any democratic nations around you to cause issues with the allies. I mean, bulgaria is just going to be take Romania, Greece, Turkey, Hungary, Yugoslavia and call it a day. I don't really find ending my games at 1941 because my country can't do anything more boring, where as if you play Italy or UK or germany, depending on how you play, your game can extend well into 1950.

And it's NICE that we get more countries to play Map Painter with because that's fun and quite a bit of people of hoi4 enjoy playing the alt-history and fantasy stuff and whats a bigger fantasy that uniting the world under a singular nation?

View attachment 637988

Turns out NATO doesn’t seem to have a proper counter for Camelry (an oversight on our part, I’m sure), so we made our own.
I am lovin' the "NATO symbol" for camel troops, but the Somaliland Camel Corps only had one company of camelry by 1936, so I'm not sure the Brits really qualify for it. The Raj, on the other hand, used camels relatively extensively in the North-West areas of the subcontinent.

Reactions:
Love the "They Might Be Giants" reference! Can't wait!

• 2Like
Reactions:
That first achievement confirms it: the next big DLC will be focused on Italy and the USSR. I'm predicting it will be called "Bella Ciao."

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Very Important Question:

Do camels deal bonus damage against cavalry?
Actually, from what they said...in most cases Camel Cavalry are worse than Horse Cavalry except in Deserts.

Reactions:
That first achievement confirms it: the next big DLC will be focused on Italy and the USSR. I'm predicting it will be called "Bella Ciao."
Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath for both.

A few of these achievements seem impossible in Historical and so getting them is an exercise in restarting until the AI chooses the right focuses
The second thing is true, but if you didn't know, the AI adapts to what you do if you take alt routes in historical. If you take Democratic Germany, the AI will make France or Britain fascist for instance and force you into a war on two fronts. I assume for ones like the Central Powers, it's totally possible that the AI will be influenced by you to go down those routes if you do.

• 1Like
Reactions:
As part of the free update, Edwin Barclay, President of Liberia, now has his own portrait:

View attachment 637979
Got me thinking, shouldn't the importance of Liberia as the only source of rubber for the Allies and a supply transit place be referenced in some way in the game?

The second thing is true, but if you didn't know, the AI adapts to what you do if you take alt routes in historical. If you take Democratic Germany, the AI will make France or Britain fascist for instance and force you into a war on two fronts. I assume for ones like the Central Powers, it's totally possible that the AI will be influenced by you to go down those routes if you do.
Probably not as many trees mean you get locked into an ideology early on in the tree

Reactions: