HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll believe it when I see it. In the reddit thread podcat claimed this were just a typo but as far as I can tell there simply is no portrait file of Diaz (with the correct format) in the base game.
No, the problem is there are two portraits of Diaz and the script points to the wrong one.

Jose Diaz has had a unique portrait in the base game for as long as I am aware (it was possibly added in a post-release patch but it was certainly there when I purchased the game mid 2017 or so). When La Resistance shipped, it came with a brand new portrait for him but at the time it wouldn't show up in game. People noticed this, bug reported it, and it got "fixed" in the sense that with La Resistance, Diaz now displays the new portrait. However, in their haste to fix this missing portrait they also changed the DLC-free section of the script (there are in fact two completely different script blocks for Jose Diaz because the La Resistance version has a trait that the DLC-free version does not) and so now the DLC-free Diaz looks for a portrait file which is DLC-locked. But the original portrait is still in the files and it's literally one line that needs to change to fix it. It's also worth noting that this teaser picture specifically depicts the original portrait, not the updated one.

• 3Like
Reactions:
No, the problem is there are two portraits of Diaz and the script points to the wrong one.

Jose Diaz has had a unique portrait in the base game for as long as I am aware (it was possibly added in a post-release patch but it was certainly there when I purchased the game mid 2017 or so). When La Resistance shipped, it came with a brand new portrait for him but at the time it wouldn't show up in game. People noticed this, bug reported it, and it got "fixed" in the sense that with La Resistance, Diaz now displays the new portrait. However, in their haste to fix this missing portrait they also changed the DLC-free section of the script (there are in fact two completely different script blocks for Jose Diaz because the La Resistance version has a trait that the DLC-free version does not) and so now the DLC-free Diaz looks for a portrait file which is DLC-locked. But the original portrait is still in the files and it's literally one line that needs to change to fix it. It's also worth noting that this teaser picture specifically depicts the original portrait, not the updated one.
So where in the files is this portrait then?

For the anniversary I would be more happy if they would update the models on the map. Meaning the infantry. Or finally get around for designated Models for CAS, NAV and Heavy Fighters. At least for the majors. Bugged me since day one that the Basic Fighter stands in for NAV and CAS.
Not a bad prediction! Did you have a sneak peek at the Steam files or are you Nostradamus? :p

• 2Like
Reactions:
Really excited to see what the next DD is about.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Is this week's DD about the anniversary or anniversary related stuff? Or will it cover more Barborssa/NSB content?
This would mean 2 (or even 3?) dev diaries in a row without any new, actual NSB content...

So i hope it's actually some Barbarossa related stuff and we wont get like 5 weeks of "statistics and telemetry".

I have to deal with the above in uni already and want to see some juicy trains or some content for Bermondtian-Russia with Rasputinist-Characteristics for a change... xD

Reactions:
Is there actually something wrong with it, or are you truly expecting them to completely rework, from basically the ground up, a year and a half old focus tree while there are actual bugs outstanding still in the game?
It invalidates all the mechanics they made to prevent the SCW from ending too soon by causing an early republican collapse.

Reactions:
Sooo, actually no teaser today?

Reactions:
08.06.21 Spreadsheets!
Screenshot_20210608-172003_Chrome.jpg

• 13Like
  • 2Love
Reactions: