HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So the components would be: chassis, engine, turret, and armor? I don't think the radio and machine guns fluctuated much beyond 2-3 different types that would make much of a difference.

On the other hand, planes would have: engine, armor, machine gun, and fuel tank (range)?

So the components would be: chassis, engine, turret, and armor? I don't think the radio and machine guns fluctuated much beyond 2-3 different types that would make much of a difference.

On the other hand, planes would have: engine, armor, machine gun, and fuel tank (range)?
I think a module should be inserted for the radio similar to that of Asdic for ships, let us remember that a great advantage of German tanks compared to their rivals was precisely because all tanks had a radio in their armor, something did not happen in their enemies

and there should also be another specific module for the armored weapon

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, in early tanks the machinegun(s) constituted the whole armament, so... Also, there are differences between a machinegun, a heavy (.50 caliber or 12.5mm) machinegun and a cannon (20mm up to 57mm were used). Plus turret sizes were critical, space for a radio important, range had to be considered, different tracks gave different soft ground performance...

Um, and bomb bays and racks, torpedoes, depth charges, rockets, electronic navigation and radar systems, different calibres of "machinegun" (see for tanks, above), self-sealing fuel tanks, high visibility canopy for the pilot, turbochargers and superchargers to give altitude performance to the engines...

Reactions:
reviving the Byzantine empire in the Greek
Plausibility has different levels. Maybe for historians more aware of Greek history reviving Byzantine empire seems stupid. But for ignorant westerner it sounds great! For me it also sounds fun.

Unfortunately, I am lacking a point of view westerners have about Poland. Is a monarch tree the same mix of fun/plausibility reviving Byzantine empire is? Because for people more aware of Polish history it certainly is not!

Note, how big monarch tree is. But gameplay wise, it changes nothing. You gain fascist/neutral/communist ideology just like in default tree, which seems boring. There was not really a point to add those different ideologies again in monarchism tree.

That's why developer needed to make it more unique, which made it even more strange and peculiar.

What could be done instead? A trick of using peasants' strikes to go communist is a great example! Some dealing with Danzig, even if not historically plausible (link in my signature) is also fun gameplay wise.

What more could be added? Federation/alliance with Czechoslovakia. Just hold your anger, let me explain! Before 1936 Czechoslovakia was making multiple attempts to form a military cooperation with Poland and to resolve all border conflicts. They were aware Germany is planning something. But, Poland's priority in those times was not to anger Germany. Any alliance with Czechs would be seem as anti-German.

The last moment for such an cooperation was a letter from Beneš to Mościcki sent on 26th September 1938. He agreed even to give back Zaolzie to receive Polish alliance or at least neutrality. Poland de facto ignored it and made ultimatum to take Zaolzie. It was one of the most important reasons (as Beneš stated in his books) he decided to not fight Germany.

Now, this is a plausible and interesting what-if for gameplay! Imagine German tanks attacking forts on lvl7 in Sudeten mountains with help from Poland!

How it could look like? Here is my oversimplifaction
1. Event "A letter from Czechoslovakia": Germans are threatening us! Can you help?
- Yes. Receive a spirit Czechoslovakian-Polish military cooperation​
- No. Send ultimatum to take Zaolzie back​
2. Spirit Czechoslovakian-Polish military cooperation should raise acceptance of diplomatic efforts for both countries, making them more likely to join each other faction. It should make Czech diplomacy deny cediing territory. They would fight!

Another interesting path? The whole prometheism idea. Poland was hosting and supporting financially Government of the Ukrainian People's Republic in exile. It was mostly to keep Ukrainian minority calm, but what if it could be used to destabilize Soviet Union?

and for a long time I have developed them by making the decision to insert all the possible ideologies in all the trees without thinking about the degree of plausibility
Excuse me, are you Paradox developer or mod maker? I am still newbie in the forum and I don't know how to recognize it.

In case of Germany Kaiser path is logical neutral ideology, opposed to default fascist. But in case of Poland neutral ideology is already a default one! We have possibilities to go fascist/democratic/communism from neutral, there was no need to add monarchism.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I think some greek leaders after defeating Turkey solo could be swayed to "revive the Byzantine Empire", meaning just calling themselfs like that. Similar how Germany can call itself Greater German Reich.
The problem I, and I think most other people that are critiquing it is, that this reformed Byzantine Empire gets cores in variois places, completly removing resistance with a button press and getting all factories and manpower.

If it would be locked behind 95%+ conpliance, fine. But it isn't even with 0% compliance you can core Turkey, that is the bad part.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What time is the teaser today?

04.05.21 20th Battle of Isonzo
Screenshot_20210504-172953_Chrome.jpg

• 8Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Minute of silence for the guy on Twitter who thought it meant Italy was getting a focus tree.

Seriously, though, I'll go with what the other people on Twitter that it has to do with the wonky combat width. Combat rework?

• 10Haha
Reactions:
I don't see it -> maybe 75 combat width? Normally it would be 80, but it could be tactics?

Edit: the tactics rolled are Shock and Defend, neither of which currently affect combat width. So I'm guessing it's terrain based combat width, hopefully with some tactics mixed in

• 12Like
Reactions:
terrain combat width reduction? gonna be annoying.

75 base width? not gonna change all that much, depending on how flanks are handled.
I think the idea is to break the dominance of 20, 40, etc width divisions and encourage other designs. Idk how effective it'll be but it might work dependong on how they handle it

• 3Like
Reactions: