HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The thing about Mexican communism is that it has a very real undercurrent of nationalism. The main reason oil companies was nationalized (the event from the leak) was to expel the foreigners who threatened Mexican soverignty and way of life. Cardenas (The current Mexican President in the game right now) even said in his speech that the British oil companies were basically robbing Mexico and blatantly breaking their laws despite having preferential treatment and were funding rebel groups in the country.

If Trotsky interfered with Mexican politics, he would've been deported under Article 30. The Mexican constitution does not allow foreigners to hold any political or hold a military officer position. In order for that to happen, you would need to rip up the Mexican constitution entirey. Which would never fly with the politics as they were during the time.

Trotsky Mexico is such a meme its like electing Macho Man Randy Savage to be the president of America.

Trotsky had next to ZERO support in Mexico, its why he had personal security on his estate that was on par with the Mexican president.

Not to mention it is illegal in the revolutionary constitution for a foreigner to hold office, and for trotsky to influence any politics at all. He was under a gag order and unable to leave the house because half the left wanted him dead and the other half weren't his supporters and wanted his mouth shut.

If they do make Trotsky Mexico, then its obvious Paradox has given up entirely and is making pure meme trees now.

You make many a fair point.

I have to admit that I am almost shocked they didn't go with the ultimate meme, Habsburg Mexican Empire.

30.10 Hoorah Devil Dogs
Todays Teaser:

DqxW1eBWwAAq0Xw.jpg

link

Perhaps the developers have read the excellent Defeat into Victory and crammed in a Bill Slim-themed mini DLC.

Yea, Considering Slim did fight a lot in Asia alongside other Commonwealth Formations, my guess is actually, that you have access to the General-pools of your subjects.

I imagine it's another Bits & Pieces diary.

Another Bags of tricks diary? Not bad, but they really should start showing us the naval overhaul.
They did, but I was really hoping for naval combat this week.

I guess we'll know in a few minutes. I got a vision of @podcat sitting and fiddling with his 'Send' button as we speak.

Were you using goat or cow entrails?

I was about to post a message jokingly saying that goat or cow entrails were so two millennia ago and that watching the flight of birds might be more accurate... but then the diary hit the forum. :p

I was about to post a message jokingly saying that goat or cow entrails were so two millennia ago and that watching the flight of birds might be more accurate... but then the diary hit the forum. :p
Just as the clouds over Oslo predicted.

The ship designer, finally?