HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Most major European countries had abandoned the gold standard by 1936. France and Italy did so in '36, but they already have focus trees. I think Netherlands might also have abandoned it as late as '36. That implies that Netherlands and Belgium are the two new focus trees. Someone already associated the pacifism hint with The Netherlands and they would fit the naval theme.

25.09 Round 2
Link

@podcat trying to be helpful

Desktop 25-09-2018 14-50-17-470.jpg

Lichtenstein will be a playable nation.
Yes, YES! That totally confirms it! Make Liechtenstein great again!

They'll have a special NF that gives them access to 100 million extra manpower from expat Liechtenstonians (is it called that?) as well as 200 MIC and CIC from secret factories in the US, UK, Soviet and Germany, all manned by loyal expats.

New challenge: Puppet the entire world as democrat Liechtenstein.

I guess @podcat 's post tomorrow will confirm all this and more.

"On 26 September 1936, deep in the night, the Dutch cabinet took the decision to cut the guilder's link with gold and to devalue its currency. It was the last of the ..."

Netherlands, which due to its post WWI pacifist tendencies didn't begin rearming until 1937, and didn't abandon the gold standard of currency valuation until September 1936.

Landlocked so don't work well with the naval focus.

Irrelevant if it was a democracy, as the expansion is naval and democratic themed. Switzerland, Netherlands and France were the last European holdouts using the gold standard of currency valuation.

Irrelevant if it was a democracy, as the expansion is naval and democratic themed. Switzerland, Netherlands and France were the last European holdouts using the gold standard of currency valuation.
However they would likely try to pick countries that fufill both themes as well that these countries are probably more relevant to the game.

Switzerland overall sound like an odd pick, especially on the cost of other democratic countries that probably have more relevance in the game.

Link

@podcat trying to be helpful

Extra hard? Pff.

To my understanding the Netherlands had a fair bit of pacifism in the 1920s and 30s. They even called their destroyer ships with a different term because they thought the term "destroyer" was too violent. So I wouldn't be surprised if that's from the Dutch tree.

"On 26 September 1936, deep in the night, the Dutch cabinet took the decision to cut the guilder's link with gold and to devalue its currency. It was the last of the ..."

It is indeed the Dutch then.

Either way, I'm glad they are finally revealing one of the new FTs, the speculation was really something.
I was sure it would be NED and BEL, but the "one on each side" thing sidetracked me quite well.

Now, if it really is NED, the chances of the other one being BEL would be very high imo, and if not, very low.
Doubts would still remain from the "one on each side" thing, but I'd think that focusing on NED without BEL or vice versa would be pretty odd.

However they would likely try to pick countries that fulfill both themes as well that these countries are probably more relevant to the game.

Switzerland overall sound like an odd pick, especially on the cost of other democratic countries that probably have more relevance in the game.

I don't think it's Switzerland, I think the Netherlands makes more sense. Then again, Operation Tannenbaum is a thing...

Switzerland, like Ireland, would be a waste of a tree - at this stage, at least.

Maybe the first one is the Netherlands and the second Dutch East Indies. One on each side...

Super disappointed if it is indeed the Netherlands. Don't really see a point in focusing on that country when in any game that involves Hitler that doesn't become FUBARed will involve it being obliterated within days of the war beginning. Belgium would suffer the same problem, so hopefully that isn't the second country getting content.

It is unavoidable, that at some point all countries, that were involved in WW2 get a focus tree (except luxemburg). With last weeks diary about the fight of democracies the netherlands (and probably belgium) would be a logical consequence. I just really, really hope, that this DLC includes Finland, considering the winter war and continuation war are basically non-existent in the current hoi version. Unfortunately I doubt this and would rather bet on next DLC together with Soviet Union overhaul.

If it is the Netherlands, then i should update the silly little mod I made way back.

It was called "Jetzt ist es Mein Fahrrad" and featured the Germans making bicycle divisions with stolen bicycles after they occupy Amsterdam.