HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Screenshot_20211110-194119_Twitter.jpg

Again not a proper teaser but thought id post for people without twitter, looks like something new next to the ENG divisions?

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
As long as it's a decision only player can take I have no strong feelings.

I mean yeah, they could have spent the time better, but I imagine scripting this took an hour or two.

Also, it's possible that @podcat finally took trolling lessons from @Wiz.
As long as it's left only to the mods, I have no strong feelings.

I enjoy playing Crusader Kings 2, but I would rather not have lasers in Crusader Kings 2, not even as an optional option. Leave that thing to the mods. For the base game, try to be as historically accurate as possible.

But it's too late for that now. We already have *clears throat*:
- Al-Alandus
- Arabia
- Byzantine Empire
- European Union (wow)
- Franco-British Union (because the Scots just wasn't enough)
- Global Defense Council
- Holy Roman Empire
- Iberia
- Kingdom of Franco-Spain
- Macedonian Empire
- Persian Empire
- Roman Empire
- Scandinavia
- Third Bulgarian Empire
- United Balkan Federation

I should start playing Crusader Kings 2 in Hearts of Iron 4.

- What are you doing son?
- Playing a World War 2 game dad.
- Who are you playing as?
- The Roman Empire

• 5Like
Reactions:

I enjoy playing Crusader Kings 2, but I would rather not have lasers in Crusader Kings 2, not even as an optional option. Leave that thing to the mods. For the base game, try to be as historically accurate as possible.

- Al-Alandus
- Arabia
- Byzantine Empire
- European Union (wow)
- Global Defense Council
- Holy Roman Empire
- Iberia
- Macedonian Empire
- Persian Empire
- Roman Empire
- Scandinavia
- Third Bulgarian Empire

- The Roman Empire
Let's hope they've ran out of wacky content and from now on will concentrate on more plausible WW2 content (this includes plausible alternative history WW2 content). Unless, of course, we get the obligatory teaser of a Bronze Age/Iron Age game via devs making it possible for WW2-era Egypt to restore the rule of pharaohs. :)

• 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:

- Al-Alandus
- Arabia
- Byzantine Empire
- European Union (wow)
- Global Defense Council
- Holy Roman Empire
- Iberia
- Macedonian Empire
- Persian Empire
- Roman Empire
- Scandinavia
- Third Bulgarian Empire

- The Roman Empire
And do you see these nations in your usual HoI4 game?

Al-Andalus - No
Arabia - No
Byz - No
... and so on.

Also the concept of a united Arabia was very much a thing shortly after ww2 as pan-arabism was rising, the Franco-British Union was a real consideration and so was the United Balkan Federation (or a Balkan Union).

So a portion of the formables you criticised don't even make it into your normal gameplay while the rest was actually considered and a real thing. Yikes...

• 4Like
Reactions:
Aaaaand, no more dev diaries! Counting the days 'till NSB pulls into the station!

Also the concept of a united Arabia was very much a thing shortly after ww2 as pan-arabism was rising, the Franco-British Union was a real consideration and so was the United Balkan Federation (or a Balkan Union).
In addition to which the "reclaiming" of the Roman Empire - at least around the "Mare Nostrum" of the Mediterranean - was a cherished dream of Mussolini. As also with Crusader Kings, much of the objection to "unhistorical" elements is oddly unhistorical... Some things are pretty bizzaro, of course, but a surprising amount of crazy stuff went on around the Second World War.

• 2Like
Reactions:

- Al-Alandus
- Arabia
- Byzantine Empire
- European Union (wow)
- Global Defense Council
- Holy Roman Empire
- Iberia
- Macedonian Empire
- Persian Empire
- Roman Empire
- Scandinavia
- Third Bulgarian Empire

- The Roman Empire
Most of which are obscure enough to almost be easter eggs. It's not like you'll see too many of those in a regular campaign.
Also, as the devs have pointed out, actual WWI and WWII history is fraught with unrealistic events, too. What's that, the assassination of this fairly unimportant figure caused a full-fledged world war through a series of incredibly unlikely events (such as someone dying of a heart attack just as he's about to sign a treaty that might have averted the whole thing)? Wait, the Germans managed to roll into France unopposed because their tanks snuck through a forest and nobody thought to have a reserve forces behind friendly lines?

I'm of two minds about the really ahistorical stuff. I wish more time was spent on historical and plausible stuff, and that the devs made a mistake when they decided to give nearly every tree a communist, facist, democratic, and monarchist path, but on the other hand, I've come to realize it's not really such a big problem. Not every WWII game needs to be about reliving the historical World War II, more than EU or CK should be about recreating the exact events of those time periods.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So today there was no dev diary. For one, obviously the patch and accompanying DLC is out and the team is right now busy with post-release polishing, bugfixes, balancing after player feedback, etc.

However in the past we always had telemetry diaries published after release where the devs (mainly Podcat, lol) talked about what nations players picked, what paths they took and similar. Also this was the moment when the team gave a sneak peak or a direction about future plans, what they are working on next and planned upcoming content.

You think we will get a diary on telemetry in the near future, potentially after the first major post-release patches?

You think we will get a diary on telemetry in the near future, potentially after the first major post-release patches?

Possibly. I totally fine with them not having DD after such a good release like NSB. I hoping a least something before they leave for the holidays though.

Reactions:
Fall = Fallschirm. Airborne Warfare Overhaul yay! Hopefully paired with a second look at Air Warfare in general. And ... maybe an Aircraft Designer to match the existing Naval and Tank Designers? Your fault Arheo for starting us up :p

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: