HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
im thinking developrs had a winter war with findland... mybe they are working in a continuation war. Taking in consideration in the magniture of a changing supply i understadn that all the other things be delayed. And some non dlc content needs to be reworked about supply.
they already said Pdx. com that Finland would have events or personalized decisions even though they did not obtain their own focus tree that they preferred to keep it to come later a Scandinavian dlc

And it is clear that events or own decisions will have to do with both the winter war or the Finnish participation in the barbarossa operation, which is also known in Finland as the continuation war

• 2Like
Reactions:
While i for one welcome more new mechanics and look forward for the DLC, is it just me or do most of the recent dev diaries seem rather short?

Even thinking about all previous expansions it feels as if the devs try to drag it as much as possible and would have rather waited even more time to restart them, which in turn would have made the already long radio-silence before April even longer.

Reactions:
01.07.21 The one place free of capitalism
Is that a new focus icon? It looks familiar but I can't say I've seen it specifically before.

01.07.21 white boy summer
Link
1625225597404.png

• 6Like
Reactions:
I hope they take this time to refuel their engines, and then do the same for supply trucks.
Maybe something we can toggle on/off in the start menu? Don't know how well the AI handles it though having to use fuel for that, in general not sure how well the AI handles fuel.

I think the most important thing is that last line...

Soviet focus tree when we return?
I think it's just a reference to how the patch/DLC will be USSR-centered.

The road of life was the supply route across the frozen lake to Leningrad when it was being blockaded.
What this focus will do? Maybe improve supply in the region around Leningrad?
Or will frozen lakes be a new feature?

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The road of life was the supply route across the frozen lake to Leningrad when it was being blockaded.
What this focus will do? Maybe improve supply in the region around Leningrad?
Or will frozen lakes be a new feature?

I think they're going to add frozen lakes and then you can build RR across them for supply to mimic the Siege of Leningrad.

I don't know, it's really hard to hold out in an encircled city for an extended period of time since any unit that fully de orgs is wiped out. And I don't see them making special encirclement rules for a single province.

Reactions:
I don't know, it's really hard to hold out in an encircled city for an extended period of time since any unit that fully de orgs is wiped out. And I don't see them making special encirclement rules for a single province.
Maybe Leningrad could have a strait crossing across the lake?
Ideally, maybe even one that's only usable on winter?
Just spitballing here of course, and don't know how feasible that is, but that might be a solution.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Maybe Leningrad could have a strait crossing across the lake?
Ideally, maybe even one that's only usable on winter?
Just spitballing here of course, and don't know how feasible that is, but that might be a solution.
In fact, supply by barges over water in summer was easier than trucks in winter

• 2Like
Reactions: