HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, I've been waiting for them to do something about the division designer UI for years now. Though I'm not sure what's coming based on the screenshot.

Hopefully it lets us move the templates around and organize them.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hope it can reduce division template cluterring upon annex-troop transferring nations (Imperial Federation comes to mind) that would somehow can hide all unused templates but showing one tank/motorized/special forces template if we didn't have it yet. But i'm satisfied enough with only the former.

Reactions:
As it seems they will be devs tomorrow they will be called bag of tricks, that is, a recompilation of small things or mechanics

what would be interesting if they inserted a troop limiter you can train and deploy as in the Kaissereich

Reactions:
If we're finally getting the ability to sort division templates, that'd be wonderful.

• 5Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
If we're finally getting the ability to sort division templates, that'd be wonderful.
indeed, would make our play live easier! And some kind of auto update or something else would be nice as well. Shame it will not go about supply system or USSR focus tree. Because I really want to see what they have done over there to make the USSR better and a challenge for Germany to take (or any other country). But that will make the waiting for the next DEV dairy more intense. Can't wait!

Wait so if its a bag of treats, does that mean they're starting to finish up portions of the DLC/update? If so, that could mean a late summer/early fall release. I'm slightly surprised by how early in development they're having a "Bag of Treats" DD.

Wait so if its a bag of treats, does that mean they're starting to finish up portions of the DLC/update? If so, that could mean a late summer/early fall release. I'm slightly surprised by how early in development they're having a "Bag of Treats" DD.
For Waking the Tiger the first bag of tricks was dev diary 8 out of 29, for Man the Guns it was 6 out of 32. The dev diary tomorrow will be number 10 for No Step Back, so it is not early compared to other expansions.

• 1Like
Reactions:

I think bag of tricks is something they start early-midway usually - remember the USSR tree back in PDXcon seemed still early in development

The first bag of tricks diaries for WTT and MTG were like half a year before the release of the dlc.

Plus the soviet focus tree tease is missing a lot of art and is using budha for the marx focus.

I think we're quite a while away from the release.

• 2Like
Reactions:
For Waking the Tiger the first bag of tricks was dev diary 8 out of 29, for Man the Guns it was 6 out of 32. The dev diary tomorrow will be number 10 for No Step Back, so it is not early compared to other expansions.
I think bag of tricks is something they start early-midway usually - remember the USSR tree back in PDXcon seemed still early in development

Ah thanks for clearing that up for me. It always feels like when they do a Bag of Tricks, that somethings are either finishing up or they are beginning to get to the meat of the DLC. Yep, I do remember that the USSR tree seemed in early dev. , but I was under the impression that it was an early phase 1 mock up of the tree from what the the group assigned to it wanted it (side note - I suspect what they showed off is the "historical" portion of the tree). I'm still anticipating a release when they're ready and 90% confident in a release, but if they seem to be finishing up, we are starting to close in more meaty DDs that people will like.

Add the ability to phase out equipment (ie. if I change a template from Light to Medium tanks, let the divisions gradually replace the light tanks with medium tanks as the latter becomes available).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Probably not , the first stream of NSB will be after summer

I suspect either later this month, they'll have Dan do some fun with the Polish tree, or the Balts; but we wouldn't see any real mechanical changes, or Russia, be shown in full until Early Fall 2021.