HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks like the Great Lakes might be able to be traversed by ships and used for naval invasions now? Just a guess based on the screenshot. Was that mentioned before?

EDIT - Those borders controlled by Lithuania are just the actual states though, not representative of a front line really... confusing.

During development all the kind of weird things can happen. It was probably bug that happened. :)

Looks like the Great Lakes might be able to be traversed by ships and used for naval invasions now? Just a guess based on the screenshot. Was that mentioned before?

EDIT - Those borders controlled by Lithuania are just the actual states though, not representative of a front line really... confusing.
I don't think the great lakes became navigable, they're still country coloured like normal lakes. And the lithuania thingy is probably just a bug with the communist tree.

The port icons also seem a bit... different.
It looks like they have a wrench on them, if my eyes aren't fooling me.
Could be something related to refitting, maybe?

It looks like they have a wrench on them, if my eyes aren't fooling me.
Could be something related to refitting, maybe?

Or maybe to indicate that they are not overburdened with repairing ships and can take more?

it's probably just a some new debug mode indicator.
Dunno about that, it seems like something of real significance, gameplay wise.
It could just be a placeholder though.

Nobody commented on the Czech troops on American Soil? what the heck are they doing there, how did they get there..
Also I don't think the Lithuania states is a bug. Why would they screenshot a bug like that and post it, of all the screenshots they could have taken.. This means something.

How could I forget about the Twitter teasers, especially now that we have a DD drought :smacks self:

Got some catching-up to do, I guess :p .

Looking forward to next week hopefully a DD on one of the countries from the country pack so we know where the journey goes there, hopefully some countries relevant to world war 2 *Sharpening the Pitchfork*

Nobody commented on the Czech troops on American Soil? what the heck are they doing there, how did they get there..
That's the Philippines though...

Also I don't think the Lithuania states is a bug. Why would they screenshot a bug like that and post it, of all the screenshots they could have taken.. This means something.
From what I can infer on the tweet that image came from, I'd think it is indeed a bug.
It's not 100% clear though, so there could be some alternate interpretations.

https://twitter.com/podcat_paradox/status/1008735002182471680?s=19

Last edited:
not-sure-if-serious-or-troll-attempt.jpg

Flag_of_the_Philippines.svg

Looking forward to next week hopefully a DD on one of the countries from the country pack so we know where the journey goes there, hopefully some countries relevant to world war 2 *Sharpening the Pitchfork*
usually they reveal the touched countries in the first diary after the announcement, and in our case, well, the announcement was a bit premature. I remember back with DoD and WtT we got a few hints to what the countries they're touching will be, but I don't think that sort of secrecy will be necessary for Man the Guns.

usually they reveal the touched countries in the first diary after the announcement, and in our case, well, the announcement was a bit premature. I remember back with DoD and WtT we got a few hints to what the countries they're touching will be, but I don't think that sort of secrecy will be necessary for Man the Guns.
I think DoD started with a Romania DD.

I think DoD started with a Romania DD.
It did, but when that Diary came out all we knew about was the "oak" patch, we didn't know the name or the content of the expansion. It was 1 or 2 DDs later when "Death or Dishonour" is first mentioned, and that DD contians all the featured nations.