• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HOI4 Dev Diary - Yugoslavia and Romania

Hello and welcome to another developer diary for the 1.10 Collie patch!

Today we’re going to be focusing on some content coming with the patch that will add new content for owners of the Death or Dishonor expansion. Everything that follows will be accessible to DoD owners and will not be unlocked by purchasing Battle for the Bosporus. Some of you may already know this from the leaked screenshot on the Steam store, but Yugoslavia will be getting a light rework coming free with the patch for any owners of Death or Dishonor.
pasted image 0.png

When I originally joined full-time on the project, I was given a list of common complaints from the community regarding the content in Death or Dishonor. Most of these issues were trivial, but none had a longer list of complaints than Yugoslavia so it seemed right that instead of attempting to stitch together a series of minimal low-visibility fixes, it would be best to do a partial rework of the Yugoslavia tree.

This is not quite to the scale of previous major reworks, however. The first draft of changes began as something I worked on out of my free time, so I wanted to keep scope low and avoid creating too much extra work on top of the existing BftB content while improving the overall quality of the Yugoslavia tree to give players more options to explore both history and alt-history.

pasted image 0 (1).png

Let’s begin with the communist focuses, which have seen a little change. For a long time, Yugoslavia was able to branch off and make its own faction with itself, Bulgaria, and Albania but the chances of getting those nations to become Communist in a regular playthrough was pretty dang low. So, Yugoslavia now gains access to a series of decisions to steadily support a peasant’s uprising in both Bulgaria and Albania, creating a viable way to bring them into the Pan-Slavic Worker’s Congress.

pasted image 0 (2).png

pasted image 0 (3).png

Once done, Yugoslavia will gain access to a whole slew of new focuses with their faction reorganizing into the Pan-Balkan Worker’s Congress. Romania, Turkey, Greece, and Hungary are all valid targets for peasant uprisings, so if you ever wanted to see the Balkans start wearing purple, Tito now has all the tools to do it.

pasted image 0 (4).png

Next, we’ll take a look at the old monarchist focuses and how overall the decisions you made were pretty objectively one good decision and one bad. What I really liked about Yugoslavia was the fact that you were constantly making decisions with every focus you pick, following this kind of ladder-design, but with the new tree, I wanted to take that a step further and create some more meaningful and involved choices.
pasted image 0 (5).png

At the very start of their focus tree, Yugoslavia has a choice to either pursue Evolution or Limited Self-Government. Evolution is basically the old Yugoslavia design, where you attempt to stomp out nationalism in your country by whatever means you see fit.
pasted image 0 (6).png

First, establishing the Banate of Croatia no longer makes Croatia a puppet and instead gives Yugoslavia a temporary softer version of Croatian Opposition, but choosing to Crush the Ustase is now a much more involved process and can result in Croatian Nationalism being removed entirely. Crushing the Ustase is a series of decisions tied to two missions. One mission will make the Ustase rise up in an independence war, and the other will peacefully stamp them out. Players have access to a number of decisions to either delay the uprising or speed up the peaceful removal of the Ustase and it’ll take a lot of close attention to keep Yugoslavia in one piece while stamping out nationalism.
pasted image 0 (7).png

For the next two focuses, Yugoslavia has the option to both play appeasement to Italy and Bulgaria while also permanently removing some of their problems. The old focuses do what they always have, but now the negative spirit gained only lasts for a few years, but giving up the territories to these powers will now grant a significant increase in opinion while removing the spirits completely.
pasted image 0 (8).png

Now is as good a time as any to bring up the reworked Yugoslavian states! The goal of this state rework was to facilitate for both modern Balkan borders for the sake of releasables and historical occupation zones.
Yugo New States.png

But instead of doing all that work to maintain the union, Yugoslavia can choose instead to grant self-government to its constituent parts, permanently removing the negative spirits at the cost of losing all of its territory besides Serbia proper. Throughout this path, Yugoslavia will get to choose exactly how it wants to devolve itself; should the two Banovinas of Croatia be individually independent or should they be merged into one? Should the contested territory of Vojvodina be fortified against the Hungarians, given up to them as an act of appeasement, or granted self-government? The ladder design here is more of a choice of how chaotic you want the Balkans to be than a strategic decision. Personally, I enjoy achieving peak-Balkans and granting autonomy to everyone.
pasted image 0 (9).png

Once done tearing itself apart, Yugoslavia can attempt to reintegrate its constituent parts, or grant full independence to the Balkans, replacing Yugoslavia with a military alliance backed up by a hefty number of free units shared between each of the Balkan nations. Going down the route of independence, the Balkans will have more than double the number of troops Yugoslavia begins the game with, so breaking yourself apart may not be such a bad decision with the Axis breathing down your neck.
pasted image 0 (10).png

Prince Paul is no longer the blank slate he was in the old Yugoslavia design and trying to keep him in power means attempting to align yourself with the Axis. Just like before though, both Britain and the Yugoslavian military are deeply opposed to an Axis alliance, and attempting to do so may lead to a coup.
pasted image 0 (11).png

However, should the coup fail and Paul remains in power, the regency will hardly be a regency after they rejected the right of the legitimate heir to take the throne, so perhaps a new King will be needed to guide Yugoslavia in its dark future…
pasted image 0 (12).png

Joining the Allies brings its own set of difficulties, besides the distance of your friends in the West. King Peter is a mere 12 years old in 1936 and if you attempt to end the regency too early, you will be saddled with a monarch woefully unprepared for rulership.
Young Peter.png

Given a few years however, King Peter matures into the legitimate heir of the Yugoslav throne and may marry himself into a little more than just the Allies.
pasted image 0 (14).png

The Royal Wedding focus allows King Peter to marry himself to many of the major Princesses in Europe and who is available adapts dynamically based on the current state of the world. If the Kaiser returns, Yugoslavia will be able to marry a German princess, similarly they may marry a Spanish princess should the Carlists win the Spanish Civil War. Their choice will then inform the outcome of the focus “The Royal Alliance”, which can bring Yugoslavia into a faction with whomever they chose to marry, with Princess Alexandra of Greece resulting in a historic Yugoslav entry to the Allies.
pasted image 0 (15).png

Yugoslavia is not the only Death or Dishonor country getting new content, however. Romania will now have the ability to change sides midway through the war via a decision following a government coup.
pasted image 0 (16).png

On top of that, the Divide Yugoslavia focus is now a game of bidding and demanding from the powers Romania chooses to invite to the dogpile. Similar to the SCW garrison system, each nation can make up to three bids on a Yugoslav state before being locked in as the controller. When each state is claimed, Romania may push the button and issue their demands to Yugoslavia. This can lead to some… interesting looking Balkans.
pasted image 0 (17).png

There are more changes coming to Romania, but for that I will hand you over to our Producer.

Hi everyone, Vash here with some of the changes I’ve made for Romania. Back in February, one of our forum members, Zeprion, made some suggestions for Romania that we unfortunately couldn’t get to in time for La Resistance. While I still didn’t have the chance to get through the full list, I was able to make a few changes that I’m happy to talk about!

Previously, you may have noticed that the political parties and leaders in 1936 were swapped. Historically, the ruling party in 1936 was Democratic PNL, with Gheorghe Tătărescu as the leader. Armand Calimanescu was also the leader of Non-Aligned FRN. This has now been fixed, and they both have the correct party affiliations. This also means that Romania now starts off in 1936 as Democratic instead of Non-Aligned. We’ve also done some balancing on the back end to account for this change.
pasted image 0 (18).png

pasted image 0 (19).png

Next up, we also switched the starting fascist leader to Octavian Goga, who was the leader of the National Christian Party (Partidul Național Creștin). That means we’ve also switched the starting fascism party to the PNC.

pasted image 0 (20).png

What this means for the player is that upon taking the Iron Guard focus, Ion Antonescu will become the figure head for the fascist party and the party will be renamed from the PNC to Garda de Fier.

pasted image 0 (21).png

pasted image 0 (22).png

Another important historical fact that Zeprion brought up was that King Michael’s Coup was not against his father, but against the fascist Iron Guard. We’ve now relocated this focus to the bottom of the fascist tree.

pasted image 0 (23).png

This now gives the player three options to choose from. You can either stage the coup and appoint King Michael as the leader of the Democratic Party under a constitutional monarchy, force King Carol’s abdication and replace him with the leader of the most popular party, or Handle the King and allow King Carol to stay in power since he has changed his ways for the better.

We’ve also updated the state priorities for some of our building focuses to ensure they don’t give infrastructure bonuses to states you may have given up prior to the start of the war such as Bukovina, Bessarabia, and Northern Transylvania.

And last but not least, we’ve given Constantin Sanatescu a bit of an upgrade! Previously he was only available as an Army Chief with a defensive bonus, but he is now available as a General as well.

pasted image 0 (24).png

That’s it for all the Romania changes for now. Thanks again to Zeprion for all the feedback, and I hope everyone enjoyed this week’s Dev Diary!

Last edited:
  • 116Like
  • 43Love
Reactions:
Hello and welcome to another developer diary for the 1.10 Collie patch!

Today we’re going to be focusing on some content coming with the patch that will add new content for owners of the Death or Dishonor expansion. Everything that follows will be accessible to DoD owners and will not be unlocked by purchasing Battle for the Bosporus. Some of you may already know this from the leaked screenshot on the Steam store, but Yugoslavia will be getting a light rework coming free with the patch for any owners of Death or Dishonor.
View attachment 633791

When I originally joined full-time on the project, I was given a list of common complaints from the community regarding the content in Death or Dishonor. Most of these issues were trivial, but none had a longer list of complaints than Yugoslavia so it seemed right that instead of attempting to stitch together a series of minimal low-visibility fixes, it would be best to do a partial rework of the Yugoslavia tree.

This is not quite to the scale of previous major reworks, however. The first draft of changes began as something I worked on out of my free time, so I wanted to keep scope low and avoid creating too much extra work on top of the existing BftB content while improving the overall quality of the Yugoslavia tree to give players more options to explore both history and alt-history.

View attachment 633767
Let’s begin with the communist focuses, which have seen a little change. For a long time, Yugoslavia was able to branch off and make its own faction with itself, Bulgaria, and Albania but the chances of getting those nations to become Communist in a regular playthrough was pretty dang low. So, Yugoslavia now gains access to a series of decisions to steadily support a peasant’s uprising in both Bulgaria and Albania, creating a viable way to bring them into the Pan-Slavic Worker’s Congress.

View attachment 633768
View attachment 633769
Once done, Yugoslavia will gain access to a whole slew of new focuses with their faction reorganizing into the Pan-Balkan Worker’s Congress. Romania, Turkey, Greece, and Hugnary are all valid targets for peasant uprisings, so if you ever wanted to see the Balkans start wearing purple, Tito now has all the tools to do it.

View attachment 633770

Next, we’ll take a look at the old monarchist focuses and how overall the decisions you made were pretty objectively one good decision and one bad. What I really liked about Yugoslavia was the fact that you were constantly making decisions with every focus you pick, following this kind of ladder-design, but with the new tree, I wanted to take that a step further and create some more meaningful and involved choices.
View attachment 633771

At the very start of their focus tree, Yugoslavia has a choice to either pursue Evolution or Limited Self-Government. Evolution is basically the old Yugoslavia design, where you attempt to stomp out nationalism in your country by whatever means you see fit.
View attachment 633772

First, establishing the Banate of Croatia no longer makes Croatia a puppet and instead gives Yugoslavia a temporary softer version of Croatian Opposition, but choosing to Crush the Ustase is now a much more involved process and can result in Croatian Nationalism being removed entirely. Crushing the Ustase is a series of decisions tied to two missions. One mission will make the Ustase rise up in an independence war, and the other will peacefully stamp them out. Players have access to a number of decisions to either delay the uprising or speed up the peaceful removal of the Ustase and it’ll take a lot of close attention to keep Yugoslavia in one piece while stamping out nationalism.
View attachment 633773

For the next two focuses, Yugoslavia has the option to both play appeasement to Italy and Bulgaria while also permanently removing some of their problems. The old focuses do what they always have, but now the negative spirit gained only lasts for a few years, but giving up the territories to these powers will now grant a significant increase in opinion while removing the spirits completely.
View attachment 633774

Now is as good a time as any to bring up the reworked Yugoslavian states! The goal of this state rework was to facilitate for both modern Balkan borders for the sake of releasables and historical occupation zones.
View attachment 634184

But instead of doing all that work to maintain the union, Yugoslavia can choose instead to grant self-government to its constituent parts, permanently removing the negative spirits at the cost of losing all of its territory besides Serbia proper. Throughout this path, Yugoslavia will get to choose exactly how it wants to devolve itself; should the two Banovinas of Croatia be individually independent or should they be merged into one? Should the contested territory of Vojvodina be fortified against the Hungarians, given up to them as an act of appeasement, or granted self-government? The ladder design here is more of a choice of how chaotic you want the Balkans to be than a strategic decision. Personally, I enjoy achieving peak-Balkans and granting autonomy to everyone.
View attachment 633775

Once done tearing itself apart, Yugoslavia can attempt to reintegrate its constituent parts, or grant full independence to the Balkans, replacing Yugoslavia with a military alliance backed up by a hefty number of free units shared between each of the Balkan nations. Going down the route of independence, the Balkans will have more than double the number of troops Yugoslavia begins the game with, so breaking yourself apart may not be such a bad decision with the Axis breathing down your neck.
View attachment 633776

Prince Paul is no longer the blank slate he was in the old Yugoslavia design and trying to keep him in power means attempting to align yourself with the Axis. Just like before though, both Britain and the Yugoslavian military are deeply opposed to an Axis alliance, and attempting to do so may lead to a coup.
View attachment 633777

However, should the coup fail and Paul remains in power, the regency will hardly be a regency after they rejected the right of the legitimate heir to take the throne, so perhaps a new King will be needed to guide Yugoslavia in its dark future…
View attachment 633778

Joining the Allies brings its own set of difficulties, besides the distance of your friends in the West. King Peter is a mere 12 years old in 1936 and if you attempt to end the regency too early, you will be saddled with a monarch woefully unprepared for rulership.
View attachment 634190

Given a few years however, King Peter matures into the legitimate heir of the Yugoslav throne and may marry himself into a little more than just the Allies.
View attachment 633780

The Royal Wedding focus allows King Peter to marry himself to many of the major Princesses in Europe and who is available adapts dynamically based on the current state of the world. If the Kaiser returns, Yugoslavia will be able to marry a German princess, similarly they may marry a Spanish princess should the Carlists win the Spanish Civil War. Their choice will then inform the outcome of the focus “The Royal Alliance”, which can bring Yugoslavia into a faction with whomever they chose to marry, with Princess Alexandra of Greece resulting in a historic Yugoslav entry to the Allies.
View attachment 633781

Yugoslavia is not the only Death or Dishonor country getting new content, however. Romania will now have the ability to change sides midway through the war via a decision following a government coup.
View attachment 633782

On top of that, the Divide Yugoslavia focus is now a game of bidding and demanding from the powers Romania chooses to invite to the dogpile. Similar to the SCW garrison system, each nation can make up to three bids on a Yugoslav state before being locked in as the controller. When each state is claimed, Romania may push the button and issue their demands to Yugoslavia. This can lead to some… interesting looking Balkans.
View attachment 633783

There are more changes coming to Romania, but for that I will hand you over to our Producer.

Hi everyone, Vash here with some of the changes I’ve made for Romania. Back in February, one of our forum members, Zeprion, made some suggestions for Romania that we unfortunately couldn’t get to in time for La Resistance. While I still didn’t have the chance to get through the full list, I was able to make a few changes that I’m happy to talk about!

Previously, you may have noticed that the political parties and leaders in 1936 were swapped. Historically, the ruling party in 1936 was Democratic PNL, with Gheorghe Tătărescu as the leader. Armand Calimanescu was also the leader of Non-Aligned FRN. This has now been fixed, and they both have the correct party affiliations. This also means that Romania now starts off in 1936 as Democratic instead of Non-Aligned. We’ve also done some balancing on the back end to account for this change.
View attachment 633784
View attachment 633785

Next up, we also switched the starting fascist leader to Octavian Goga, who was the leader of the National Christian Party (Partidul Național Creștin). That means we’ve also switched the starting fascism party to the PNC.

View attachment 633786

What this means for the player is that upon taking the Iron Guard focus, Ion Antonescu will become the figure head for the fascist party and the party will be renamed from the PNC to Garda de Fier.

View attachment 633787

View attachment 633788

Another important historical fact that Zeprion brought up was that King Michael’s Coup was not against his father, but against the fascist Iron Guard. We’ve now relocated this focus to the bottom of the fascist tree.

View attachment 633789

This now gives the player three options to choose from. You can either stage the coup and appoint King Michael as the leader of the Democratic Party under a constitutional monarchy, force King Carol’s abdication and replace him with the leader of the most popular party, or Handle the King and allow King Carol to stay in power since he has changed his ways for the better.

We’ve also updated the state priorities for some of our building focuses to ensure they don’t give infrastructure bonuses to states you may have given up prior to the start of the war such as Bukovina, Bessarabia, and Northern Transylvania.

And last but not least, we’ve given Constantin Sanatescu a bit of an upgrade! Previously he was only available as an Army Chief with a defensive bonus, but he is now available as a General as well.

View attachment 633790

That’s it for all the Romania changes for now. Thanks again to Zeprion for all the feedback, and I hope everyone enjoyed this week’s Dev Diary!
Great work! It's fantastic that you rework old trees, I hope this happens again. Just a few questions, please:

1. Surrendering Macedonia gives Bulgaria two states, but Yugoslavia only loses the core on one of them. Is this intended?
2. Will Croatia have a core on Herzegovina? Will Serbia have cores on Montenegro and Macedonia? That would allow players more choice when releasing puppets in Yugoslavia.
3. Did you fix the Axis occupation of Yugoslavia being a mess in every game? At least Croatia should have historical borders and there should be a German collaboration government or puppet in Serbia. Then neighbouring Axis countries could get their claimed lands too.
4. Please, divide Slovenia in two states to allow both German and Italian occupations and claims.
5. Will you fix the Romanian focus Claim Transnistria just giving a war goal against the USSR, instead of just giving claims on the Transnistrian states? Will you fix the borders of Transnistria (the northern state is too big)?
6. Will Divide Yugoslavia give actual claims on the states? West Banat should be claimed and annexed and not given to any puppet, as some Romanian nationalists claimed it.
7. Can you give the tiles in Arfold state west of river Tisza to the Budapest state, so that Arfold is only east of the river? It may be interesting for Romania to be able to claim that state, as Romanian nationalists claimed Arfold too for Romania. Maybe the Balkan Dominance path can give a claim on Arfold in case Hungary refuses and Romania declares war? Or maybe change the focus to ask for Arfold and declare war if Hungary refuses?
8. This may be too much, but some even claimed for Romania half of Carpathian Ruthenia, the focus about Czechoslovakia could involve claiming that state too instead of giving it to Slovakia.
9. Balkan Dominance is about Romanian expansionism, the Claim Transnistria focus should be available for that path too.

The thing about giving claims to Romania is interesting because there's an achievement consisting precisely on annexing a state from every Romanian neighbour. Balkan Dominance path can be a path oriented to that achievement.

Last edited:
  • 13Like
Reactions:
Why didn't you divide Slovenia into two parts? One part was occupied by Germany, the other by Italy
That was certainly considered, but we generally like to avoid making tiny states like that.

Bruh

Prince Paul was an Anglophile who had to be practically forced at gunpoint to join the Tripartite Pact. Turning him into a fascist is just insulting as well as severely misrepresenting the man.

The other chances look fine; could do with some more Chetniks and guerrilla warfare though.
Prince Paul was a complicated figure for sure, and pinning him as a fascist independent of Axis influence is not quite right. However, Prince Paul only becomes a fascist in the version of events where he refuses British demands to revoke support for the Axis and defeats Peter in a civil war, so this is more to represent a change in alignment than Prince Paul's personal political views.

You plan to include in the future in making small trees shared in the Chinese warlords style by giving these Balkan territories to achieve autonomy something Albania could also be included in these trees
As deserving as Herzegovina is of a unique focus tree, the Balkan releasables all use the generic focus tree.

• 18Like
Reactions:
Is it weird that Bulgaria can form an actual Socialist Balkan state, and Yugoslavia, which actually wanted to do so, doesn't?

But thanks for giving this to DoD players for free. It's a thoughtful gesture.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Just to make the point super clear again since ppl on twitter were asking me. This content doesnt require BFTB, just ye old Death and Dishonor.

Concerning changes to the yugoslav map, will you rectify the Fiume/Rijeka error? In the game it has been placed in yugoslav dalmatia as Rijeka, but historically it had been in italian istria since the '20s and called Fiume.

Reactions:
What's with the modern 90s flags being used instead of ones actually used during the period? Bosnia, Kosovo and Macedonia in particular are pretty bad

Did some quick search and I found these 2 flags that could have been used for Bosnia and North Macedonia. One is the flag of the Bosnia vilayet and the other being the flag of the proposed German puppet Macedonia in 1944 aka the flag of IMRO. Found both via Wikipedia. It would be great if these 2 flags were used instead of the very modern ones.

Flag_of_Independent_Bosnia_(1878).svg.png
188px-Flag_of_the_IMARO.svg.png

Bosnia Macedonia

• 3Like
Reactions:
I think Croatia deserved and should have its own small tree in the Chinese warlords style, it was more or less independent during the German occupation and incidentally, the rest of the Balkan countries could share a similar style when they achieved itYugoslavia autonomy as possible new tree as it happens on road 56

• 5Like
Reactions:
Will the AI choices in the reworked focus tree result in more common Croatian rebellion?. I don't remember when was the last time I saw Croatia join the Axis both in Vanilla or EAI.

Reactions:
That was certainly considered, but we generally like to avoid making tiny states like that.

Prince Paul was a complicated figure for sure, and pinning him as a fascist independent of Axis influence is not quite right. However, Prince Paul only becomes a fascist in the version of events where he refuses British demands to revoke support for the Axis and defeats Peter in a civil war, so this is more to represent a change in alignment than Prince Paul's personal political views.

As deserving as Herzegovina is of a unique focus tree, the Balkan releasables all use the generic focus tree.

This is terrible, because it makes impossible to create the historical borders of the occupation zones. This game is about the WWII, but you focus on the modern world.

Reactions:

View attachment 633789

Interesting, however, previously (and probably still) Force Abdication would give the Figurehead King Michael national spirit, reflecting the historical arrangement wherein Carol abdicated and Antonescu ruled ostensibly on Michael's commission. The coup was Michael asserting his de jure power as figurehead to dismiss Antonescu. Would it not therefore make sense for this focus not to be mutually exclusive with Force Abdication, or even to have Force Abdication as a prerequisite?

• 2Like
Reactions:
After reading the dev diary, i have some consideration....

No Titoist Balkan Socialist State? Aww yizz, but Tito now does have a personal trait, right? Right?

Oh, oh, also, add Chetnik and Partisan-related decisions for both guerillas and faction management categories so that if Tito wins, Yugoslavia can flip to SFR, join the Comintern, and unlock the Communist branch (but not too early into the branch so that the game would be not too long). If Chetniks stayed on power, then the focus tree would progress as nornal

Good then. It's too far ahead, anyway. But if you add a decision to invite Albania to the Yugoslav Defense League, i would be more happy to play the League.

Re Greater Hungary:
Just want to point it out, West Banat is a new state created since 1.6, if that's a bug, please fix the event then. But if the devs' intention for the Hungarian player is "MUST going to war to take the rest a.k.a. West Banat state", then it's okay.

Surrendering Macedonia gives Bulgaria two states, but Yugoslavia only loses the core on one of them. Is this intended?
Southern Serbia is still Serbian, that's intended.

What’ll happen to the Byzantine and Ottoman Formable nations? Forgot to ask about that last week.
BYZ are for the memes, period. But Hellas is much more fun. Maybe you would be interested to play SFNR - The Mod to see the Suggestions that are intended for the WTT-exclusive Formable Nations Rework?

Reactions:
Great work, but... adding Goga but not adding Codreanu?
Really?
Thanks for Yugoslavia anyway

Goga's portrait was already in, he just wasn't hooked up until now. Codreanu's art has been added as well, I just haven't scripted him in yet because I haven't had time. I want to do it properly so as soon as I get a chance to give it proper attention, he will be added :)

• 10Love
  • 9Like
Reactions:
Did some quick search and I found these 2 flags that could have been used for Bosnia and North Macedonia. One is the flag of the Bosnia vilayet and the other being the flag of the proposed German puppet Macedonia in 1944 aka the flag of IMRO. Found both via Wikipedia. It would be great if these 2 flags were used instead of the very modern ones.

View attachment 634242View attachment 634243
Bosnia Macedonia

The Macedonian one is actually already in the game as the fascist ideology flag. But as the flag changes with the ideology, democratic uses the modern one, and I don't think they want to use the same flag for different ideologies. The old Macedonian sun or the Macedonian lion or something are probably better flags than the modern one for the time.

The Bosnian one is not in the game, and is probably a better one than the modern one used in the game for democratic Bosnia now.

• 1Like
Reactions: