HOI4 Dev Diary - Yugoslavia and Air Zones

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Like the air zone changes. I hope you guys continue adding / modifying existing zones for DoD as there are many areas that need some improvement. Like splitting the Baltic sea in to North and South I think would be a welcome change I think. There was also a good community discussion about air zones that might be informative and provide insight on the consideration of adding/changing air zones as well. I personally feel we need more, but there was no consensus on my opinion.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/land-based-naval-air-useless.1008975/page-4

I'm not entirely happy with how the German tree handles Yugoslavia, but fixing that will be part of the German tree rework coming in A Future Patch.
I know this is looking ahead a bit, but are you planning on a big all-singing, all-dancing National Focus Rework Patch, or are you going to tackle each of the Majors (and Poland?) separately?

Has more flavour work been done on the constituent countries of Yugoslavia? I made some proposals for improving Serbia a while back but Bosnia, Slovenia, Montenegro (if they have been added) and Croatia could also use a bit of love. Hell, maybe even Macedonia could be thrown in the pot.

Obviously there's a limit to what you can do for countries that few people play and which will only appear when the player decides to release them, so they won't get focus trees, but a bit of artwork (and a reworking or existing artwork) and names/flags could go a long way.

EDIT: i.e., the current fascist Serbia flag appears to be some kind of Chetnik flag overlaid on a Serbian one (which makes no sense really, at least when you release Serbia as Nazi Germany). This was the real flag of the nearest historical equivalent of "Fascist Serbia"-

Flag_of_Serbia%2C_1941-1944.svg

Last edited:
Awesome tree and I love how u guys added Iran for flavour names

But I noticed the Yugoslav tank models look like the polish ones, and I noticed no 3D tank models either, are these place holders or are we not getting them?

@podcat @Archangel85

Any thought to terrain restricting the interior of the Arabian peninsula?

Yay for AI Update next week.

Oh, Yugoslavia and new air zones looks promising, too ;) .

PS: will development go faster if we send kebabs? Or maybe we could start a HOI4/Stellaris Kebab fund?

A couple of suggestions concerning airzones in Finland and Karelia:
Rename Finland to Southern Finland
Rename Northern Scandinavia to Northern Finland
Create a new airzone, Karelia, like this:
IMG_0332.JPG
(This took me 10 hours in paint)

We cheated a bit and took the names from the HoI 3 namelist. Everyone uses Lentorykmentti NUMBER, except for strategic bombers and transport planes (Kaukopommituslennosto and Ilmakuljetus, respectively)
A Lentorykmentti (Flight Regiment) is comprised of several Lentolaivue (Flight Squadron), but that's fine because the Finnish squadrons were generally so small, a few dozen planes at the most, that they don't translate well into HoI4. So using "Lentorykmentti" rather than "Lentolaivue" ends up being more accurate, unless someone really feels like microing many small wings.

Just a remark, if Germany don't declares war on Poland to start ww2, for sure the Balkans will start it.
Just imagine a ahistorical MP game wher you got all the DoD countries , Poland, Greece, Bulgaria and the majors....