HOI4 Dev Diary - XMAS & Hotfix out!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

podcat

Game Director <unannounced>
Paradox Staff
12 Badges
Jul 23, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
xmas.jpg

Hi everyone :D Hope everyone has been having a good time playing Together for Victory. This will be the last diary of the year, so lets get to it!

We haven't had time to gather much statistics yet about the release, but I'd figure I'd at least dig up the most popular of the commonwealth nations the last few days:
1. India
2. Canada
3. Australia and South Africa (basically same score)
4. New Zealand

I actually thought India would end up below Australia, but nope. In longer games (15h+) Canada ends up about same score as India though.

Mod use is also record high just before release of TFV at 60%(!!!) of player. By far the highest of any of PDS titles, and we'll be buckling up next year to give even better support to modders as well in light of this.

When this diary goes out we have just put the 1.3.1 hotfix live. Go here for details. We know it doesnt fix everything reported, but rather than wait until after christmas we wanted to make sure the stuff we had out and tested got to reach everyone playing rather than just people who opted into beta. Tomorrow pretty much everyone on the team go off to celebrate christmas. We will be back on 8/1 full of candy and fighting spirit and start working on reported issues for the next hotfix. I'll also give you some roadmap for the future then when it comes to patches.

Merry Christmas everyone (although I suspect I'll see you around on the forum durign the holidays also ;))

Last edited:
Reactions:
Right On!
Thank you all!!
Merry Christmas!!!

Reactions:
Thanks :) Yeah we will be recharging batteries a bit. Autumn and winter have been so busy!

Reactions:
Thanks for all the effort you guys put in, but you really ought to work on your timing. Releasing a buggy game/patch, punching out a partial hotfix and then going on holidays for a few weeks (I'm getting some deja vu here) doesn't seem like the best approach to me.
Enjoy your holidays though, you probably still deserve them :p

Reactions:
Thanks :) Yeah we will be recharging batteries a bit. Autumn and winter have been so busy!

As the war goes on, it is time for a Christmas truce ;)

Time to meet in the trenches, exchange holiday greetings, souvenirs and to sing Christmas carols.

Just don't let any of the generals get you down about taking such breaks, it is well deserved!

Merry Christmas to the entire dev team and a happy new year!

Reactions:
All the best to the gang - looking to playing TFV when I get back to the UK and my laptop. Glad there's a hot-fix for everyone's Christmas games!

Maybe I should write a yuletide song for HOI4 as well? It was such a popular thing for CK2 and EU4. ;)

Yes it was, I loved that in both of those games!! That would be amazing :)

Reactions:
Maybe I should write a yuletide song for HOI4 as well? It was such a popular thing for CK2 and EU4. ;)
I'd love to see that not gonna lie.

Reactions:
Kudos to all ppl involved! Merry Xmas :)

Reactions:
Reactions:
What exactly means "mod support 60%"?
Do 60% of the players use 1,..,n mods?

Reactions:
What exactly means "mod support 60%"?
Do 60% of the players use 1,..,n mods?
oh :D thats why I should get someone to proofread. text fixed

Reactions: