HOI4 Dev Diary - Squanching them bugs

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

podcat

Game Director <unannounced>
Paradox Staff
12 Badges
Jul 23, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
Hi everyone, yesterday the 1.3.2 Hotfix went live for Hearts of Iron IV so now its time to talk a bit about what we are up to next.

As I hinted at last week we have been listening to the community and decided that we want to put a heavier emphasis on bug fixing and improvements this year for the team. Hearts of Iron IV is a big complex game with a lot of moving parts and we are doing this both for you the gamers and ourselves so that we have a more stable and polished base to build new cool stuff on as well. This is something we started laying the foundations for just before Christmas by making sure we organize all our recorded issues and tasks to make sure we focus on the right stuff and have good progress.

For starters we are currently working on 1.3.3 which is going to be things that didnt make it into the 1.3.x hotfixes previously, general improvements across the board with fixes and improvements to balance, AI, bugfixing etc as well as a big chunk of stuff for modders @Havebeard has been working on. This means that 1.3.3 will have no major system rewrites or anything like that, but a bunch of nice stuff all over. You can expect this patch to drop in a couple of weeks.

After that will be focusing our efforts on the 1.4 Patch we’ve named “Oak” which will be a much larger work. Our highest priorities on the Oak patch will be improvements to air warfare and interfaces and AI as well as late game performance, but very much not limited to this. More details about this and the rest of the year will come once 1.3.3 is approaching readiness.

Turns out us showing off The Great War mod last year was very popular so for todays World War Wednesday (at 16:00CET on www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive today) we will continue with some more mod highlights. First up is Black ICE, but we plan to highlight a couple more and then decide which one we want to do a longer playthrough in.

Next week I’m going to see if I can trick @Havebeard into writing a modding dev diary for you all about some of the stuff we have done as well as new stuff coming :3

Reactions:
Here's to a high squish count.

*cheers*

------

Reactions:
It is interesting to see Devs playing mods. I can also recommend da9l playing Expert A.I. Mod. Just search it on Youtube.

Reactions:
It looks promising !

Reactions:
Awesome!

Reactions:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Improvements to air warfare.... oooh, I can't wait :D

Reactions:
Would you or another dec be interested in playing Kaiserreich? It's an amazing mod with an interesting alt history and some difficult nations(nationalist France invading France, Canada invading Britain)
its planned next week

Reactions:
its planned next week
Awesome! Personally I hope you play nationalist France(if the mod has been updated with the SCW! Iv taken a break from HOI4 to play CK2 so I can start a mega campaign until Kaiserreich and the game itself are updated a bit)

Reactions:
Looks promising. Is there a 2017 road map? Is Oak a hint to Oak Island and a hidden treasure? ;)

Reactions:
Good to hear. This is the approach the stellaris team took too and i think it's paying off there.

Really look forward to the changes to the air war, currently its not very fun.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Good to hear. This is the approach the stellaris team took too and i think it's paying off there.

Really look forward to the changes to the air war, currently its not very fun.

Yeah. I often have to remind myself to actually do it: if it weren't for the air superiority icon in the ground combat display I would probably forget completely.

Reactions:
so I'm guessing the DLC coming alongside 1.4 will feature minor axis focus trees? Operation oak was an axis operation while torch was an allied operation.

Reactions: