HOI4 Dev Diary - South Africa - together for victory?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Please tell me the used King is Edward VIII. If it is I promise to buy the expansion as soon as I buy a computer that can run HOI4.
there is a very high chance of that ;)

Reactions:
I'm not sure that communist South Africa would be so white.
Well the long time head of the Communist Party (I think he was also number 2 in the ANC) in South Africa during the Apartheid era was white if I remember correctly. Not saying it would have been in the 1936-46 period. In fact I think (not sure) the likelihood of a Communist South Africa was highly unlikely. Most likely either democratic or Fascist.

Communist South Africa can recruit black generals, democratic and fascist can not. that one actually required a bit of clever coding, but I think it is a really neat feature.

Cool attention to detail :). Does that mean that generals now have a racial variable or some other code jujitsu?

If a person is born and raised in a nation where his ancestors have lived for generations, does the colour of his skin matter when overthrowing foreign overlordship?

Judging by what happened in a lot of the anti-colonial spasms in Africa, yes. Things were normally perceived along heavily ethnicity based lines.

Cool attention to detail :). Does that mean that generals now have a racial variable or some other code jujitsu?
Isn't it just a matter of using the new features (in the last DD) to set Communist SAF to use African Generals and Fascist/Neutral/Democratic SAF to use European ones.

Reactions:
Isn't it just a matter of using the new features (in the last DD) to set Communist SAF to use African Generals and Fascist/Neutral/Democratic SAF to use European ones.

I'd say so :). That diary hadn't come out when I posted my original question, so at that point I had no idea how it'd be done.