HOI4 Dev Diary - PdxCon Recap and Team update

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
And can you imagine any delay caused by having too many partisans rising up in Poland, crippling the supplies of AG Centre at the gates of Moscow? Good lord I would love that! :p
Italian trains would be immune tho since they always run on time ;P

Any plans to update the older dlc trees (TFV/DoD) after USSR and Italy?
I suspect we will wanna keep doing at least more fixes similar to what we did with Yugoslavia in BFTB to keep stuff hummin'

Is there a chart for mod popularity over the course of time?
Sadly not. could probably assemble it from old posts I have made, but percentages dont tell the whole story. a % can go down because we just get more players even if that mod also got more players etc.

So, no air rework in the plans?
For a detailed updated roadmap I tend to wait until after each expansion is out. I cant remember if air changes are on that one, but its been discussed a few times internally among the things we think could be improved

• 44Like
  • 7Haha
  • 2Love
Reactions:
A new partisan system? :oops: I must have missed an earlier mention of that.
I was talking about LaR which came with a revamp on occupations, resistance etc

One very important question regarding logistics: What will happen if our country capital will be cut off from rest of country?
Right now this thing happening is almost overkill, becase immidetily all of country becomes out of supply.
How it will work in new system?
Details in future supply diary, but there is a way to reroute for you (comes with some tradeoffs)

What do the % represent here?
How many of daily players play with that mod

Hi devs

Please don’t forget Asian minors. Philippines and Siam in particular both fought in ww2.

Might help Japan to have a stronger Siam especially coop multiplayer.

But it would be cool to see maybe Mongolia. Maybe have Tibet help the Chinese front. I’m not sure if Iran and Afghanistan are in the Middle East but perhaps them as well.

Oh and honestly I think Belgium deserves one too. Sorta similar to the Dutch fleeing to Indonesia with Congo maybe?
yeah I think a lot of asian minors and the general area + pacific could have more interesting stuff too

• 31Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Finally Partisans!!! Hope Yugoslavia would have special operation to utilize this new mechanic.
Just to be clear. Partisans as represented in the resistance system we did with lar. its not something new. But we needed those changes to properly handle occupation effects and such

It's worth pointing out they were talking about "mechanics IN DLC", they didn't mention mechanics in patches. One issue EU4 & CK2 had was that when mechanics get introduced in DLC it's a lot harder to allocate time to go back and fix them. It's why for Stellaris & EU4 they ended up pulling DLC features into the main game.

Hopefully Podcat just means the DLC will be country packs mainly & all engine / mechanics changes come in patches.

But maybe I'm being optimistic.

(He mentioned peace conferences & air rework - no realistic way can they be DLC locked.)
Yeah you understood me correctly. Long term we wanna move away from more paid large mechanics because its getting more and more fragile as we grow

will you guys be working on fixing existing bugs in the game in the near or far future? stuff like Transylvania, Austria-Hungary, Bessarabia, china, and even spain are still bugged. would love to see quality of life improvements in the future. I can provide a list of bugs i have found if you'd like.
We have a bugfix patch happening around anniversary so stay tuned

@podcat My question is, will it be possible to register unique 3d models of all types of trains for each country? Since in the United States and in the USSR and Germany, the trains were different in appearance, I want to make unique models of ordinary freight and military trains for each of the major countries)
we got different train models coming. future diary :)

• 41Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 21Like
  • 4Love
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
@podcat Just curious whether you can or want to answer it: Now that (former) Game Director @Arheo has joined the team, are you both Co-GDs or have you fallen up the ladder or has he been "demoted"?
We aren't usually so formal with responsibilities and usually agree on stuff so we are both helping out with making the game and running thing :)

• 17Like
Reactions:
Were there copyright issues behind naming it "no step back" instead of "not one step back", or is one of the devs just really into baby talk?
I liked how it sounded ;D I asked a russian guy what he felt sounded most correct also ;D also 4 words is long and annoying

• 7Like
Reactions: