• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HOI4 Dev Diary - PdxCon & Moving Madness!

Hi everyone! Today will be a short dev diary because we are preparing for PdxCon and also moving office at the same time. Its not chaotic at all :D

PdxCon this year is in Berlin, and there is going to be lots of cool reveals, beers and pretzels! We will be announcing our expansion (the trailer is <3 guys) and talk about most of the details in it. Here are some of the HOI highlights:
  • The big Announcement Show starting at 10am CEST over at twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive
  • I do a talk on HOI, HOI community, expansion and the future
  • We have a both with a new challenge (so make sure you have done 30 minutes of Hel) because the winners record this year on the new one will be a new achivement :)
  • @Bratyn and @Archangel85 are holding a talk about content design and focus trees
  • We have a competitive HOI4 MP stream with streamers and devs on Sunday the 20th at 5pm CEST - (twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive)
  • Most importantly you get to hang out with us and look at cool paradox stuff. The other games have a lot of cool things to announce also.. :)
A lot of this will be streamed as well if you cant make it to Berlin :)

upload_2019-10-16_12-30-19.png

Probably last day I get to say hi to the old office sign!

We are also moving offices. The company is always growing and me being an old hand feel like we move about every year ;D but I guess it has been a few years now since the last move ;) This means we will have proper space to work (its super cramped at the moment), and more importantly.. more space to play boardgames ;)

This is currently what most peoples desks look like:
upload_2019-10-16_12-31-48.png

Next week I will do a diary to talk a bit about PdxCon and summarize all the new announcements and stuff for those that couldn't be there and after that we will dig into the details of the announced features. We wont have a stream next week because the studio wont be ready, but we plan to start those up soon so we can show you guys what we have been working on. Look forward to it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for the long due Peace Conference rework, we've been expecting it for years now.

You people is the best! :D

Hang on a moment, Project Nero is a known codename for a PDS game and Twilight Struggle is a Cold War game. Are those board games a hint that the new game that’ll be announced is a Cold War GSG?

It's clearly hinting at EU:Rome 2.

This is currently what most peoples desks look like:
index.php
*Sees Phalanx Games' NERO box* Ah, I see you are boardgamers of culture as well.:cool:
Also a Dutch version of their WATERLOO game? Interesting...

Hang on a moment, Project Nero is a known codename for a PDS game and Twilight Struggle is a Cold War game. Are those board games a hint that the new game that’ll be announced is a Cold War GSG?

But there's also Europa Universalis in that box. Now this might seem just a bit far-fetched, but I think the European update is gonna feature the Cold War. CK2 has been extended by almost 300 years since launch, so a mere 150-ish to EU4 isn't exactly much. I know that would run over both Victoria and HoI, but the former hasn't seen an entry for years and the latter needs atleast two more costly expansions to be good. Meanwhile EU4 is really nice, they would just have to change the end-date et voila: Cold War! /s

Jokes aside, I really want a Cold War GSG because then someone could make a converter to IR for when you learn to stop worrying a bit too much.

<Looks at the box photo, crosses fingers.>

Waterloo? Victoria 3 1815 start date confirmed!

I am wondering what the new challenge will be. The last one was pratically a joke. You could trigger a civil war and avoid the declaration of war from Germany, or fortify 3 provinces with more than 10 divisions each and wait for time to pass by while Germany kept wasting manpower at your entrenched army.

People are wrong, from that thing on top of the box the next game clearly will be about Star Wars :cool:

Seriously, I just don't want it to be CK3 before we can even have a VIC3. And that aside I am more hyped about the DLC than the new game

Is this a COLD WAR START DATE confirmed?