HOI4 - Dev Diary - June 17th - Patch 1.1 "Red Ball Express"

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They might push a hotfix to 1.1 this week, but yea, I wouldn't expect much else until, well, yea the end of August at the earliest.

But as the wise man said - they get to it, when they get to it.

They might push a hotfix to 1.1 this week, but yea, I wouldn't expect much else until, well, yea the end of August at the earliest.

But as the wise man said - they get to it, when they get to it.

That's incorrect. Podcat said that they'd probably be pushing a patch tomorrow morning Swedish time. Not sure if that's 1.1 final or just a hotfix to the 1.1 beta. Either way, he's stated a couple times now that they want to patch a bunch of issues before summer break.

So don't count on any additional fixes after 1.1 until after summer break.

Reactions:
That's incorrect. Podcat said that they'd probably be pushing a patch tomorrow morning Swedish time. Not sure if that's 1.1 final or just a hotfix to the 1.1 beta. Either way, he's stated a couple times now that they want to patch a bunch of issues before summer break.

Soo what was I incorrect about?

I doubt they would do that. They need this whole week to get something out by Friday morning. Releasing something Tuesday is a waste of 2 good work days.

I doubt they would do that. They need this whole week to get something out by Friday morning. Releasing something Tuesday is a waste of 2 good work days.

Well, the problem with that is Podcat explicitly said today that they would have a fix available tomorrow morning Swedish time. So.......

Additionally, who said you can't patch in increments? The HoI4 team can release what fixes they have so far, take feedback, and release another fix on Friday if necessary.

Well, the problem with that is Podcat explicitly said today that they would have a fix available tomorrow morning Swedish time. So.......

Additionally, who said you can't patch in increments? The HoI4 team can release what fixes they have so far, take feedback, and release another fix on Friday if necessary.
Point me in the direction of that post he made.

Reactions:
Just have to say that i just watched a short film about the "Red Ball Express."
Good choice for a patch name.
Keep the game moving and let nothing stop you.
Looking forward to other patch names you guys come up with.
lossy-page1-800px-Corporal_Charles_H._Johnson_of_the_783rd_Military_Police_Battalion%2C_waves_on_a_%22Red_Ball_Express%22_motor_convoy..._-_NARA_-_531220.tif.jpg

Reactions:
Yes, certainly. Though as the system attempts to find the closest suitable unit, this changes reduces the issue even for larger fronts until we have time to make a more thorough solution for it.
Besides by increasing the minimum distance for SR you really do help with the problem. Now a person can realistically create plans with medium size frontages (instead of only tiny ones) in which it is unlikely that the AI will ever use SR at all. This combined with the aggressive setting might just get the ball rolling.

I am curious whether the AI will be "fond" of using the aggressive setting for executing its own plans and how it will determine which to use.

Has anyone else experienced a massive and persistent slowdown? Everything just randomly became laggy and unresponsive to the point it's unplayable.

I'm using an Asus G752VL, which played the game at max setting fine until recently.

Troubleshooting and thing's I've already tried that didn't work at all.

- Restarting PC multiple times
- Minimum video settings
- Updating to 1.1 beta patch
- Updating OS, drivers, and anything else that needed updating
- Ccleaning and Defraggling
- Disabling all unnecessary background tasks

Not even a slight increase in FPS

I looked at the CPU usage, and HOI4 uses up around 18% CPU and 1050mb of RAM (with minimum settings). Does that seem right? What could possibly cause this issue?

Also, the game crashes the first time I try to launch it every damn time...

Last edited:
Division of Volunteers during the Civil War returned, walking distance from all over the place as the shipment arrived.
Probelmy: after the civil war, these divisions are not sent volunteers. Off send button. The rest of the division, you can send

if its alright could you guys add in and disable the ability of the usa doing war plan black, white and orange if political party is 40% communist or fascist because im trying to turn them fascist in my fascist philippines play through and its just dumb that they are doing a focus that would have them at war or hated by their soon to be communist or fascist allies

Suggestions for Next Patch

1. Volunteers: Germany and Italy sending panzer divisions to China is ridiculous. The United States sending huge volunteers to France during early 1939 is equally insane. I'd recommend only being able to send volunteers to Civil Wars, maybe.

Reactions:
Suggestions for Next Patch

1. Volunteers: Germany and Italy sending panzer divisions to China is ridiculous. The United States sending huge volunteers to France during early 1939 is equally insane. I'd recommend only being able to send volunteers to Civil Wars, maybe.
or get rid of it entirely.