HOI4 Dev Diary - India - Struggle for Independence

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
RE: Seek help from Germany, does that path require a Germany + Japan Axis? In a scenario where Japan is in its own faction that may not be consistent. Would it be possible to be "Seek help from Fascists" or something like that? Or even two parallel focuses- IIRC he went to Germany and only managed to get some POWs for his side, but Japan was behind the funding and weaponry. I can definitely imagine a scenario where Germany backs them and sends them to the Eastern Front or some such so it might be cool to have two options there :)

Reactions:
going the "Swarasj-way" in the NF, shouldn't be the Industry-focuses like "British investors" etc more "Neutral"? don't thing there would be many british investorys to help a axis-friendly Indian goverment ... more like "foreign investors"? or something like this.. or would this part of the NF be blocked with going "Swaraj" sooner?

but great work :)

EDIT: btw, for people who are missing potcats twitter news... division-AA will be much more helpful in 1.3 :D

Looking very good. I think properly modeling the allies will also give a buff to the axis indirectly, since e.g. SA can't field 60+ divions prior to the war now. I am so hyped!

Nothing in this DD says anything about preventing a puppet from building up its own armed force, i.e. as before.

I demand to see a portrait of Orde Wingate at once! :D

B25-9V2.jpg

Reactions:
I am thinking... maybe it should be possible for the "master" to dictate which NF his subjects are picking... paying PP for the right to pick a NF (more if the subject is nearer to freedom), but only AFTER it has picked the NF that ties it to the master instead of drifting away?

So, who is the person rocking those sweet ass shades?

Also, looks great, as with all the information given to in these dev diaries, although I find that the India tree is a bit small, and seems to favor going Fascist to Communist (as it offers one more national focus).

EDIT: It's Lakshmi Sahgal!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakshmi_Sahgal

Last edited:
Reactions:
Will there be any representation of the Princely States or the post-independence conflicts they triggered, like Operation Polo and the Kashmir crisis?

It will be disappointing unless you give AI Raj/India the highest "nuke usage chance" variable.

Reactions:
Nothing in this DD says anything about preventing a puppet from building up its own armed force, i.e. as before.

That is not what I meant. Canada and SA will get more restrictive use of manpower via national spirit. India has to fight the famine. Australia will have the great depression. This will make all the commonwealth nations less powerful I believe, therefore the allies as total weaker. As of now, you can LL all your stuff to India, field an SOV-sized army full of everything and steamroll the world. This won't be possible that easily (I hope).

Btw, nothing has been said about the research slots. Will they stay as they are?

Can you split Burma from India?? Burma was governed separately from India.
According to History, My country Burma joined force with Japan to fight Great Britain in our home land.
The British and Indian forces retreated back to India.
Actually, there had been a number of great battles occurred in my country's land during WW 2 likes battle of Meiktila, battle of Imphal and Kohima .
In fact, when the Japanese denied the real independence and caused trouble around our nation, we joined with the allied again to fight the imperial Japanese army.
If you want, you can also make a modified national focus in India or the Great Britain regarding these events likes you did in Japanese national focus of ' Indian Army'.

Reactions:
Can you split Burma from India?? Burma was governed separately from India.
According to History, My country Burma joined force with Japan to fight Great Britain in our home land.
The British and Indian forces retreated back to India.
Actually, there had been a number of great battles occurred in my country's land during WW 2 likes battle of Meiktila, battle of Imphal and Kohima .
In fact, when the Japanese denied the real independence and caused trouble around our nation, we joined with the allied again to fight the imperial Japanese army.
If you want, you can also make a modified national focus in India or the Great Britain regarding these events likes you did in Japanese national focus of ' Indian Army'.
Burma was historically part of the British Raj. It should have it's own tag because it was never part of India-Proper, and India shouldn't get to keep Burma since they had no interest in keeping it, however Burma is rightfully part of the British Raj as a colonial government.

Reactions:
@podcat Historically, high ranking officers from India were from british ascendance, and it was the same after war, but gradually native hindus became leaders of the indian army. In the game, a country can only fit in one category in the 00_names file, making India stuck with english name for their generals/admirals even if it became independant. Is there any change in this ?

Reactions:
When recruiting colonial units, the division uses the masters equipment but does it also use the masters tech like land doctrine and any other tech bonuses?
Do Colonial divisions have any negatives to the divisions stats like a -10 org penalty for things like language problems?

If I am playing as India, will i be able to see and track any colonial divisions recruit by the UK from me? Do i have any control over them? And the biggest question is what happens to those colonial divisions when India gains its independence by fair means or foul?

Reactions:
Finally! I never played India because the only interesting path, in my opinion, was to seek independence! Its finally possible! Might there be a chance for WWII to begin over India?

Reactions: