• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

fuser1

Second Lieutenant
40 Badges
Nov 26, 2016
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
A person makes an entire post filled with nothing else but ad hominems and calls other trolls, oh the irony. Once again another one of those "everything is fine" brigade who are not here for what are you arguing but "How Dare You Argue". Look back and see if all you got is ad hominems then just stop.

Meanwhile yes to reiterate I am not happy with a supposedly WW2 game, which has the Byzantine empire but no continuation war and over 4 years is not a short time.

And finally, I am agreeing with people and giving them likes even when they don't agree with my viewpoints and are providing counterarguments, the only problematic guys are the ones here who have to resort to ad hominems and strawman and just can't even fathom for some strange reason that people may not like the game at it is and have the gall to present that opinion.

Reactions:

Dlin369

Colonel
56 Badges
Aug 17, 2017
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
I think Turkey and Bulgaria are definitely on the list, it's hard to say however which country will be the 4th assuming if they will even do the 4th one.
We can rule Austria out since it's not the Balkan nation and PDX always focuses on expanding countries that are neighbouring eachother which allows for bigger interractions between them.

Albania would be a weird choice, simply because it's a small nation and it also dissapeared from the map in 38, unless if they plan to create a submissive path when Italy takes them over, but at the same time they are the only other potentinal nation in that region. I'm also hoping they expand Yugo/Romania focuses and events.
I think the fact that Albania's tree would be fairly short and small might actually help its case - allow them to squeeze it in to the country pack. Especially for alt history scenarios with expansionist Bulgaria, Greece and/or Yugoslavia, having an Albania that can have some minor interactions would be decent. At the very least, reducing the amount of factories it can generate before Italy annexes them would better reflect the historical poverty Albania experience prewar

• 6Like
Reactions:

Zauberelefant

Lt. General
18 Badges
Oct 26, 2011
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • 500k Club
A person makes an entire post filled with nothing else but ad hominems and calls other trolls, oh the irony. Once again another one of those "everything is fine" brigade who are not here for what are you arguing but "How Dare You Argue". Look back and see if all you got is ad hominems then just stop.

Meanwhile yes to reiterate I am not happy with a supposedly WW2 game, which has the Byzantine empire but no continuation war and over 4 years is not a short time.

And finally, I am agreeing with people and giving them likes even when they don't agree with my viewpoints and are providing counterarguments, the only problematic guys are the ones here who have to resort to ad hominems and strawman and just can't even fathom for some strange reason that people may not like the game at it is and have the gall to present that opinion.
Cool that you acknowledge that it's been over 4 years. Factual statements make debate worthwhile.

You should maybe look up what "ad hominem" means - it's not the expression of "me no like you", but "me no like you, therefore you wrong".
But people can be obnoxious and wrong at the same time, y'know? I think I read something between the lines (or written clearly) that you deem some people, yours sincerely included, to be both wrong and people you'd rather not associate with.

The good news is: you're not wrong. There is no wrong side here, you're just less patient than others and very dependent on consent. (mark: not ad hominem, just a statement on your conduct in this thread)

However, it's odd that in this exchange of opinions, you have a certain air of..."all wrong, me not" and call people funny names, trolls, fanboys, to quote the most prominent. Also, standard tactic of yours is the feigned resignation, but you always manage to come back with the exact same talking point.
But clearly, people responding to your opinions in dissent are at fault.

And now to the facts: the continuation war was in the game, which I distinctly remember, because Finland was always going down vs soviet because of AI trouble. It's now out of the game and that is currently the better solution.

Like you learned, it's been a little less than 5 years, and if the take the period between "bad continuation war" and today, it might be closer to 3, coming from 2. But I don't know exactly. It's been a while.

Byzantine empire is a phantasy, that took, as we learned from other formable fantasy nations, probably one hour of work. Because it doesn't require a focus tree, it doesn't require people, it's a decision with tag change and colour change, requiring few linea of code.
So, yes, if you think that was the one hour that would have made a USSR focus tree, decisions, portraits, Finland focus tree, yadda,yadda, ground war rework, logistics mechanic etc - then yes, PDX are the baddies.

So, the strawmen. I don't know which that would be, as you didn't specify satisfyingly, but again I believe you're not using the term correctly.
Let me steelman instead what I understood:

PDX wilfully did launch an incomplete game that was never intended as a WW2 Simulation, neglected basically every major theatre of WW2 at Launch and then added broken stuff at a glacial pace. You feel tricked as a customer into buying a game that says WW2 on the cover and delivers Al-Andaluz instead. It's inconceivable that people would have a different attitude than yours.

To which I say:

That's pretty accurate, except that hoi4 was always planned and marketed as a sandbox game allowing for alt history.
Knowing the franchise, one should prepare for a little waiting time.
It's certainly not helpful to go around bashing left and right and call people names and refuse to see points that go against your ranting.

I am very sorry for you if your experience in this thread has been less than stellar and if me or someone sharing my sentiments has offended you.

• 6Like
Reactions:

Harin

Colonel
31 Badges
Jun 8, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris
  • Pride of Nations
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Arsenal of Democracy
Forgive me if I am out of bounds, but it seems you would have preferred that the Continuation War had been added to the game well before other content that was added. I get that. I, personally, have a rather long list of things that I believe should have been addressed long ago.

I think the potential of the game to be so much better can get me frustrated when the things I want fixed do not seem to even make the to-do list for the developers. I do hope they get to the Continuation War sooner, rather than later. I have read many posts about the Continuation War, so you are not alone. One poster in particular I like to read is @Fulmen, when it comes to Finland, though there are quit a few others with meaningful knowledge on the subject. You should do a search and see for yourself. After you catch up on what others are saying about the subject maybe you would post on the Suggestion Page some specifics.

After all these years, it does seem probable that the next large DLC will address the East Front. That expansion has the greatest chance of addressing the Continuation War than any other past DLC. I suspect some of the things on my list have a decent chance of getting addressed then. Good luck on your list.

• 5Like
Reactions:

Áurum

First Lieutenant
20 Badges
Dec 17, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
I think this is a cool move and don’t really understand why people are moaning.

Its extra content while not pulling the main team away from the big stuff, as long as it’s the same quality as the main teams work (which from this brief intro to it I can see no reason it wouldn’t be) why wouldn’t you like it.
Anything that helps to add new content is fine. Not every new focus tree needs new mechanics.

• 1Like
Reactions:

fuser1

Second Lieutenant
40 Badges
Nov 26, 2016
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Stellaris
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
Cool that you acknowledge that it's been over 4 years. Factual statements make debate worthwhile.
Never said otherwise. I don't know what you are trying to do here. If you are lying please stop, how can it work? If not then you really need to go back clear your mind and read the discussion before coming back.

You should maybe look up what "ad hominem" means - it's not the expression of "me no like you", but "me no like you, therefore you wrong".
But people can be obnoxious and wrong at the same time, y'know? I think I read something between the lines (or written clearly) that you deem some people, yours sincerely included, to be both wrong and people you'd rather not associate with.
The post of mine that you are quoting was literally in response to a post that didn't address any of my actual points, called me names like troll ergo my argument has no merit. That's the literal definition of ad hominem. Rather than trying to act high and mighty, try to follow the discussion.

However, it's odd that in this exchange of opinions, you have a certain air of..."all wrong, me not" and call people funny names, trolls, fanboys, to quote the most prominent. Also, standard tactic of yours is the feigned resignation, but you always manage to come back with the exact same talking point.
But clearly, people responding to your opinions in dissent are at fault.
It's more interesting that you see fault in my behavior but not in posts that have been literally nothing but personal attacks. Nowhere I called anyone troll but get called that and yup it's interesting that you found that problematic but not because someone called me that, only because you thought I said that, that's the only thing matters. All I did was called someone fanboy for the first response I got on my first point here was that I was throwing a tantrum. Once again interesting that you didn't find that problematic but my response was to you. So please stop this charade of you just wanting a civil discussion, you just don't like my opinion and rather than arguing in good faith trying to come up with all these excuses to discredit them. This is especially rich coming from a person who is so entitled that they were belittling another poster for not being a poster on the forum for long enough.

So, the strawmen. I don't know which that would be, as you didn't specify satisfyingly, but again I believe you're not using the term correctly.
Again, it's not my problem if you can't follow the discussion, you literally in your first response to me said that I don't think Greece is important, and I did mention that it's a Strawman as I never said anything like that. Once again a literal strawman, please go back and follow the discussion before coming back, this is getting ridiculous. Do go back and try to follow the discussion first.

Like you learned, it's been a little less than 5 years, and if the take the period between "bad continuation war" and today, it might be closer to 3, coming from 2. But I don't know exactly. It's been a while.
Naah I knew that. It's you who is completely devoid of any counter-argument and has to fall back to these stupid shenanigans. Strawman, Ad-Hominem, and now this which I seriously can't tell what it is. Is it really a lie or you really just can't follow a discussion and just want to attack me for I said something that you don't agree with.

Byzantine empire is a phantasy, that took, as we learned from other formable fantasy nations, probably one hour of work. Because it doesn't require a focus tree, it doesn't require people, it's a decision with tag change and colour change, requiring few linea of code.
So, yes, if you think that was the one hour that would have made a USSR focus tree, decisions, portraits, Finland focus tree, yadda,yadda, ground war rework, logistics mechanic, etc - then yes, PDX are the baddies.
Please don't go into hyperbole territory. If your statement starts with "if you think" "you are thinking" just stop. You are about to create a strawman, quote my actual statements, or ask me, this is plain stupid.

That's pretty accurate, except that hoi4 was always planned and marketed as a sandbox game allowing for alt history.
Knowing the franchise, one should prepare for a little waiting time.
Finally, something worthwhile that can be addressed. To me, there is a difference between alt-history and fantasy. Britain going through operation pike and declaring war on USSR is alt-history. Napoleon in France is just fantasy. The simple fact that I have been saying for so long now is that when we have so many fantasy scenario while we lack actual ww2 scenarios, there is clearly at least to me a priority issue. And 4+ year is not a small-time, I have no idea why people think even when game is in the 5th year that just give it time.

It's certainly not helpful to go around bashing left and right and call people names and refuse to see points that go against your ranting.
Once again you clearly ignore all the personal attacks on me from the very beginning but nitpick my comment when I said fanboy while you and many others have constantly done nothing but personally attack me as in this very post of yours too and then you try to act high and mighty about it it's just pathetic, just own up to yours sh** too. I know I haven't been a great example of a civil discussion in this thread but at least I have the honesty to own up to it unlike you and few others who clearly can't see the uncivil behavior and personal attacks, name callings when the side that represents their pov is doing it. If you can't do that, just stop preaching.

Once again it is only you and couple of others who started personal attacks that I am responding with hostility (which tbh I should have avoided ) while people who are genuinely trying to address my points while disagreeing with me are getting acknowledgments from me in the form of likes as can be seen in history. So in closing remarks, if you want to address my point try to do so in a genuine way, don't try to be a preacher when your own house is not in order, you just seem someone who doesn't want to discuss in a good faith at all, given all the hypocritical preachings, strawmen, ad hominems, etc. Try to do better.

Reactions:

Zauberelefant

Lt. General
18 Badges
Oct 26, 2011
  • Darkest Hour
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • 500k Club
Never said otherwise. I don't know what you are trying to do here. If you are lying please stop, how can it work? If not then you really need to go back clear your mind and read the discussion before coming back.

The post of mine that you are quoting was literally in response to a post that didn't address any of my actual points, called me names like troll ergo my argument has no merit. That's the literal definition of ad hominem. Rather than trying to act high and mighty, try to follow the discussion.

It's more interesting that you see fault in my behavior but not in posts that have been literally nothing but personal attacks. Nowhere I called anyone troll but get called that and yup it's interesting that you found that problematic but not because someone called me that, only because you thought I said that, that's the only thing matters. All I did was called someone fanboy for the first response I got on my first point here was that I was throwing a tantrum. Once again interesting that you didn't find that problematic but my response was to you. So please stop this charade of you just wanting a civil discussion, you just don't like my opinion and rather than arguing in good faith trying to come up with all these excuses to discredit them. This is especially rich coming from a person who is so entitled that they were belittling another poster for not being a poster on the forum for long enough.

Again, it's not my problem if you can't follow the discussion, you literally in your first response to me said that I don't think Greece is important, and I did mention that it's a Strawman as I never said anything like that. Once again a literal strawman, please go back and follow the discussion before coming back, this is getting ridiculous. Do go back and try to follow the discussion first.

Naah I knew that. It's you who is completely devoid of any counter-argument and has to fall back to these stupid shenanigans. Strawman, Ad-Hominem, and now this which I seriously can't tell what it is. Is it really a lie or you really just can't follow a discussion and just want to attack me for I said something that you don't agree with.

Please don't go into hyperbole territory. If your statement starts with "if you think" "you are thinking" just stop. You are about to create a strawman, quote my actual statements, or ask me, this is plain stupid.

Finally, something worthwhile that can be addressed. To me, there is a difference between alt-history and fantasy. Britain going through operation pike and declaring war on USSR is alt-history. Napoleon in France is just fantasy. The simple fact that I have been saying for so long now is that when we have so many fantasy scenario while we lack actual ww2 scenarios, there is clearly at least to me a priority issue. And 4+ year is not a small-time, I have no idea why people think even when game is in the 5th year that just give it time.

Once again you clearly ignore all the personal attacks on me from the very beginning but nitpick my comment when I said fanboy while you and many others have constantly done nothing but personally attack me as in this very post of yours too and then you try to act high and mighty about it it's just pathetic, just own up to yours sh** too. I know I haven't been a great example of a civil discussion in this thread but at least I have the honesty to own up to it unlike you and few others who clearly can't see the uncivil behavior and personal attacks, name callings when the side that represents their pov is doing it. If you can't do that, just stop preaching.

Once again it is only you and couple of others who started personal attacks that I am responding with hostility (which tbh I should have avoided ) while people who are genuinely trying to address my points while disagreeing with me are getting acknowledgments from me in the form of likes as can be seen in history. So in closing remarks, if you want to address my point try to do so in a genuine way, don't try to be a preacher when your own house is not in order, you just seem someone who doesn't want to discuss in a good faith at all, given all the hypocritical preachings, strawmen, ad hominems, etc. Try to do better.
I actually went back to have a leg to stand on.
1. You used the word fanboys in your second post, immediately after someone disagreed to your assessment, without specifying who is meant by that. Sorry, but that isn't the standard you are trying to hold me to.
2. Your post *not about Greece*, where I "strawmanned" you, was about, quote: "countries that played a pivotal role in ww2, like Italy and USSR".
I then asked if you deemed greece, first country to defeat Italy, forcing German intervention on the Balkans, necessitating the demise of the German paratrooper branch, unimportant, which in the context of things going on means: so unimportant that external work which doesn't affect the main schedule should be postponed/not done.
3. I was there thinking that you first said it was over 5 years and no continuation war. Maybe I got that wrong. Fact however is that continuation war was at first in the game. We are in the 3rd year of no continuation war.

4. When I call out someone for creating an account to just spread his blanket disapproval in a rather uncivil manner, that doesn't say that I think people need to spend X time here to have an opinion. I engage in fruitful discussions with "newbies" here, but I think going through the process of creating an account just to have it banned a day later is stupid. Interestingly, I didn't bring that up with you, despite your few posts up to this date.

Anyway, I get it, you're frustrated. Maybe tell that to PDX in a way that reaches them, because the 244th post in a DD thread is unlikely to attract much attention.

• 2Like
Reactions:

Marchael

Private
47 Badges
Jan 1, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
Thrilled to see Paradox working on the Byzantine Empire instead of well known problems with the AI.
You do realize they got a freelancer to do this tree right? It's not like Paradox is pouring all their resources into a Greek tree. They literally said that in this dev diary. You may not have read that.

Reactions:

Chary_

Private
19 Badges
Oct 25, 2018
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
Really hope those Bulgarian province changes aren't final, I mean if you're gonna split it up at least make Pirin it's own state for Yugoslavia to grab or something

Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi

Recruit
7 Badges
Sep 13, 2020
I like the way this Greek tree works, should make the "I Swear I'm not a Byzantophile" Achievement much easier, and fun. I eagerly await this update.

• 1Like
Reactions:

galdirion

Recruit
10 Badges
Apr 7, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
Probably, Europe will be from Greece and Bulgaria.
Opposite the shore, there will be a Sadabat Pact.

Atomichazza

Sergeant
10 Badges
Jun 13, 2017
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
Slightly underwhelming. Another focus tree for a minor that was out of the war for over half of it while the Soviets are a mess and the AI continues to be broken.

Reactions:

blahmaster6k

Bob Semple Tanker
32 Badges
Feb 8, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
It should be noted that some band-aid solutions, like Japan's surrender of its mainland territories, are bugged. China can take Korea after that happens but it's considered to be an occupied territory for the rest of the game so you can't grow your compliance there or anything like that. The same thing happens when Iceland becomes independent from Denmark. If someone has already occupied Iceland and then Denmark proper falls, the "Iceland takes control of foreign affairs" event still pops up and you have to deal with a non-compliant Iceland for the rest of the game

As far as peace deals are concerned I'm partial to the idea of "you conquered it, you get to decide what happens to it." That's generally how the end of WWII happened, and Stalin himself remarked that the conquerors of WWII got to decide the political destinies of the territories they captured. Situations like the United States puppeting Poland when it was occupied by the Soviets during the war, while East Germany, Czechoslovakia, the Baltics and Romania are all in the Soviet sphere of influence, are nonsensical.
I remember this bug, I as China had the ability to build factories in Korea and had resistance there, but I didn't own it since Korea was independent.

Beserker

Corporal
Feb 26, 2020
I just want my Brazil well represented in the future ✊ (both in game and in real life with politicians lol)

I also wanted to know if someone can answer a question ...

I saw a youtuber that I watch raising a question

Many countries have the non-aligned party "representing" monarchs and monarchical systems, but other countries like Brazil have the non-aligned party representing systems like the new State of Brazil that would be more of a fascist system that simply did not join the Axis because the that the USA offered to Brazil was more opportune, so what I think would be the time also to reshape the game's policy in a general context, adding systems as happened with the USA ... adding also more political parties just like it had in HOI3
I am with you on this one - Brazil has to be better represented (but, just like you, I am clearly biased) and the return of country packs really gives me hope that something could come soon.

Regarding ideologies, if I recall, they have already stated that “Non-Aligned” will have to be split, in order to have a proper Monarchist ideology. Right now, it really doesn’t make sense, as if you restore the Kaiser you get a +10 opinion buff with the ANARCHISTS. I mean, it is really nonsensical.

Also, I hope that, when they work on Brazil, they already have a proper Monarchist ideology. Getúlio Vargas becoming an integralist just because Portugal is boosting monarchism makes absolutely no sense, and having “monarchist” as a separate thing would easily fix that.

Reactions:

Beserker

Corporal
Feb 26, 2020
Italy will be fully reworked in an expansion, not a country pack.
You know, I find that a bit... odd. Don’t get me wrong, Italy SHOULD be in an expansion, that’s for sure. But now that they are tackling Greece, and probably Turkey and Bulgaria, where would Italy fit?

Contrary to most people, I think Italy’s FT is by far worse than that of the Soviets and deserves more love. But I can’t see who would come with Italy in an expansion... Austria? Albania? Ethiopia? Switzerland? The first three are annexed rather soon and Switzerland... is Switzerland :) - they were 100% neutral the entire war!

In short, I just can’t see how they could add an “Italy themed” expansion after this pack is released. It would either be pretty much Italy alone, or Italy + 3 other random nations or so...

Anyhow, it’s just speculation, at this point. We’ll have to wait and see

Reactions:

Beserker

Corporal
Feb 26, 2020
Omg independent transylvania :O
When I noticed this, I couldn’t believe I hadn’t seen anyone talk about this here. Finally someone comments about it! That screenshot as a whole is very interesting. Transylvania owns almost all of Romania and the Ukrainian SSR owns Bessarabia, if I recall. And I don’t remember Transylvania even EXISTING in the current patch, so I’m very curious to see what the devs are working on ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:

blahmaster6k

Bob Semple Tanker
32 Badges
Feb 8, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
I am with you on this one - Brazil has to be better represented (but, just like you, I am clearly biased) and the return of country packs really gives me hope that something could come soon.

Regarding ideologies, if I recall, they have already stated that “Non-Aligned” will have to be split, in order to have a proper Monarchist ideology. Right now, it really doesn’t make sense, as if you restore the Kaiser you get a +10 opinion buff with the ANARCHISTS. I mean, it is really nonsensical.

Also, I hope that, when they work on Brazil, they already have a proper Monarchist ideology. Getúlio Vargas becoming an integralist just because Portugal is boosting monarchism makes absolutely no sense, and having “monarchist” as a separate thing would easily fix that.
You know, I find that a bit... odd. Don’t get me wrong, Italy SHOULD be in an expansion, that’s for sure. But now that they are tackling Greece, and probably Turkey and Bulgaria, where would Italy fit?

Contrary to most people, I think Italy’s FT is by far worse than that of the Soviets and deserves more love. But I can’t see who would come with Italy in an expansion... Austria? Albania? Ethiopia? Switzerland? The first three are annexed rather soon and Switzerland... is Switzerland :) - they were 100% neutral the entire war!

In short, I just can’t see how they could add an “Italy themed” expansion after this pack is released. It would either be pretty much Italy alone, or Italy + 3 other random nations or so...

Anyhow, it’s just speculation, at this point. We’ll have to wait and see
When I noticed this, I couldn’t believe I hadn’t seen anyone talk about this here. Finally someone comments about it! That screenshot as a whole is very interesting. Transylvania owns almost all of Romania and the Ukrainian SSR owns Bessarabia, if I recall. And I don’t remember Transylvania even EXISTING in the current patch, so I’m very curious to see what the devs are working on ;)
You know you can use multi-quote instead of posting 3 consecutive times in the same thread, right?