• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HOI4 Dev Diary - Beta Patch Update IV

Hi guys, another week another patch update. We are now focusing on stabilizing it and preparing it for release once its gone through testing.

A cool thing we have added this week is new 3d models for Spain and Portugal. All the different civil war sides in Spain now look different. Here is a fancy render of what they look like in detail:
render_02.png

(pardon the german guns for the renders tho ;D)

Check out the changelog since last week:

##################################
# Balance
- neutral government can do collaborations now
- If Britain or France decide to abandon Czechoslovakia or Yugoslavia in their respective event chains, any guarantees they have made to those countries are revoked

# Bugfix
- fixed civil war flags not being cleared when country is annexed by an effect and causing script issues
- fixed some occupation modifiers wrongly being applied after loading a save game
- impassable terrains no longer has resistance
- fixed some issues with resources that was causing inconsistencies with the last added resource type
- "Give up Baleares" and "Refuse to Give up Baleares" events are now fired to Italy instead of Spain.
- fixed china uprising decision not working in some cases
- France should no longer abandon all bonds of fellowship by leaving their faction if they decide to support the Czechs together with Britain, because IT IS NOT THIS DAY
- The EU should now correctly gain cores on Belgium and the Netherlands, Byzanthium and Imperium Romanum now also both gain cores on new states that were previously missing
- Airwing duplication now also copies missions as well as the "auto turn off" training setting
- fixed some bugs that was changing resistance country (by cancelling and recreating resistance) not working
- Evade Blockade decisions will now be properly removed after a country capitulates.
- Germany and Soviet air volunteers can fight each other in the civil war
- Fix a case where carrier combat disruption was not working
- Gibraltar will not generate resistance to any Spanish nation if it is transferred during the SCW.

# Stability & Performance
- fixed a bug that was leaking memory in decision scripted guis
- fixed a ctd that happens when you have invalid color characters
- fixed a ctd that can happen when loading a save that has gie with units in naval transfer
- fixed a crash that happens when saving when a border war ordergroup is invalid
- fixed a ctd that happens during peace conf when the game tries getting tooltip for a deleted action

# UI & Graphics
- Added text-to-speech (Win/Mac) and speech-to-text (Win) to the multiplayer chat
- Added large font support and visual message notification to the multiplayer chat
- Added new 3D models for the various Spanish sides and Portuguese units in La Résistance
- Fixed overflow of resource icons in the state view
- added 'lack of fuel' icon for combat view for the divisions that are lacking fuel

# AI
- Soviets are discouraged from sending volunteers to western Europe
- neutral ai countries won't create collaborations unless it is past 1944 and they are at peace
- ai will not create single state collaborations
- The US should now declare war on Vichy france closer to the historical date
- ITA now no longer invades NOR until FRA falls

# Modding
- added army_ledger navy_ledger air_ledger civilian_ledger tokens for parent_window_token scripted gui entries
- added state modifiers for building & repair speed for specific building types (example state_production_speed_infrastructure_factor state_repair_speed_infrastructure_factor)
- added is_impassable trigger
- added support for highlight_state_targets for decisions which is a script target that can be used for highlighting states. should give improved performance if used instead of highlight_states
- decision scripted guis now supports dirty var as well.
- event effects now accepts variables as its duration entries
- Enabled 3D mesh lookup based on a country's cosmetic tag before checking its true tag.

# Database
- fixed an issue where France would start out with too low war support if Man The Guns was not active
- Vichy France is now informed if any colonial territories are taken over by Free France
- Several new Spanish advisors are now at the service of the different Spanish factions. POUM will also receive a field marshal and two generals upon completion of Masters of Our Own Fate focus.
- Brazilian Fascist party will become an Anti-Monarchist Coalition when Portugal completes the focus Monarchist Uprising in Brazil.
- Added general Jose Asensio Torrado to the Spanish roster, so he can finally show up his cool portrait.
- Fixed missing portrait for Spanish general in vanilla.
- Fixed unlocalized option in one of the Spanish civil war news events.
- Spanish Election of 1936 events will now get the current Spanish leader, Niceto Alcala-Zamora.
- Updated BLR division names to use Belarusian instead of Russian.
- Added in decision category art for generic formable nations.
- The UK will now prioritize giving Gibraltar, if possible, to SPD, then SPA, then SPB and, only if no other Spanish tag exists, to SPC when they complete "Withdraw from Contested Territories" focus.

# Audio
- Fix sound effect for light armour fire. Now it has more DAKKA

If you want to see past changes and full changelog, check out the Beta Patch thread here as well as info on how to start playing on it.

To highlight some changes: We have restricted collaboration regimes further for AI, but opened it up more for players and fixed various issues with guarantee and event chains. We have also added support for accessibility features in multiplayer, like increased font sizes, notifications and text to speech support:
upload_2020-4-1_14-39-3.png

See you next week where I plan to do a bit of a roadmap update!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Oh no April Fool Dev Diary, atleast until now.

Fighting volunteers is very nice to see.

Could someone quickly explain which SP ABCD is what? D is probably Democratic, but if SPA is anarchist why would GB give territory to them? And only at the very and to SPC, are those Carlists or Communists?

I think it was written like that because that was the test case ;) as far as I know the general case was fixed that stopped volunteers engaging

Now for the first I'm getting really excited by reading the 1.9.1 beta changelogs. :)
I had some issues with (air volunteer) fighters nearly don't gain xp if they fight against relatively small enemy airwings. Are there any changes planned?

Fighting volunteers is very nice to see.

Could someone quickly explain which SP ABCD is what? D is probably Democratic, but if SPA is anarchist why would GB give territory to them? And only at the very and to SPC, are those Carlists or Communists?
SPD is Republican, SPA is Nationalist (a holdover from very early design I believe), SPB are the Carlists and SPC are the CNT-FAI or POUM. The letters are basically arbitrary, riffing on SPA as the logical tag for Spain (compare with USB from Man the Guns for the neutral faction in the USA civil war)

Yeah sadly we have been a bit too busy with all the corona stuff to do something special. I am enjoying our April 1st loading texts tho just like last year
upload_2020-4-1_15-29-50.png

I had some issues with (air volunteer) fighters nearly don't gain xp if they fight against relatively small enemy airwings. Are there any changes planned?
not too likely for 1.9.1 I think. but maybe it was tied to the system not working well also, so check after these other fixes

Reactions:
I will just repeat my request from previous beta patch update.

Can the Division equipment list be fixed so that if you do not have equipment in storage or in circulation - then equipment should not be shown in the list anymore. Mid and especially late game makes this list extremely painful to go through if you want to shuffle various grades of equipment to different units.

As I said in my previous message, I will not say it is critical or should be high priority, but would be nice to get it aknowledged for a fix in future. Keep it going guys.

I will just repeat my request from previous beta patch update.

Can the Division equipment list be fixed so that if you do not have equipment in storage or in circulation - then equipment should not be shown in the list anymore. Mid and especially late game makes this list extremely painful to go through if you want to shuffle various grades of equipment to different units.

As I said in my previous message, I will not say it is critical or should be high priority, but would be nice to get it aknowledged for a fix in future. Keep it going guys.
Not for 1.9.1 but my long term "crappy UIs" list does have the division equipment listing on it

Reactions:
Although I love the new skins for all the Spanish and Portuguese factions, but I think the Francoist nationalist path should have a second skin representing the colonial army that were known "regulares"

Last edited:
Hi guys, another week another patch update. We are now focusing on stabilizing it and preparing it for release once its gone through testing.

A cool thing we have added this week is new 3d models for Spain and Portugal. All the different civil war sides in Spain now look different. Here is a fancy render of what they look like in detail:
View attachment 561941
(pardon the german guns for the renders tho ;D)

Check out the changelog since last week:

# Balance
- neutral government can do collaborations now
- If Britain or France decide to abandon Czechoslovakia or Yugoslavia in their respective event chains, any guarantees they have made to those countries are revoked

# Bugfix
- fixed civil war flags not being cleared when country is annexed by an effect and causing script issues
- fixed some occupation modifiers wrongly being applied after loading a save game
- impassable terrains no longer has resistance
- fixed some issues with resources that was causing inconsistencies with the last added resource type
- "Give up Baleares" and "Refuse to Give up Baleares" events are now fired to Italy instead of Spain.
- fixed china uprising decision not working in some cases
- France should no longer abandon all bonds of fellowship by leaving their faction if they decide to support the Czechs together with Britain, because IT IS NOT THIS DAY
- The EU should now correctly gain cores on Belgium and the Netherlands, Byzanthium and Imperium Romanum now also both gain cores on new states that were previously missing
- Airwing duplication now also copies missions as well as the "auto turn off" training setting
- fixed some bugs that was changing resistance country (by cancelling and recreating resistance) not working
- Evade Blockade decisions will now be properly removed after a country capitulates.
- Germany and Soviet air volunteers can fight each other in the civil war
- Fix a case where carrier combat disruption was not working
- Gibraltar will not generate resistance to any Spanish nation if it is transferred during the SCW.

# Stability & Performance
- fixed a bug that was leaking memory in decision scripted guis
- fixed a ctd that happens when you have invalid color characters
- fixed a ctd that can happen when loading a save that has gie with units in naval transfer
- fixed a crash that happens when saving when a border war ordergroup is invalid
- fixed a ctd that happens during peace conf when the game tries getting tooltip for a deleted action

# UI & Graphics
- Added text-to-speech (Win/Mac) and speech-to-text (Win) to the multiplayer chat
- Added large font support and visual message notification to the multiplayer chat
- Added new 3D models for the various Spanish sides and Portuguese units in La Résistance
- Fixed overflow of resource icons in the state view
- added 'lack of fuel' icon for combat view for the divisions that are lacking fuel

# AI
- Soviets are discouraged from sending volunteers to western Europe
- neutral ai countries won't create collaborations unless it is past 1944 and they are at peace
- ai will not create single state collaborations
- The US should now declare war on Vichy france closer to the historical date
- ITA now no longer invades NOR until FRA falls

# Modding
- added army_ledger navy_ledger air_ledger civilian_ledger tokens for parent_window_token scripted gui entries
- added state modifiers for building & repair speed for specific building types (example state_production_speed_infrastructure_factor state_repair_speed_infrastructure_factor)
- added is_impassable trigger
- added support for highlight_state_targets for decisions which is a script target that can be used for highlighting states. should give improved performance if used instead of highlight_states
- decision scripted guis now supports dirty var as well.
- event effects now accepts variables as its duration entries
- Enabled 3D mesh lookup based on a country's cosmetic tag before checking its true tag.

# Database
- fixed an issue where France would start out with too low war support if Man The Guns was not active
- Vichy France is now informed if any colonial territories are taken over by Free France
- Several new Spanish advisors are now at the service of the different Spanish factions. POUM will also receive a field marshal and two generals upon completion of Masters of Our Own Fate focus.
- Brazilian Fascist party will become an Anti-Monarchist Coalition when Portugal completes the focus Monarchist Uprising in Brazil.
- Added general Jose Asensio Torrado to the Spanish roster, so he can finally show up his cool portrait.
- Fixed missing portrait for Spanish general in vanilla.
- Fixed unlocalized option in one of the Spanish civil war news events.
- Spanish Election of 1936 events will now get the current Spanish leader, Niceto Alcala-Zamora.
- Updated BLR division names to use Belarusian instead of Russian.
- Added in decision category art for generic formable nations.
- The UK will now prioritize giving Gibraltar, if possible, to SPD, then SPA, then SPB and, only if no other Spanish tag exists, to SPC when they complete "Withdraw from Contested Territories" focus.

# Audio
- Fix sound effect for light armour fire. Now it has more DAKKA

If you want to see past changes and full changelog, check out the Beta Patch thread here as well as info on how to start playing on it.

To highlight some changes: We have restricted collaboration regimes further for AI, but opened it up more for players and fixed various issues with guarantee and event chains. We have also added support for accessibility features in multiplayer, like increased font sizes, notifications and text to speech support:
View attachment 562000

See you next week where I plan to do a bit of a roadmap update!

Are we close to a release date yet?

Really great!
Thanks for the collaboration govs spam fixing, PDX!
Great thanks for the new advisors and generals for the Spain!
I'm very happy.
What else remains to be done (In my opinion ofc).
1.Normal quasi-historical change of leaders of France (Laval-Blum-Daladier-Reynaud) like the UK has.
Besides, I think that the game also needs some events for replacing the leaders of some countries in the historical time.
These countries are Yugoslavia and South Africa
See here https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ace-the-leaders-at-a-historic-moment.1348969/
2.Pay attention on this thread:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...archist-france-focuses.1361117/#post-26383975
This guy is right. Requiring of the Carlist Spain in the Portuguese and French focus trees is very strange. What if the carlist did not win? Why can't we restore their power by force?
3.Will the number of Portuguese portraits increase? There is a lack of portrait for one general and most advisers.