HOI4 Dev Diary - Bag of Tricks #1

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Another Wednesday means time for another update! Today its time for a "bag of tricks" diary which means its an assortment of smaller features and improvements. Todays selection has several things you guys have asked for for a long time so I hope you will like it :)

Decommissioned templates
Its now possible to mark templates as old. Much like with equipment they will no longer show in the list.
View attachment 729440

Divisions can still use them but get a little warning, and you cant switch to one until it is recommissioned.

View attachment 729442

It is also possible to reorganize the list of templates using drag and drop, so you can make sure you keep your horsie boys on top where they belong.

View attachment 729444

Army List Controls
We have also added various controls to the army list. Its now possible to sort and much easier to select
View attachment 729457

Colorized infra bonuses
Infrastructure help you build more effectively. To make it easier to parse where the best states are we went ahead and colorized the bonus indicator
View attachment 729460

Lend Lease QoL
To make it possible to more easily send ALL of your stockpile of something we have now added a button to the lend lease interface to set it to the content of your stockpile. A lot nicer than typing out a number you have to look up :)
View attachment 729519

War join spam
This one has been on my top 5 annoying things since back in 2014 :D When your war causes a lot of nations to get pulled in you get a ton of separate messages. This can be super annoying because just as you fire off your attack you need to deal with popups. No longer. Check out the comparison when declaring on Poland as Germany. in New vs Old:
View attachment 729465

That's it for today, see you all next week!
Some very nice QOL upgrades. Thank you! :)

Reactions:
What about Polish Shogunate, Napoleon, Bourbon, New Sikorski's Portrait, etc. (You can copy mods like "Regnium Poloniae" "Historical Poland" "Dreams of Poland".
Poland is the most exiting "alt-history" country between WW1 and WW2, So many peoples from Poland are playing HoI4, So many peoples from Poland are making mods for Poland, so why would you add more alt history roads to Polish Tree.

The next new think that you can add for HoI is game rule thats blocks alt-history Focuses from tree (That would be cool for Vanilla Multiplayer)

Reactions:
Another Wednesday means time for another update! Today its time for a "bag of tricks" diary which means its an assortment of smaller features and improvements. Todays selection has several things you guys have asked for for a long time so I hope you will like it :)

Decommissioned templates
Its now possible to mark templates as old. Much like with equipment they will no longer show in the list.
View attachment 729440

Divisions can still use them but get a little warning, and you cant switch to one until it is recommissioned.

View attachment 729442

It is also possible to reorganize the list of templates using drag and drop, so you can make sure you keep your horsie boys on top where they belong.

View attachment 729444

Army List Controls
We have also added various controls to the army list. Its now possible to sort and much easier to select
View attachment 729457

Colorized infra bonuses
Infrastructure help you build more effectively. To make it easier to parse where the best states are we went ahead and colorized the bonus indicator
View attachment 729460

Lend Lease QoL
To make it possible to more easily send ALL of your stockpile of something we have now added a button to the lend lease interface to set it to the content of your stockpile. A lot nicer than typing out a number you have to look up :)
View attachment 729519

War join spam
This one has been on my top 5 annoying things since back in 2014 :D When your war causes a lot of nations to get pulled in you get a ton of separate messages. This can be super annoying because just as you fire off your attack you need to deal with popups. No longer. Check out the comparison when declaring on Poland as Germany. in New vs Old:
View attachment 729465

Yesss!!!!!!!! Wooooooo!!!!!!!!!! So stoked, awesome diary!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions:
I love how much this game has improved during the years and DLCs, but I still miss the old Hierarchy system of HoI2

• 1Like
Reactions:
Think I like these better than the DLC or patch dev diaries. The reordering ability for templates will do my OCD good.

What exactly does this mean? "Colorized infra bonuses"

Can I just check, does the 'sort by various attributes' in the Army List Controls mean - as I think it does- I will be able to arrange my divisions in a set order if I number/name them?

If so, this is huge for me.

I stopped playing HOI4 a couple of years ago because of the difficulty of keeping my divisions within the 'corps' I used to be able to set up in previous iterations of the game. I would enjoy the build up of forces from 1936-1939 but as soon as war broke out I would get so frustrated searching through randomly sorted army lists that I would stop and just start a new game with a different country for the build up part again.

Reactions:
Can I just check, does the 'sort by various attributes' in the Army List Controls mean - as I think it does- I will be able to arrange my divisions in a set order if I number/name them?
I was happy enough to be able to sort by type or experience - but yea, looks like there's a sorting arrow above the namespace as well. So I'd agree that the answer seems to be "yes"

War join spam

Such a relief. Dreams can indeed come true

So two things:

First, the U.K. but especially the U.S. should be programmed to send large amounts of Lend Lease to the U.S.S.R. At least on historical mode. Not sure if it does this already or not. Doesn't seem like it in my games.

Second, (and this is an old problem) without the ability to actually see what your friends need (their stockpile/production/deficit/etc) - Lend Lease will forever remain a half baked mechanic.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Second, (and this is an old problem) without the ability to actually see what your friends need (their stockpile/production/deficit/etc) - Lend Lease will forever remain a half baked mechanic.
Or have the AI start asking for Lend Lease, or let you send a "request to offer lend lease" and they can answer with "I'd like some of X, Y and Z please". (And possibly "but no A, B or C" - but that'd demand there actually be some 'debt' to the 'lease')

• 2Like
Reactions: